Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
A couple friends introduced me to this game yesterday as an alternative to 40k - they have both pretty much moved into Infinity exclusively at this point, so I'm looking at picking up some models and joining them.

I read the descriptions of the different factions in the OP and on the website, but its never broken down exactly what each faction does better/worse relative to the others. Is it possible to make a list to fit any playstyle out of each faction? I haven't actually played yet, so I'm looking for a starting list that will let me get into the game and learn the rules while still being somewhat competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
That sounds very welcome following a GW's method of game balance. I am leaning towards Haqqislam now, although Yujing also has a fair number of models that I am interested in. They look so good after painting space marines for years.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

Adam Kensai posted:

I did not. I will say that the rules are scratching an itch for me so far on my lunch break though. I like reactions, I like cover that matters and busy battlefields.

This is exactly what is drawing me into this game vs. starting another 40k army. That and the lack of 11" tall models that gain cover based on having a toe touching a hill.

I will say, having not played the game yet the different rolls seem fairly difficult to understand at first glance - it may be the shift from d6 to d20, perhaps.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

Corbeau posted:

First, that table looks incredible, and it looks like it would be sweet to play on.

Second, do you mind posting a couple of useful all-around Haqq models that I can pick up while I keep reading into things? My next opportunity to get a trial game in wont come for a couple of weeks, but I'm sufficiently intruiged that I don't mind getting a couple models even in the event it doesn't capture my interest long-term.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

Adam Kensai posted:

Thanks for this. The models look great (except the Odalisque, which had a cringe-worthy bit of lore text to boot), and I love the theme!

Have any of the Infinity players here seen the Deadzone mini game's Kickstarter? If so, do you think that the Deadzone terrain would do decent double duty as Infinity terrain?

This is the terrain they are shipping with the Deadzone kickstarter, in case anyone missed it:

Some prototype terrain on the table:

• Locked thread