Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cassa posted:

Deploy second with 6x inferior infiltrating grunts is an option.

FORWARD UNTO THEIR DEPLOYMENT
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

9 1 1
MARAUDER Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
MARAUDER Lieutenant Rifle, Heavy Flamethrower / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)

3 SWC | 150 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Leaving aside the dickishness issue, I think it's actually better to use 4 of the hft grunts and put the spare swc into a full link, either 2 snipers or an hmg. Gives you far more options as some models may be good for counter deploying to grunts (cheap high ph and cc warbands) so just in great elevated positions which can't be reached

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, Recon has the following list building requirements:

150 points
No named characters over 35 points
max 1 Impetuous (not counting Frenzy)
1 multi-wound model for every three other models
"Only a single Fireteam (Core or Haris or Duo or Triad or Enomotarchos) may be included in the list. It may contain a maximum of 3 members and may not be reformed to more than 3."
1 combat group

Missions are Annihilation, Exfiltrate, Frontline, Seize the Antennas, Smash and Grab, Sweep and Clear.
Map is 24" by 36"

Looking at it again maybe I can't bring two fireteams and just have one running at a time. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

edit: The meetup either does Recon, introductory games, or full 300 points games.

I'm not sure, but I think the special Brigada/Massacre/Daktari link requires a full five models, ie it actually is '3 MB + 1 Senor + 1 Daktari'. I know it seems weird, but the rules really are that specific for a lot of special fireteams.

If this Recon format (which I've never played) is aimed at learners or more simple games, I think trying to gain a second back up fireteam might be a bit of an error - even if it's allowed it might leave a bad taste with some of your opponents. Better to take the list building rules in the spirit they're meant and just take a conventional list.

For a small game with those restrictions, I'd advise taking a single 3 man link with a high burst weapon - your main attacking piece. Add a sniper or TR bot if you have enough SWC. That's your overwatch. Throw in a doctor and 1-2 models which either infiltrate or aerial deploy. Then fill the rest with cheerleaders. Gives you a powerful straightforward option, something to pin your opponent down or catch out his shorter-ranged stuff, and the ability to reach forward to his DZ.

• Locked thread