Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I can hardly tell any of the guns appart, let alone between factions, so I'll probably never make the effort to swap weapon arms between infinity minis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

We introduced Op:Ice to our club last night. Success! I think we must've played 15 games between us and everyone I talked to thought it was a lot of fun.

Guess I need to paint up my 150 pt CA army! Speaking of which, what should I add to get to 200 and then 250?

I have an asswang, noctifer, shrouded, malignos and two ikadrons (I'm using slave drone models because I'm cheap). I also have a skiavoros. I was thinking some daturazi or maybe just wait for the new starter.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Are these a new box? They look a lot better than the other set.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Speaking of conversions, any good alternatives for the plasma arm on the skiavoros? I'd preferably want an arm with an actual hand, but at least be able to replace his super soaker.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I'm copying the OP for our local clubs forum if you guys don't mind. So far we are three Infinity players, but we hope to drum up some attention for this game.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

If my shasvastii is killed by fire, does the spawn embryo need to keep rolling for the fire effect as well?

E: btw, Ko Dali kicks rear end. She landed behind his Nomads and killed a reverend healer and grenzr sniper. Then blew the brains out of a spektr as he came out of TO camo to kill her.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 4, 2014

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Really? I thought shasvastii had three states: unconscious, dead and embryo?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Thats... not what the wiki says?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I interpreted it as the model being replaced by a counter which is its own "model", hence not being affected by its "parent" burning.

But hey, I'm the noob here :v:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Are daturazi witch soldiers impetuos? According to maya net they are, but I can't find what rules give them that.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Dat spetznas.

I had my second and third "real" Infinity game today. One fan made scenario and one YAMS one. I can tell I have A LOT to learn, but the one thing I noticed in my two games today was that my Daturazi kept running out and getting gunned down, losing me orders early on. Any tips on how to work around / plan for using Impetuous troops?

E: also, my Aswang glued and ate some poor schmuck :drac:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Corbeau posted:

Going to go ahead and compile the posted CA Starter stats spoiled (supposedly - though I believe them) from the main boards.

----

Umbra Legates
MOV 6-2, CC 21, BS 12, PH 13, WIP 14, ARM 1, BTS 3, W 1, S 2, AVA 2
Special Skills: Advanced Deployment L1, CH:Mimetism, Kinematika L1, MA L4, V No Wound Incapacitation

K1 Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse, Pistol, DA CCW SWC 0, Cost 40
Spitfire, Flash Pulse, Pistol, DA CCW SWC 1.5, Cost 41
Hacking Device Plus, Boarding Shotgun, Flash Pulse, Pistol, DA CCW SWC 0.5, Cost 43
Lt, K1 Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse, Pistol, DA CCW SWC 0.5, Cost 40
Lt, Spitfire, Flash Pulse, Pistol, DA CCW SWC 1.5, Cost 41

----

Fraacta Drop Unit: Jump Form
MOV 4-4, CC 14, BS 12, PH 12, WIP 12, ARM 1, BTS 3, W 1, S 2, AVA 2
Special Skills: AD Combat Jump, Transmutation, V Courage

Fraacta Drop Unit: Survival Form
MOV 4-2, CC 14, BS 12, PH 10, WIP 12, ARM 2, BTS 6, W 1, S 2
Special Skills: V Courage

Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0, Cost 29
Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0, Cost 28
Spitfire, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, SWC 1.5, Cost 35
El Assault Hacking Device, Combi Rifel, Nanopulser, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0.5, Cost 35

----

Maakrep Trackers Unit
MOV 4-2, CC 15, BS 12, PH 11, WIP 13, ARM 2, BTS 3, W 1, S 2, AVA 3
Equipment: AutoMedKit, MSV L2
Special Skills: Sixth Sense L1, V Courage

Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0, Cost 29
HMG, Pistol, Knife, SWC 1.5, Cost 33
Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0, Cost 26
Multi Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Knife, SWC 1.5, Cost 33
El Hacking Device, Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Pistol, Knife, SWC 0.5, Cost 34
Lt, Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun, Pistol, Knife, SWC 1, Cost 29

----

Unidron Batroids
MOV 4-4, CC 5, BS 11, PH 10, WIP 12, ARM 1, BTS 6, STR 1, S 2, AVA 4
Special Skills: G:Autotool, V:Dogged

Plasma Carbine, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 0, Cost 14
K1 Combi Rifle, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 0.5, Cost 16
K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1), Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 0.5, Cost 17
Plasma Sniper Rifle, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 1.5, Cost 24
Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 1.5, Cost 20
Spitfire, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 1, Cost 18
Plasma Carbine, Pistol, Electric Pulse SWC 0, Cost 15

----

I'm getting the impression of a very hard-hitting but very fragile army here. Sort of like JSA, except with a metric ton of advanced tech.

Thanks man! About to order that starter as soon as it hits the online stores. What are the stats for Plasma carbines?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JoshTheStampede posted:

The thread title should have something to do with The Squatting Of The Exrah

"The Exrah were eaten by squats"?

