Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

What, no :911: as well?
:911: doesn't have a lovely hat to piss off USAriadna players :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Tardscream posted:

Godamn heavy panzerfaust mate.
Not heavy Panzerfaust, but light shotgun :v:

ed: Also, bare midriff. Definitely a woman.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 16, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Just link to it, I'll be improving it later. BTW it'd be great if you could add/correct anything about PanO.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
You're welcome.

Also, Flipswitch, can you put this map in the OP?

https://infinitypeople.herokuapp.com/

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

(Unless you play Nomad)
There's an alternate Daktari, the new nuns can have skinsuits painted on instead of naked legs, the Chimera can be reposed into an aggressive pose (and/or given a weapon), and everything else is just Nomad-weird instead of cheesecake. Where there's a will there's a way. Proxies, model selection, conversions, a lot of space to have unsexist models if you want them.

(is this the stage where we post Savonarola's ALEPH dildobots or not yet? :confused:)

And I'll be making a sectorial-focused intro to supplement the above list. When I get around to it. Eventually.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 17, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The guns' color scheme could use some breaking. Like a second, non-metallic color, or more visible highlighting.

(and it is exactly the right team thank you :colbert:)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

gobbledygoat posted:

Almost all of the PanOceanian women are strong and respectable.
I'd comment on that, but it's not polite to make fun of deformed people :v:

Corbeau posted:

Also, worth noting re: beginners, don't be afraid to play vanilla if you're not absolutely in love with a sectorial. Frankly I think the versatility of vanilla Haqq is stronger than being able to field a sectorial link team. While links are nasty, there are tools and tactics that can wreck them - and if you're playing vanilla, it's easy to bring those tools.
Also, this. Don't buy the Kool-Aid that vanilla is dead and links are king. Vanilla has a ton of awesome options. Tiger soldiers? vanilla. Hac Tao? Vanilla. Naffatun? Vanilla. Exrah and EI constructs (including the mighty Anathematic and the loving AVATAR)? All vanilla.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 18, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I'm almost done painting mine in the usual Apple white-gray and would like to see some alternatives.
Early iMac colors then? :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 18, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

MoreLikeTen posted:

I was thinking of getting back into 40k and balking at the cost a little bit, so I stumbled over here, did some research, and I like what I see. The main site is a little difficult to navigate as far as miniatures are concerned, is there a resource that clearly divides things by faction AND sectorial as well? I don't really understand the sectorial distinction, I guess.

Yes. Use Aleph Toolbox, make a sectorial list, every unit has a picture/link to the official gallery.

Direwolf posted:

So what do people do for terrain? I've googled infinity terrain and it seems really expensive to purchase, do people make their own?
The MDF buildings are mostly for people with too much money, no free time, or who want to have durable terrain for the club. From what I see people usually make their own or mix it with purchased terrain. Fix here has made an awesome Haqq board, you can also check the Data Sphere forum, it's very terrain-oriented.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 18, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
That's old news. No one expects a Super-Jumping HMG in a Shasvastii link. Or a Holo1 "Charontid" minelayer "LT" (actually the 65 extra points go towards a Sphinx). Or... you know the drill.

And the Muyib/Hafza Spec Op base is bullshit. I want a Caliban Spec Op so I can take it deployed :argh:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 19, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Because it's on a Vector Op then :v: what's wrong with Khawarij?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's easy to forget that when you have a whole 1 doctor, which is also an engineer :v:
You might still need them for the extra objectives.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fix posted:

I was running three doctors because I wanted the most dangerous force in the universe.
PanOceania? :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
How many Morlocks?

VVV: Well, that's your problem right there :colbert:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 20, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
There is no meta. Or rather local metas vary wildly. In my neighborhood there's a shitload of Ariadna/Haqq players, with some Corregidor lemmings emerging and a tiny bit of everything else.

As for sectorials, I'd say ISS and Hassassins are the least popular.

