Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
I've just got back from playing my first ever games of Infinity - a few demo games using the Quickstart rules in the thin paperback book. Since I only had one Garuda I had the following lists (based on the Quickstart ALEPH ones):

quote:

2x Dakini, Combi Rifle
Deva Lieutenant, Spitfire
Naga, Sniper Rifle

A few things came up as we played that I'd like clarification on:

1) Is this the correct way to resolve shooting:

- Attacker declares target.
- Rolls 1d20 per shot his weapon fires, trying to get as close to his BS (after modifiers for weapon/range/cover) as possible.
- Defender rolls 1d20 per incoming shot, trying to beat the attacker's rolls while remaining below his BS.
- Each "hit" (Attacker wins roll) results in one armour save.

2) Is a critical hit when you roll exactly your BS, and what happens if your BS is reduced to 1? Is every hit a critical? I had a situation where one of my Dakinis needed a natural 1 to hit an opponent's model, I successfully rolled it (meaning I figured I got a critical) and my opponent could only not take a wound by rolling exactly his BS, since a critical is only beaten by a higher critical.

3) Can multiple models ARO simultaneously, if they can all see the target?

From there I've got a couple of other questions about the "full" profiles of my units (as opposed to the quickstart ones).

1) All Dakinis seem to have Mimetism - does this stack with cover so they're at -6 to be hit in cover, -3 in the open? Is this different to Camouflage?
2) Remote Presence suggests they count as Remotes and thus need a hacker - if my opponent kills my hacker, what happens to my robots?

I really enjoyed the game - I played 3 times and won twice after realising how unpleasant AROs from snipers in tall buildings could be, the last time with a heroic charge from my Lt dodging Combi-Rifle fire to spray bullets at a Dakini hiding in a bell-tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

@1: Yes, but if defender wins the roll the attacker gets shot.

@2: Correct, there's no "auto hit on 1, miss on natural 20" thing in Infinity, it's all in your stats.

@3: Yes, and it's very useful.

@Dakini: Yes, Mimetism/Camo/TO stacks with cover. Mimetism is different from full camo in that it only gives you the -3 to be hit, not the other properties of camo (like being a marker or first strikes)

@REM: Yes, Dakinis need a hacker in the army. Killing the last hacker doesn't do anything to the remotes, he's just needed to run the pre-battle startup sequence or something.

Cheers for answering - the one thing I was doing wrong was AROs (very, very wrong in fact).

I'd somehow got it in my head that AROs required an Order from your pool to use and so you had to voluntarily use them, and so if the defender didn't shoot back then they just rolled in the face-to-face to not get hit.

Am I to understand every eligible model (within 8" or with line of sight) gets to make an ARO against each model that activates and meets the condition to be attacked?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

Every eligible model gets a free ARO in every order. So yes, every time you spend an order on that big robot without having total cover (and it's harder to hide the drat thing than it sounds), everything in sight will shoot at him/dive for cover.

The "condition" of the attacker (camo marker etc.) may limit the range of AROs available, but not the possibility of AROing.

Cheers for clearing that up; with only 4 figures a side it didn't come up too often but the thought of snipers firing even more shots than they did is making me rethink my future strategies. I'm looking forward to trying a game with the full rules now.

Edit: One further question that the rules don't seem amazingly clear on. If the attacker shoots multiple shots at the same defender, does the defender get a reaction shot against each one? For example the Combi-Rifle is Burst 3 - if I assign all 3 shots to one guy, and he beats my roll each time, do I get shot 3 times or just once?

Bob Smith fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 3, 2013

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Weissritter posted:

Weapon burst in ARO is reduced to 1. So he gets 1 roll to your 3, if he wins the face to face, you should only need to roll armor save once.

Thanks. I think give it a couple more games and I'll be in a much better position at understanding the rules.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sardine Wit posted:

I'm a new player but I think you're making a mistake the other responses haven't picked up on.

Defender doesn't roll 1d20 per incoming shot. They choose their reaction and depending on their reaction usually only roll a single D20. The attacker's advantage is choosing advantageous matchups but also the fact they are rolling more dice than the defender.

If the defender chooses to shoot they roll 1D20 and go FtF with all the attacker's dice BS to BS.
If the defender chooses to dodge they roll 1D20 and go FtF with all the attacker's dice Ph to BS.

In each scenario the defender compares their single with die with all the enemies dice simultaneously.

I see now; now I know the defender's face-to-face roll has one dice to beat all the attacker's To Hits and still be below their BS it changes quite a bit.

Thanks everyone for clearing this up, I'm now very stoked to play more of this.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
I'm still pretty new at this but looking at the collection of models I own I've put together this 300 point list. I can't think of a way of getting it closer to 300 without going over SWC or having to start another group - the only possible option seems to be upgrading the Dakinis to medic-bots so I then have 3 medics. Is 3 medics too many or will I be healing the poo poo out of my dudes left right and centre?

quote:

ALEPH
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 1

PROXY Mk.3 Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 30)
PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (32)
DEVA Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 35)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (13)
GARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
PENTHESILEA Combi Rifle, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Monofilament CCW. (46)
MYRMIDON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 32)

6 SWC | 295 Points

Open with Army 4

One other thing - is it likely there will be more Ekdromoi/Thorakitai models put out? The former is only available with a rifle and no other options, while the only way to get the latter is in the Steel Phalanx box.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

@Kosmonaut: Yes. Or a dremel.