You know since squats were eaten by the tyranids (insect army of 40k).

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Luckily http://www.infinitythegame.com/archivo/[ENG]_Rules.pdf is up

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Should I buy an Anathematics to proxy as a Charontid or should I wait for a re-sculpt (considering its now supposed to be on a larger base I assume a new one isn't far off)?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

What is an NPE?

I heard Bostria say that they didn't want people firing into and out of buildings despite being able to blow hole in walls, so I'm sure they will fix it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

How does it work in WMH?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe Ariadna has started to use more tech bought on the black market since 2nd ed?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I bought mine from a doll house company in the UK called Melody Jane.

http://www.melodyjane.com/dolls-house-miniature-bathroom-kitchen-flooring-white-cream-hexagon-tile-sheet-626-p.asp

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

You can't contact the TO and show them why that is a bad idea?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

What are nimbus zones again?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I give up on daturazis. Tried them for three games. They either run out and get shot to death or like today, failing four smoke grenade throws in a row and getting shot to death.

After that I tried the new unidrons and they murdered face with their plasmas. Good thing I proxied the dats before I bought them (I probably just suck at using them though).

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

17? :downs:
Didn't realize that I got +3

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Is minelayer still a thing in N3? I couldn't find the rules for it.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I tried to order my CA starter from element games, and they hadn't gotten their shipment from their distributor either, so it might be an international problem.

I just want my alien sith lord, damnit!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The model doing the ARO decides when to perform it, so can be before entering cc, while the active model is outside of cover and so on.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I ordered the CA starter before christmas, and 30. January they replied telling me they'd get a new one in a week :(

Also, this game is really hard to learn. I just can't get my head around the order mechanic and deploy accordingly.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I know how it works in theory, I just seem to be unable to put it in practice in a way that works.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

What does people think of netrods/imetrons? I was thinking I could use a hacker to get +3 PH for all AD the first turn and then drop a few rods + AD troops, but that is four orders that won't be spent on anything else that turn.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Oh. Well thats actually a bonus then since I have their orders at the start of the turn.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

With the hacking device, can I give B2 in ARO to a weapon with only B1 to start with?

Missile launcher batroids ahoy!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

So is there a rule of thumb as to what type of models/weapons you should have in a list, how expensive a model you can "get away with" in low point games and so on?

I found this while looking for terrain inspiration. Is it legit advice?

We play mostly 150-200 pt battles (we are just starting up and I'm one of the two who started Infinity in my group) and I think its hard to know what to take in a list. Playing CA, all our "standard" rifle guys aren't really that standard and there are so many weird (and expensive!) tricks in the list so its hard to know what I should or shouldn't use while playing such low pts.

My last game my unidrons and imedrons sat outside their weapon range and was shot down while my cloaked guys got discovered and killed pretty quickly. For one I was far to aggressive (objective was to map enemy DZ) and the terrain was terrible (lots of corridors between DZs meant his HMG and sniper guy had a field day), but aside from that its hard to know what tools to bring.

Sorry if this has been answered before and I probably just need to play the game more.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I'm new to Infinity and all, but to me it seems like kind of a dick move to refuse to tell your opponent stuff he could look up in the army builder (whenever it arrives).

I'd probably wouldn't care, but some other grognard might as well be "you won't, huh? I guess I'll spend the next 10 min trawling your army list then!". I think it reeks of passive-aggressive behaviour, but to each his own I guess.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Mayanet for N3 is out.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Do martial arts include the stealth skill? I seem to remember it did, but I can't find the referance anywhere.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Wow, some how I missed the big red box that said "Important!" :downs:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Does Marksmanship L2 include L1 as well? So both Shock and ignore MOD from partial cover?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Use MayaNet.

On another note, the Umbra Legates is a loving Beast and I'll never leave home without one again.

"I'll just sneak up behind your Janizary and CUT HIS loving HEAD OFF!"

"Oh, you ARO'd my hacking attack and gave me a stroke? I'll just limp around the corner and BLOW TWO GIANT HOLES IN YOU, YOUR BUDDY AND YOUR LITTLE ROBOT FRIEND THERE!" :black101:

So much ownage.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Coming from a non-space marine GW army, I'm surprised how much people adhere to the "studio" colors with Infinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Corbeau posted:

None of the Gadget programs are usable in ARO. You can check out the hacking programs table (p153) to see what programs are usable as an ARO.

e: The main "defensive" tools that hackers bring are either ARO-only programs against very particular enemies (vs guided weapons or vs combat jump troops) or they're Fairy Dust, which is just a piece of supportware that you spend an order putting up each turn. These are potentially very very useful, especially Fairy Dust if you're running a bunch of HI, but they're fairly limited.

If you count attacking back as "defensive hacking", there are more, like Gotcha! or Sucker Punch. Just wanted to point that out for other people like me who thought you meant "these are the only hacking problems you can do in ARO".

• Locked thread