VVV: The gently caress? Everyone and their mother plays QK. It's like 95% of Haqq players.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 20, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Does anyone use/face linked Suryats? I never used them before Paradiso, and when they got cheaper/weaker I find them kinda... meh. They do have fun options though, is Raktorak/combi+LFT/HRL/Vulkan really worth taking an otherwise unremarkable HI link, or am I missing something important?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Why not take a Hafza LT if you're concerned about visible commander?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Also:
Agent Pheasant Rank
Seed-Soldier
Morat Vanguard
multi rifles

And as much as it hurts to say it, Pretas are undercosted. Give the mines to Gakis and we'll have something resembling balance. (and bring back the loving biomines :argh:)

VVV: OTOH, you get awesome spec-ops. Why a Muyib? I'd love a Caliban one instead of the lovely seed version :rant:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 23, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Then explain how to use them correctly so they're that good or :fuckoff:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ineptmule posted:

5 Djanbazan: LT, Doc, HMG, Sniper, Rifle + 2 Nasmat remotes
You do remember that that if that doctor activates a Nasmat, he's out of the link?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
DA ammo.

ed: Oh, you were talking about non-multi snipers. Lower cost I guess? :shrug:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Wales Grey posted:

Quick ARO question: let's say a guy walks around the corner and shoots a HMG at a sniper. Would the sniper winning the F2F for the first shot "negate" the rest of the burst?
What do you mean first shot? Everything happens at the same time.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The Devil Team builder is becoming decent again, they put someone to work and holy poo poo the world is ending 2 updates in 2 days :derp: so, the basic issues like profiles are fixed now and they're working on the actual bugs.

VVV: :what:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 24, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

E: I'm fleshing out the factions section and hope to get my CA section posted before I head to the nerdstore to play some games, what do you all think of the way the PanO section is done? I'm planning to do that for every faction.
I'm all for it but copy/paste it for each faction and check if you don't exceed the text limit per post. I can do the detailed writeups on CA/Yu Jing if you need them.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So just make one for 1-2 factions more so I can know how much to write :cthulhu: actually, I might compile my Shasvastii posts from the last threads and the textwalls from the official forum and make a CA uberpost.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What, no BS Hsien?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Multiple Hsiens, Maghariba? What kind of meta have you got there buddy?

Also:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

E: Jokes on me though, I just ordered a bunch of MAS bases for my Corregidor and didn't order a medium base.

Guess what size that pilot is on!
Where the hell do you have medium bases in Infinity? There's only small, large and Maghariba. Too much WMH? :P

Flipswitch posted:

It's a cock pit bro.
They saw ZIV's dongbot proxies and thought they could do bigger better.

bhsman posted:

That pose is so good. "You. Yes, you. I'm gonna rocket punch you so hard your cube'll feel it." :clint:
Now I'm adding rocket boosters to my Raicho fists.

Also, Important News:

Bostria the Infinity dev posted:

Both ammo belts come with the correct shape and torsion needed for assembling. Those pieces are casted that way. Like the Rui Shi and Lu Duan Remotes from Yu Jing.
No more bending ammo belts! :toot:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sardine Wit posted:

So I just picked up the Asuka Kisaragi & Aragoto box and does anyone know of any guide on how to assemble them?

The basic riders are easy but there are foot pedals and junk that I can't quite work out where they're meant to go. Is there some kind of guide somewhere, or could someone help a goon out with a photo?

An Aragoto should consist of: basic motorcycle body and rider (obvious), handlebars (where handlebars go, symmetrical to how you glue the one with rider arm - they seem to slide), right foot rest (larger - there's a groove on the back of the lower motorcycle body where it's supposed to go), left footrest (small - there's a hole for it on the other side where the right pin is). Use the gallery photos for reference, if you have problems getting a good shot Giraldez has 360o pics on his blog.

ed: here you go

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 25, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Can someone clarify how Coma works exactly? The PDF makes reference to the sepsitor, but a daturazi isn't equipped with one, so what does it do?

