Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
REMs also have the advantage of being really really cute :3:

I love my GML with 2 FO auxilia/auxbots. Nothing is safe :cool: Then I can get a peacemaker and a guarda de assaulto and have maximum auxbot action.

I just really love auxbots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

I'm thinking of starting a second faction and I really love the look oh Aleph, but not their stupid loving fake greeks. I really like the tacbots and weird hosed up metahumans but from what I can see everyone just uses the greek sectorial? Are the tacbots and asuras and sit just terrible?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

ineptmule posted:

No, they are all really good (Tacbots maybe not that good) but the reason people play the Greeks is because they are the only Sectorial for Aleph so far and Sectorials are really really good.

Link teams are an immensely powerful feature of the rules and I find (personal experience only!) that not using one essentially gimps you.

But I am a pretty bad player.

Ah, that's sad. I just want cool robo dudes.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

ineptmule posted:

Tacbots aren't awful by any means. They are fast, and hard to shoot at with normal weapons. They are also fairly cheap (for Aleph).

Garudas are good as well. At least one person here has mentioned using an HMG Garuda a lot and getting good results.

13 points for a cc 8 phys 8 bs 11 line troop just feels wrong, but I guess I didn't factor in the 6-4 mov or any bonuses they get as remotes. No guts rolls or something?

I love the geruda models a ton so I was thinking of picking up the starter, a geruda pack, a dasyu and a sophotech and running something like this:

Aleph | 9 models

Asura Lieutenant (73|0)
Naga Hacker (37|0.5)
Dakini Tacbot Combi (13|0)
Dakini Tacbot Combi (13|0)
Dakini Tacbot Light GL (18|1)
Deva Spitfire+MSV (34|1)
Dasyu Sniper (48|1.5)
Garuda Tacbot HMG (31|1.5)
Sophotects (31|0)

298/300 points | 5.5/6 swc
open with Aleph Toolbox : http://goo.gl/dVW7Fs

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Almost all of the PanOceanian women are strong and respectable. The Kamau, Nisses and fusilers especially, they don't even have battle heels. Only one Acontecimento Regular has a bare midriff and I can almost forgive that since by fluff they 1) have less armour than normal line troops and 2) are jungle veterans. The boarding shotgun ORC is also rad and one of my favourite models.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

I'm pretty sure you can just choose whether to explode as a blast or tear drop and its direction at the time of explosion.

Really smart mines.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Flipswitch posted:

The mines and shotguns in Infinity are great as they are quite intelligent weapons with how they work, I love the system for it and it defiantly helps with the hi-tech feel of the game.

Goons, I've reworked the Pano/YJ/Nomads sections of the OP to make them a bit easier to read on newcomers so they're not snowballed under the dense fluff of the game. Does it look better in that order and does anyone have any advice on making it easier to read? I'm hoping this OP can be the best it possibly can.

I've never really used shotguns much, much preferring light flamethrowers or grenade launchers as secondary weapons for the most part, I even ignore boarding shotguns most of the time. I'm pretty ignorant, what are the pros of a shotgun?

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 25, 2013

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Yeah, I guess I've always been scared of the -3 at 16-24, considering how hot of a range band that is. BS isn't really a problem as I run PanO, I'll definitely field a boarding shotgun orc next time I play, a bs 14 2 wound model at the piss cheap price of 32 pts is starting to sound pretty good.

Edit: interesting that a flechet round wouldn't be considered shock though, especially considering SMGs load it.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Can anyone help me understand the rules to G: jumper lvl 1? I read the wiki explanation and know generally how to swap between proxies but I'm kinda failing to see the benefit of paying for them?

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

So am I right that you get... a basic ARO from each proxy in lof of the triggering action and an ARO from the active proxy to swap to any other proxy, even if they're not in lof? Can you do anything else with the active proxy's ARO? The rules also say you can change active proxy even to an unconscious proxy, even though you can't do anything? Just to protect yourself I guess?

This might be the most convoluted rule I've ever seen.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Two nisses every loving game. Aquila too if I'm feeling saucy.

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Flipswitch posted:

I had a Moderator get into melee with Achillies today.

It survived four orders. :stare:

Then she exploded, I guess parrying with a lollipop wasn't a great idea.

I had a sierra dronbot make four armour saves against some uberfallkommandos, that drone went on to murder three times his points... MVP :panoc:

gobbledygoat fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about

Yeah I wish every model was a buff white spacedude too.

• Locked thread