Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

dexefiend posted:

I am getting a friend into Infinity with me. He likes Ariadna, is the Ariadna Starter, Tankhunters blister, and the Veteran Kazak with the AP HMG blister a good starting point?

That's a pretty great start, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Find three friends is my advice. :stare:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What, no :911: as well?

Great summaries, Pierzak.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

:911: is the unloved kid brother of Ariadna that we never talk about. Seriously though, the US faction is fairly uninteresting so far, but we will see.

Seriously, look at this guy. Shameful.

Random, but isn't this actually a woman, though?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Saw a bunch of posts and thought new models had been released. Was pleasantly surprised to find some awesome discussions instead. :shobon:

Due to school I haven't painted anything in over a month, even with the HMG Vet. Kazak staring at me from my desk. Soon, buddy.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That pose is so good. "You. Yes, you. I'm gonna rocket punch you so hard your cube'll feel it." :clint:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

TastyAvocado posted:

Sorry bros that Mormaer is loving awesome.

Oh hey a right opinion. :scotland::hf::ussr:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Buy resin bases and pin some tiny ankles, y'all. :getin:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Same here.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think the female Morat(?) looks pretty cool. :shobon: The others I'm pretty 'meh' on.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That Intruder looks great, and Machaon looks awesome in that paint scheme.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Anyone know if the Ariadna model is any good? Does she come with Camo?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

Power of Infinity Army arrives.

MOV 4-4, CC 13, BS 12, PH 11, WIP 13, ARM 2, BTS 0, W 1, AVA 1.
Regular, Not Impetuous.
Defensive Hacking Device.
V: Courage.

ISOBEL McGREGOR Rifle, Flash Pulse, D-Charges, E/Mauler / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)
ISOBEL McGREGOR T2 Rifle, Flash Pulse, D-Charges, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)

NOTE 1: Intel Isobel MacGregor can be part of a Caledonian Volunteer Fireteam in the Caledonian Highlander Army of Ariadna (2+1, 3+1 or 4+1)
NOTE 2: This troop is a Special Character and cannot use the Spec-Ops Rules from the Campaign Rules.

Sooooo any reason you would ever take the Rifle over the T2?

Also, I'm dumb, but what can the defensive hacking device do?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

3pts short and you love rear end pistols?

Agh, missed that. Thanks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Has there been a new release for the month or is Corvus Belli still working through those 2-3 model conflict sets?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Holy moly that Uxia is amazing. No-nonsense army woman indeed.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So I totally hosed up my timing and missed completing my oath by a whole ~45 minutes.

Good thing I have a Veteran Kazak with HMG painted, right? :gbsmith:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

He looks rad, and that's all that matters. :)

He'll look even more rad once he's given a layer of dullcote. Only question now is what to paint next, and the Autocannon Tankhunter is probably due.

EDIT: Went ahead and assembled him. The little bar piece was annoying to fix; I don't see how you PanO andNomad players put up with a million of those per model.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 2, 2014

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Speaking of Ariadna, I finished up my Tankhunter. Here's the whole group so far:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Hortism posted:

That Tank Hunters gun/arm/hand are a monstrosity to stick together.

Yeah; to anyone reading this, my advice is be patient and learn how to pin if you haven't already.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

ijyt posted:

Would I be lying if I described this game as MOBA-esque to my LoL-loving friends? Infinity seems to have a lower entry cost than Hordes, so it'd probably be more likely that I could convince them to give this a shot.

Well, the game IS all about firing lanes. :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Infinity is more like XCOM.

I need to play XCOM. :sigh:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That's so many models; it'd be like buying a 1000 40k list at that point :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Aww yeah, Scots Guard. :black101:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Not that I'd buy it (PanO does nothing for me), but whyyyyyy does that one soldier have her pigtails hanging out? :doh:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
What is that new model supposed to represent?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

The Dark Project posted:

Which new model are you talking about?

This one?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Yeah, I did the same thing with the female Line Kazak in my starter set.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
This is the best I could find on short notice:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Wow, that really does work very well. It is transformed from an example of one-hand-under-the-desk sculpting to merely a slightly duff pose. Nice job.

Thanks. :) But yeah, not only is she the sole member not wearing her jacket, but her body armor only covers her tits. As opposed to, y'know, her other internal organs.

That said, the dark grey mutes that, uh, arrangement.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Stop making me want to play Morats, CB! :mad:

...their brute force style would make a nice change from the sneaky Ariadnans. :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Oh wait, new bases are a thing? Is this true for all models or just certain ones?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Baron Snow posted:

Certain models, mostly those with base extensions, more details soon.

Ah OK; I'd already invested in some Dragonforge bases for my Ariadnans and was concerned that I'd need to replace them all.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The only thing embarrassing about those pictures is the lack of basing. :colbert:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Fanzay posted:

gently caress me, that Spetznaz! Welp, back to my Ariadna force. :negative:

Is there a historical reason for their emblem literally being the same as Batman? Not that I'm complaining... :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Indolent Bastard posted:

I love that this is happening at the same time 40K players are losing their poo poo about the still unconfirmed rumor of 7th edition.

Jeez, really? Oh well, I can't even think to worry about that when Ariadna has so many new models in the pipeline. :allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MCPeePants posted:

If they put out a new Kazak box of similar quality to those Morats then I am DEFINITELY starting this game, even if I have to buy armies for my opponents. Any pictures yet?

No idea on Kazaks, but a few posts up someone posted stills from a presentation where they were showing off new model artwork, including Ariadnan Spetznas Paratroopers. :ussr:

EDIT: Well nevermind apparently they've been removed from Imgur :v:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I love everything about it aside from those weird arm-guards. Are they of any practical significance? Would've just preferred bare forearms otherwise. :( Still a kick-rear end model.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Pierzak posted:

No it's not. 5 minutes wasted to say "don't get fixated on destroying the enemy when you have objectives to do".

Not entirely disagreeing, but there's merit in just telling people that and showing a new player with a visual aid what that means, exactly. In that sense, there's value in the dude's video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

Kazak Spetsnazs profiles are up.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/downloads/army-lists/%5Ben%5DNewProfiles.pdf

Fast Pandas are MOV20. LOL (it's a typo from Spanish version translation, theyre MOV8 I think).

Spetsnaz have a 20 CC :stare: I haven't played Infinity in a long time due to school, but looking at their costs, what sort of role do you see them taking?

• Locked thread