If you take a Daturazi in a vanilla list with a Sepsitor-equipped unit, after taking out his first enemy the Daturazi has an option to activate Coma; this will kill him, but until the end of this turn you can use Sepsitor as if that particular dead Daturazi was a repeater, i.e. also on any target within 8" of the Coma, regardless of where the Sepsitor actually is on the table.

VVV: If you mean the uberpost then yeah, actually wrote a part last night. The CA one should be ready within a week or two. And the Cube doesn't do anything on its own, it's there to get sepsitorized or disabled by EMP, unless you're playing a campaign.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 26, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Where's the book?

(last time we had 4 releases was when Campaign: Paradiso came out)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
If anyone's wondering about CB's previous release schedule, I made a thing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
You get a normal ARO with the active proxy, the jump ARO is just one of the options available.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

My Haqqislam friend seemed to struggle a bit. What is a good heavy lifter for them?
HFT Nafatuns, HMG Djanbazan, Asawira, Lasiq, all depending what you want to run.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

Try this. I can't stand using Army 4 anymore - it's so cumbersome.
...says he, and then links to the Aleph Toolbox :psypop:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

It's different in interface, but it doesn't take an hour to load.
I use DTAB in offline mode anyway :shrug:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

This is a cool list, I like the fact you have two link team giving you options if one bites the bullet. I'd be tempted to try to keep the Magisters back until the Caskuda drops, you'll need that ML. Good luck!
I like the fact that there's no MSV2 in that list.

"Haha gently caress you, there was no Caskuda, fooled ya!

...It's a Sphinx :haw:"

(Also, I'll need that CA list later)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Yu Jing mostly :v:

As for CA, let's see it's been a while. Most likely a vanilla list at 150 pts because the cheap CA links are a bit meh...

COMBINED ARMY
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 8 1 3

SKIÁVORO Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (56)
VECTOR HMG / Pistol, Shock CCW. (1.5 | 35)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Shock CCW. (14)
IKADRON (Bagagge, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
IKADRON (Bagagge, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (9)
ÍMETRON Electric Pulse. (4)
ÍMETRON Electric Pulse. (4)
PRETA Chain Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / CCW. (5)

1.5 SWC | 150 Points

Open with Army 4

aka yes I lack basic troops but it's still 150 points. Pretty fragile, but still.

The Morat 200 pt starter:

MORAT AGGRESSION FORCE
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 7 0 2

YAOGAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (31)
YAOGAT Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 31)
YAOGAT Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 31)
YAOGAT MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
YAOGAT Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 35)

4 SWC | 198 Points

Open with Army 4

Self-explanatory. One-trick gimmick but a full Yaogat team is still terrifying no matter how you look at it.

These three are my demo lists so were constructed to avoid the more powerful combos, might use some improvement but still:

DEMO CA 150

Skiavoro (no sepsitor) - LT
2x Seed combi+LGL
Morat HMG
Aswang shotgun
Daturazi chain

eNozM1RVNTQ1UDVWNTRUM1UzrDFWM4KThmDSDEwamauZqBmqlpkAAAUZCrc=

DEMO MORAT 150

2x Yaogat combi/PF - 1 is LT
Morat HMG
Zerat sniper
2x Daturazi chain

eNozM1JVNTQ1UDVWNVYzUzOsMVYzApKGYNJCzQRIWiJI1TITAPKrCmY=

DEMO SHASVASTII 150

Aswang combi - LT
Seed combi
Seed combi+LGL
Gwailo multi
Shrouded combi minelayer
Shrouded sniper

eNozM1ZVNTSxVDVWNVEzUTOsMVQzBJNGQNIMzDZXMweTxmqGqmUmAPM9CmQ=

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
MSV2 works against TO Camo, what are you talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
WHat the gently caress do you mean Crane Rank? Weren't the Bao linked? :psypop:

• Locked thread