Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Docs don't break link, only if they use G;Sync bots do doc, then they break the link. Rockets also do not scatter, if they miss they deactivate and do not detonate.

Genghis Cohen posted:

What sort of army do you use? I have moved my nomads mostly to Corregidor, but I still really like some of the camo type bakunin models. Zeros, prowlers, both great units. Custodiers are one of the best and most useful hackers in the game IMO. Sin eaters are awesome and the perfect unit to cover camo infiltrators with.

I can't say I like morlocks or the furry thing much, but they would be cool tactically. How about Bran do Castro instead? A little conversion on him, no tail, helmet, maybe splice on some boots and he is an awesome idea. He's a 'triple zero' agent, ie he is Hanuman Bond. Mate of mine used him in a game once and he was the ultimate first turn assassin. Better than a fiday even, with that mobility.
JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF BAKUNIN
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 0

REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
MODERATOR Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 11)
SIN-EATER Mk12 / Pistol, CCW. (29)
PROWLER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)
ZERO (Deployable Repeater) E/Mauler, Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
REVEREND MOIRA HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 39)
REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 45)
REVEREND MOIRA Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, CCW. (30)

5 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

Is my list. Basically, skirmishing elements, plus Moira link team. I own very little in the way of Bakunin at the moment, basically what I posted, +3 more Moderators and the full team of Riot Grrls which I haven't used yet. I'll post up my thoughts on the list in a bit, but I just need to play Bakunin a lot more. Positives include his O-Yoroi being unable to traverse the map due to E/M poo poo everywhere. YEAH.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Zhent posted:

A couple friends introduced me to this game yesterday as an alternative to 40k - they have both pretty much moved into Infinity exclusively at this point, so I'm looking at picking up some models and joining them.

I read the descriptions of the different factions in the OP and on the website, but its never broken down exactly what each faction does better/worse relative to the others. Is it possible to make a list to fit any playstyle out of each faction? I haven't actually played yet, so I'm looking for a starting list that will let me get into the game and learn the rules while still being somewhat competitive.
Yeah I've yet to add that piece, but generally there are rough stereotypes to each faction, but for the most faction any faction can emulate any playstyle. List building in Infinity is very, very versatile, basically look into what you like the look of. It isn't like 40k where one faction does one thing really well.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Speaking of the OP. I'll be updating it some more tonight guys, am running some practice games for the guys at my LGS at the moment for an upcoming tournament and recording stats, then I'll add to the OP.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

When I get home I'll copy and paste Pierzaks summary as I'm a lazy gobshite.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's actually quite accurate for the most part, thanks mate.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Will do!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Didn't know there was a Newport lad near me, cool! That's actually a very good website.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

To be honest, some people aren't a fan of the battleheels, nevermind some of the pumped up sexualism in some of the range, but it's part of the design roots of the genre and the anime/cyberpunk aesthetic, so it comes with the game. End Discussio please!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Am I doing this right? :ohdear:

You steered us away from SexismInfinity chat so you're a hero in my eyes. These guys are coming along nicely, do you have any better lighting photos? The only thing I could give advice with is another layer of highlights maybe?

Also Corbs, that terrain owns loving bones.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

gobbledygoat posted:

Almost all of the PanOceanian women are strong and respectable. The Kamau, Nisses and fusilers especially, they don't even have battle heels. Only one Acontecimento Regular has a bare midriff and I can almost forgive that since by fluff they 1) have less armour than normal line troops and 2) are jungle veterans. The boarding shotgun ORC is also rad and one of my favourite models.
The boarding shottie ORC is loving MASSIVE too, she is crazy tall. Love that model.

Sorry on delays to updating the OP guys, work is snowballing me at the moment and I'm knackered when I get home. I'll try to smash out an update tomorrow afternoon, but if not it won't be until weekend-ish?.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Best way mate is to look at sectorials on army builder, then just reference the gallery. It's all mostly thematic too, so you can usually check just by names. Knights for Military Order sectorial, Acontecimento stuff for ASA. That sort of thing.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, getting hold of Infinity terrain is the trickiest part of playing it. There are some great paper-based terrain designs floating about on the scenery section of the official forum.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah I'm going to back the Lasiq rag, those models are awful, they pack the one in the starterbox just to get rid of the model because it doesn't sell, because it totally isn't ridiculously powerful and I don't at all wake up screaming because of that Climbing Plus, X-Visor, Viral Sniper Rifle wielding rear end in a top hat.

