Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Very interesting list, although I'm not sure if it works right.

What's the lowdown on Nomads? I like the models, but how do they play? Is there a compelling reason why they're a better "infowar" side than Haqqislam? (Basing this observation on Haqq having access to wip 14 as a "baseline" stat for their army.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
How does combat camouflage interact with hacking, anti-hacker attacks specifically, if at all?

i.e. If I have a Hacker Zero as a camo marker, and he attempts to use anti-hacker protocols on some other hacker (who doesn't have any levels of MSV), is the roll FTF or uncontested?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Sep 9, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

ineptmule posted:

I think I'm missing something - why are Sniper Rifles better than HMGs in ARO?

Better? Debatable, given that the biggest difference between the two in ARO is their range bands. It breaks down like this:

code:
Range: Advantage (modifiers)

0-8": Even (+0)
8-12": HMG (+3 vs. +0)
12-32": Even (+3)
32-36": Sniper (+3 vs. -3)
36-48": Even (-3)
48-52": Sniper (-3 vs. -6)
52-96": Even (-6)
96-104": Sniper (-6 vs. N/A)
So there's a band where the HMG has an advantage over the sniper (8-12"), and a range band where the sniper dominates the HMG (32-36"). The actual impact of the larger range bands on the sniper is heavily dependent on table layout and positioning, obviously.

I think a better way to describe the sniper/HMG comparison in ARO is to say that the sniper is more efficient in terms of points. Ignoring non-standard snipers/HMGs along with total reaction/neurocinetics, the sniper is cheaper for the Dam15/B1 shot it gives you. Some Haqq comparisions to illustrate:
code:
Model Weapon: Points/SWC

Ghulam HMG: 21/1
Ghulam Sniper: 18/.5

Djanbazan HMG: 36/1.5
Djanbazan Sniper: 33/1

Ragik HMG: 38/1.5
Ragik Sniper: 35/1
A sniper rifle is worth three points and half a SWC less than a HMG. That said, the HMG is a far scarier offensive tool with its B4, and the two weapons occupy different roles.

edit:
Quick ARO question: let's say a guy walks around the corner and shoots a HMG at a sniper. Would the sniper winning the F2F for the first shot "negate" the rest of the burst?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 23, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

All shots/effects are resolved simultaniously. So you'd be rolling B4 (Active/HMG) vs the B1 (ARO/Sniper). If the Sniper was to roll a 5 and the HMG a 1, 2, 3 & 4 on the other hand. Sure.

So a success cancels out all successes that are lower than it? Or does it "win" the F2F, and thus its order takes precedence?

edit: This seems to explain everything well enough.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 23, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

E2: Had the Fusilier rolled a direct 12 instead of the 19. It would have been considered a Critical, causing the Alguacil to take an immediate Wound. In addition, the Alguacil would still have to have taken an ARM roll for the roll of an 8, as that is still successful over the Alguacils roll of a 7.

What about the 1? It's still a success, does the Alguacil's roll of 7 negate that even though it lost the F2F?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Do proxies count as "models" for the purposes of order generation?

edit: VVV Thanks. What about "models" for the purposes of combat groups? VVV

double edit: found it

quote:

A Ghost: Jumper only provides 1 Order to the Order Reserve of his army, no matter how many Proxies he has.

All Proxies must belong to the same Combat Group, counting each one as a standard figure towards the size of the group.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Oct 4, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
How's this sound? I'm looking at putting together an order for this game with some local friends.

quote:

NOMADS
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 1 0

INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 37)
INTRUDER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Marker / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 38)
PROWLER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (0.5 | 32)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT (Number 2) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (20)
STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (22)
TOMCAT Engineer Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (22)
TOMCAT Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WARCOR Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (3)

2 SWC | 248 Points

Open with Army 4

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Sorry buddy, I remember you posting in the thread a bit but forgotten on what, is this to learn the game with or as a general 300pt Nomad list?

Yes to the latter, as I was planning on getting both the Corrgidor and "normal" starter boxes and jamming them together to make the list below and then picking up the rest of the parts for that piecemeal.

quote:

NOMADS
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 8 0 0

INTRUDER (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (36)
WILDCAT Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (19)
WILDCAT Boarding Shotgun, Flash Grenades, Deployable Repeater / Pistol, Knife. (19)
ZERO Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (18)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
ALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (14)
SECURITATE Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (23)

0 SWC | 149 Points

Open with Army 4

I wish the Alguaciles had better sculpts.

edit: I guess what I'm asking about the 250-pointer is how effective a "lockdown" style list would be.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Oct 11, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

ineptmule posted:

Who is she supposed to be?

Rob Liefield's contribution to Miniature Wargaming.

Wait, she has functional and not-deformed feet. Can't be from Liefield. And she has combat heels? What the hell, Corvus Belli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Pierzak posted:

Fixed. And Imetrons do not require anything but are poo poo.

They're four point dedicated cheerleaders, they ought be nice for the CA because of the huge point costs!

AI Beacon posted:

An AI Beacon must always be deployed with AD: Combat Jump

Oh. At least they deploy in the deployment phase, rather than in your first turn like normal combat jumpers.

edit:

Dr. Clockwork posted:

the Ikadron and Imetron, which require an expensive EI construct to be the boss

Actually, the Ikadron can be brought if you have G:Mnemonica or a hacker or a TAG. [citation]

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 24, 2013

• Locked thread