Edit: Guys, I've added a New Player List Building Guide to the OP but here is a link for those interested, it's a great post from a buddy of mine and it's a very helpful tool for newer players.

http://infinitythegame.com/forum/in...-not-your-list/

E: Added ALEPH to OP, also fleshed out PanO and YJ a bit and reworded a few sentences. Only three left to go and then I'll add some gameplay stuff for them. Although I think that part is actually less important because of how versatile the factions are in Infinity.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 19, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugh, played four games tonight and did quite badly in all of them, only one of which went to plan. I really, really struggle playing Bakunin in comparison to Corregidor, PanO, MO or NCA. I think I need to make some additional purchases to give me more options. I'm currently running 4x Rev Moira, 5x Riot Grrl, Custodier, Sin Eater, Zero, Prowler, Lunokhod and 3x Moderators. I'm thinking of picking up a Uberfall box and maybe maxing out my Moderators. What do you guys suggest?

E: Also Atlanata REALLY does not like it when you catch her and her Spotbot within an E/Mauler. I did giggle a bit as my Zero scampered off and recamo'd up. That was quite funny. I threw another one to cock-block Achillies too.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 19, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

How many Morlocks?
As many as I listed, minus that number.

Tardscream posted:

Maxing out on moderators would probably be good. Are you finding moiras or riot grrls more useful in their roles? Prefer custodiers over moiras myself from what I've seen but I'm no Bakunin expert.
Moderators usually get relegated to order spods as they're quite low priority models and Bakunin don't exactly have the most expensive models in existence so it's easy to skip them I find. Moiras and Riot Grrls take different roles, largely as Grrls take shock troops, giving Bakunin some punch whereas Moiras are a bit more multipurpose. I use them a lot for tech-denial with the amount of EMP weapons they can bring. Custodier for me takes the role of Lt/Hacker, using the Lt Order for the hacker with E/Maulers to keep HI/REMs locked out of key zones.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Only a handful! join today with a starterbox! :)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The rest of the jargon comes basically with time over games then buddy. :) No fear and never be afraid to ask questions.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think QK is one of the least played sectorials with ISS for sure.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

There is no meta. Or rather local metas vary wildly. In my neighborhood there's a shitload of Ariadna/Haqq players, with some Corregidor lemmings emerging and a tiny bit of everything else.

As for sectorials, I'd say ISS and Hassassins are the least popular.

VVV: The gently caress? Everyone and their mother plays QK. It's like 95% of Haqq players.
QK is the least played sectorial in the UK. We almost never see them in tournaments and I'm the only person in my meta to even consider playing them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've faced Suryats a few times, they're a decently mobile team with decent armour and BTS values and a good BS, but that's it. They're pretty vanilla though. No idea on Raktorak though, not seen him on the table, ever.

Germ posted:

As Pierzak said, Morlocks are pretty great. Of the seven point chain rifle variety. With markers on the moderators, it can also be really easy to add a Vertigo zond (and maybe a Reeaktion zond for protection) and go the dirty nomad route. Making the zero a hacker can also help in that respect - combat camo hacking is great. I love me some Bakunin, but have ever been too excited about Morias or Grrls. I prefer putting more models on the board, saving the elite, expensive models for Corregidor. Max moderators are a must for a decent and cheap link team. Make sure you have a spitfire in there!
Yeah I'll invest into the Morlocks eventually, but I have a tricky time fitting them into my lists for the most part. It's more of finding a job for them outside of smoke throwing Irregulars.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My god I am not a fan of that list, but then I've never been one to play horde lists. I'll probably pick up the Morlocks at some point in the future, for now I'm quite enjoying the new style of play even if it's wildly unpredictable in how its working, mostly list refinement I think.

Here's a Q for people. I'm currently using MDP Resin bases for my Bakunin:
http://www.modeldisplayproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_51_58&product_id=169
I'm only using Bases 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 at the moment though and haven't used any of the others yet but I was thinking of getting a set of these for my Corregidor and rebasing them: (they're just lightly glued onto proxy bases at the moment, regular 25mm)

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/tech-bases-round-25mm-p-674.html

I don't think they look wildly different (painting jobs aside) what do you all think? worth sticking with one type, or picking up some of these? The riveted floor is approx same scale and the grating is the same sizes for the most part barring quality. What do you think? alternate is rebasing my current Bakunin but that seems like a lot of effort too.

E: Ordered some for my Corregidor, two army projects, I never play vanilla Nomads anyway. :negative:

I DID however play some games this morning and kicked some xeno arse with Corregidor:

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR

GROUP 1 10 0 0

WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
HELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
HELLCAT Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (20)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

I cannot wait to get my mitts on that Iguana, it does so much work for me in these lists it's unreal. It isn't quite any of my PanO TAGs, but then none of my PanO link teams are quite Wildcats either. So it balances.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 21, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah if it's a concern, Hafzas are great options. If not and you're more likely to keep your hacker back, the Barid isn't too shabby either. Combining Hacker and Lt orders are very tasty though. e: Two lists to start playing, eventually I'll have to morph them into Paradiso lists, but I think these look good.:

GROUP 1 9 1 1

REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 45)
ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
PROWLER Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 37)
CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Viral CCW. (24)
3x PUPNIK DA CCW.
SALYUT (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

JURISDICTIONAL COMMAND OF CORREGIDOR

GROUP 1 10 0 0

WILDCAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
WILDCAT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (23)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 44)
IGUANA HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 73)
IGUANA OPERATOR HMG / Pistol, Knife.
HELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (24)
HELLCAT Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
TOMCAT Doctor Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + 1 Zondcat / Pistol, Knife. (28)
ZONDCAT Electric Pulse.

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 22, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

A lot of the new ALEPH units in Paradiso push the boundries of reasonable points cost, it's quite obscene and Pent is one the better examples of it. She's pure evil. Bikers are something people need to be very wary of when playing though, like the Fiday and the Shasvastii version.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Signal posted:

Ghulams. :emo:

I see the cheap Naffatun being the apology that vanilla Haqq gets for both sectorials being limited by 13 point cheerleaders. :p
Ghulams were considered slightly pricey before the Torakitai(?) came out, then they just shat on Ghulams' point cost. It's pretty bad.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Do you guys usually play objective missions, or just try to kill the other guys until they run away?
You have to play scenarios in this game, team deathmatch is a boring slugfest. Check out the YAMS pack or play Paradiso missions as stand alone. I write my own scenarios for our group and I might publish them online when we get them near-well balanced.

ineptmule posted:

This didn't at all go how I planned.
Potential future threat title spotted. It's practically the games motto at this point. :v:

What do you guys think of me publishing some scenarios designed for varying point scales? One thing we've used a bit in our area are neutral NPC types of models for narrative and they're a lot of fun to play with too.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Multi Rifles do feel overcosted at times, but they're a lot better than people give them credit for. DA is a very powerful ammunition type. AP is a bit more situational, but is great when combined with another ammo type.

MoreLikeTen posted:

Picked up Haqqislam and Aleph Steel phalanx sets. I was initially concerned about the playerbase, but the low model count and free ruleset won me over. I got them mostly because the themes appealed to me, is there a horrible disconnect between the faction starter sets?
For very first games, there will definately feel like a skew to the ALEPH player, it isn't huge at that learning point of the system, but it's noticable later on especially. I'd consider both of you looking at the minis you like from the box and building 150pt lists and going from there. You'll end up having to proxy, but after the initial games it'll be a lot smoother.

E: Played against some Calibans earlier today with my Bakunin, I have to say they impressed me for a Shasvastii link option, they felt a bit ghetto but the Sphinx he was using ate up a lot of points. What a pain in the butt.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 23, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not sure I've ever seen a regular sniper rifle in the game. They're pretty dull.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, I'm hoping someone actually starts to play Tohaa in my area, we had like five people buy into them, then four sold them off and the other guy likes the models but doesn't want to play with them. :(

I tell a lie too, I've seen an Aridanan player use a sniper rifle with a Line Kazak and it promptly did nothing and stayed at the back of the table being an order monkey. This was back when I was playing MO heavily and would just HI-shock him off the table with Magister spam.

God I had a lot of fun with that sectorial. Same with NCA, you can really abuse people with NCA if they're not sure what they're dealing with. :v:

Has anyone here played many of the Paradiso scenarios? our group is steadily reworking some of them to punish players if the scenarios aren't taken, and some of the scenarios are now getting time windows to complete objectives or they move onto the next part so you don't get up with an awkward stalemate. Not to mention no scoring until turn two so it doesn't get rushed at the start of the game.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

All shots/effects are resolved simultaniously. So you'd be rolling B4 (Active/HMG) vs the B1 (ARO/Sniper). If the Sniper was to roll a 5 and the HMG a 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the other hand. Sure.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yes to first part, Basically this is the entire ARO shooting sequence resolved:

A Fusilier declares first part of his Order to Move (MOV).
An Alguacil declares ARO, Shoot (BS), as Angus moves into LOS during his movement.
The Fusilier declares the second part of his Order (Shoot).

It's the Fusiliers active turn so he get's full burst of his weapon (Combi Rifle, B(urst)3, so 3 D20s). The Alguacil only gets a single B/Shot, so a single D20 as it's the ARO and you're limited to a single shot/burst unless a skill declares otherwise (Neurocinotics and Total Reaction being two examples).

Once modifiers are figured out (range/cover/camouflage/etc), you roll.

So the Fusilier rolls a 1, 8 and a 19, requiring 12s to hit. The Alguacil rolls a 7, requiring 11s.

The 1 is a successful hit (as it is lower than the target BS of 12). But because the 7 is higher than the 1, it cancels out the 1. The 8 of the Fusilier beats the 7, cancelling out the Alguacils shot but the 19 is considered a miss because it's higher than the Fusiliers target number.

As a result, the Alguacil takes a single ARM roll, as only one successful shot has landed.

E:Basically:

1 (Fusilier) < 7 (Alguacil) < 8 (Fusilier, only successful shot) < 12 (Target number of Fusilier) > 19 (Fusilier, missed)

E2: Had the Fusilier rolled a direct 12 instead of the 19. It would have been considered a Critical, causing the Alguacil to take an immediate Wound. In addition, the Alguacil would still have to have taken an ARM roll for the roll of an 8, as that is still successful over the Alguacils roll of a 7.

--

Hoping I don't sound like a tit there, but that's the basic explanation of how the system works.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 23, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'm hoping to post up some Bakunin stuff I'm working on at the moment, it's just tricky to find the time to do so. :(

Wales Grey posted:

What about the 1? It's still a success, does the Alguacil's roll of 7 negate that even though it lost the F2F?
No, the 1 is considered a miss/failed shot because the 7 beat it, even though that shot was also cancelled out by the 8. :)

But, had the Fusilier rolled an 8 and a 9, that would be two successful hits, as they both beat the opposing models roll.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 23, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There are very few must haves, but I seriously would consider from the Haqq Starterbox would be a Lasiq (either verison). Rough example:

HAQQISLAM

GROUP 1 6 1 0

NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (12)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
JANISSARY Lieutenant AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 45)
HUNZAKUT (Deployable Repeater) Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

3 SWC | 150 Points

v

ASSAULT SUBSECTION

GROUP 1 6 0 1

THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MYRMIDON Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 37)
AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
EUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 40)

1.5 SWC | 150 Points

OR

ASSAULT SUBSECTION

GROUP 1 6 0 1

THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 25)
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)
MYRMIDON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (27)
AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 28)
EUDOROS Lieutenant Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 40)

2 SWC | 149 Points

-

Ghulams are freely swappable with Janissary Lt which also leaves you with 1 SWC to spend later on. The Lasiq is straight up one of the most terrifying units in HaqqIslam and needs some serious respect, because they can do some real damage. Viral weapons are utterly evil.

You have to proxy the Phalanx box a bit with different options, changing the hacker into a regular Myrm is a good example and you can fiddle about with load outs, but drat that box as packaged is ridiculous.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 24, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Played against a buddies Acontecimento this morning, the match up was:

GROUP 1 9 1 1

ZERO Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
PROWLER Spitfire, D-Charges / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 37)
CHIMERA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Viral CCW. (24)
3x PUPNIK DA CCW.
SALYUT (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

6 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

Vs

SHOCK ARMY OF ACONTECIMENTO

GROUP 1 10 0 0

MACAYANA Lieutenant HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / AP CCW. (2 | 89)
BAGH-MARI HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)
BAGH-MARI (Minelayer) MULTI Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
BAGH-MARI Combi Rifle+ Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (22)
REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
REGULAR Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)
NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (32)
SINGH Combi Rifle / Assault Pistol, CCW. (37)
COMANDO AKAL Combi Rifle + E/Mitter / Pistol, CCW. (25)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Highlights include:
1) A Zero catching the entire Bagh-Mari link team with an E/Mauler.
2) Toni Macayana toasting all three of my Moiras with her flamethrower after one of them critted his Naga across the table.
3) My Prowler camouflage attacking his back up link team of Regulars, missing all three shots on the Sensor one (the only one in LOF) and getting critted back as a compliment.
4) Me finally dropping Macayana and Singh dropping in like a hero with the other Akal, wasting my Custodier (I was dumb and left the flank open) putting me in Loss of Lieutenant.
5) My Chimera running back with the only objective (out of two) claimed, only to get shot in the back by an ASA Regular. Arsehole!

I really, really want to say "God drat PanO TAGs" but I introduced them to my meta with my PanO and I reap what I sow.

Toni is so good, cannot wait 'til she comes out, she will go in so many lists.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

The Devil Team builder is becoming decent again, they put someone to work and holy poo poo the world is ending 2 updates in 2 days :derp: so, the basic issues like profiles are fixed now and they're working on the actual bugs.
Hahaha, the most recent update undid some of the Spanish in the choices and added entirely new ones, so you can cut that first line out of that post my friend!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

If they bring out a Svalarheim or Varuna sectorial, I can see my Nomads visiting the shelf for a little while. :v:

He's had a lot of success with using Toni Lt and Singh, when he started playing I was just coming off my ASA binge and was using Toni a lot of as my Lt. She's quite durable and the Lt Order is well spent getting her out of danger if need be, so she is surprisingly a pain to deal with. She is prone to being over-extended though by greedy players (like me) which gets her killed. CoC is a great skill for aggressive sectorials (Especially ASA and JSA, who have very tempting frontline Officers) and although Singh isn't the best CoC model, he's the only one ASA has.

In our area though we see a lot of people using AD2 rather than AD3 so he's a bit more reliable that way. Singh very rarely comes onto the table unless it's the bottom of Turn 2 or top of Turn 3, largely because if he's coming in, it's expected that Toni is about to die and that usually means the Bagh-Mari are in the poo poo also.

E: I'm fleshing out the factions section and hope to get my CA section posted before I head to the nerdstore to play some games, what do you all think of the way the PanO section is done? I'm planning to do that for every faction.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 24, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Post limit is rediculous in this forum at 50k characters. I'm about 20k characters with CA and Tohaa written up fully on my word.doc. It does look a bit intimidating to read through. E: It might get to about 30-35k with faction playstyle stuff rammed into it.

Double Edit: A CA one would be fantastic mate, it's the one I have most trouble explaining to people. Especially the EI/Aspect stuff.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 24, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Search ALEPH Toolbox in Google Play store mate, it's not amazing but it does work.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Two buddies are about to have a game and one person is using a 4 man link of Hsien.

That is a lot of points on MSV2s, holy poo poo. This is relevant because YJ just got posted up!

e: Aww, he changed it into this last minute:

IMPERIAL SERVICE

GROUP 1 10 0 4

KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (5)
CELESTIAL GUARD Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
SÙ-JIÀN Spitfire, Light Flamethrower, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 56)
HSIEN HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 61)
HSIEN MULTI Rifle + E/M Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 67)
HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 60)

6.5 SWC | 297 Points

Open with Army 4

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 24, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

He had one originally, but ditched it in favour of the small link team and Su-Jian. That HMG Link Team leader is demolishing poo poo, it just one-turned a Maghriba.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my god my penis is so hard after looking at that image. :swoon:

E: Jokes on me though, I just ordered a bunch of MAS bases for my Corregidor and didn't order a medium base.

Guess what size that pilot is on!

(Our meta is a bit different to how I see a lot of Americans and other Brits play the game, but here in South Wales we have a LOT of minimum link teams (I promote this one a lot because it frees up points massively in sectorials) and our Haqq player is crazy and loves his spider tank).

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 24, 2013

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a cock pit bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierzak posted:

Where the hell do you have medium bases in Infinity? There's only small, large and Maghariba. Too much WMH? :P
REMs?

Wait REMs actually use same size bases as TAGs... don't they? I'm not even sure anymore. Yeah I've been playing too much other games.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What exactly is an "orderbot"? I've seen this phrase used to describe the CA Batroid and I'm unsure what it means.
Order spod, order monkey or a cheerleader. Basically a model that sits in the back of the table and provides orders to the more important models that actually get some work done. The 8pt REMs and basic LI fill this role a fair bit.

• Locked thread