Ekdromoi almost certain (the date is another thing), Thorakitai very possibly, as they are missing the SMG/spitfire options. But get used to the "I can only buy this in a box" feeling :(

Also, 3 paramedics are useless when you have a good Doctor like the Sofo, get another yudbot instead.

VVV: Devabox and Rebots.

Adding another Yudbot would take me over 10 models in that list, wouldn't it?

I know when I tried adding a Netrod it said I needed to create another group.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Pierzak posted:

It's 10 orders, not 10 models. A Netrod gives an order, a Yudbot is attached to someone else.

That's useful to know, thanks!

I think my next purchases will be another Yudbot and either the Steel Phalanx box or the Deva box.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Played some more intro games tonight with the basic demo stats from the quickstart leaflet; teams comprising "Dakinis" proxied by generic bodysuit models with rifles (anything from Asuras to Posthumans), "Garudas" proxied by Dakinis and Proxy Mk2/3s and Myrmidons to represent Devas and Nagas.

So far I've managed to convince three people at my club to give Infinity the time of day - I hope it becomes even more popular!

I've also finally got the hang of AROs, but for the life of me I couldn't roll a dice tonight. The number of natural 20s I rolled for AROs leading to my Lts getting drilled by combi-rifle shots hitting on 5s or 6s was depressing.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
I played two games today and learnt a hell of a lot.

One of those things is that Penthesilea is an absolute murder machine. In one game she killed two Tiger Soldiers, a Zhanshi, a Celestial Guard and a Dao Fen(?) - some kind of big cheese Yu Jing HI. Mostly because bike movement and being impetuous make it very easy to take the long route round, avoiding AROs and then double-tapping with a Contender. I didn't even get to try her CC18 Monofilament CCW with i-Kohl 2, but I can imagine that's pretty tasty too.

That was after paradropping Tiger soldiers survived around 12 AROs each over two turns to calmly walk along a ledge and nail my Myrmidon Lt.

The first game was a good lesson in how getting cocky can turn the game about quickly; I had a strong position set up with an airdropped Garuda threatening a lot of stuff, but a mad Teutonic Knight ran up and shot a panzerfaust into its face. Then everything fell apart as one Order Sergeant killed a Myrmidon and all my Dakinis.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
I had a game tonight against a Haqq player who fielded (I think, might be wrong here):

quote:

Ghulam Sniper
Ghulam Medic
Ghulam with Rifle
Tuareg Sniper
Janissary with HMG
Janissary Lt with AP Rifle
Khawarij with AP CCW

They were good close games. ARM 4 Janissaries with 2 wounds in cover are dead hard to shift - in the end I relied on forcing them into the open by leaving them no targets and placing mono-mines in their line of advance. 2W ARM4 means nothing then.

However, my opponent questioned the value of the Khawarij. Super-jump and Religious Troop seem nice but a lack of camo, armour or wounds meant he had a tendency to die to AROs. How do you use these guys? They don't seem choppy enough at CC15 PH13 to really be melee masters and they don't have any better gun than a Ghulam.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
One more question from my game tonight; both my opponent and I looked in the rulebook but couldn't find the answer.

If you lay a mine using the teardrop template, when do you announce which direction it's pointing? When it detonates (meaning its direction isn't fixed until then)? When it's placed (and is this secret knowledge)? When it's revealed?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
That's reassuring, we did it right then.

The highlight of that game for me being a Janissary trying to shoot my guys, failing a guts roll caused by the ARO, and falling back straight into a monofilament mine that blew up in his face. :getin:

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
I don't know if anyone else has tried this but while dry-fitting the bits for my Devabots (not looking at the picture, stupidly), I kept trying to fit the torso on upside-down (so the fuel tank and pelvis became an ostrich head and spine, while the actual head became a bulkier pelvis). It means the arms are mounted a bit lower on the body but I think it looks quite good.

Would a conversion like that be OK in game terms or would it cause any major LOS/modelling for advantage issues?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Had a distinctly unfortunate game tonight; my opponent brought his shiny newly painted Djanbazan Lt ready to even the odds against my TO Camo and ODDs, turn 1 order 1 brings it up to shoot my Proxy sniper and proceeds to roll 19, 19, 20 to hit. The sniper takes an ARO to fire back and promptly crits the Djanbazan with a DA shot, who then failed his other save and went from "alive" to "dead" without achieving anything.

Command passed in the Haqqislam force to a Janissary, who decided to try and avenge his former commander by opening up with a HMG at the now-revealed Proxy.

He rolled 4 misses, and took a Double-Action round to the face to fall unconscious. When the same thing happened to a Ghulam shortly afterwards, we agreed perhaps this game was a non-starter.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Remember that a TO proxy drops out of camo when it becomes the active proxy, so unless he decloaked, recloaked and then shot your guy, he could not have pulled that off. Your bad luck was mostly to blame, but that doesn't mean your opponent gets to do stuff that is not allowed.

A few games ago my friend's HMG Hellcat spent 5 orders over 2 game turns trying to shoot down a Netrod in my backfield, unopposed. It was ridiculous. Either he'd miss all shots, or I'd make all the ludicrously high saves. Wish we were filming it for a batrep.

I might not have been clear; I had the proxy, and as far as I recall the sequence of events was:

1) Djanbazan uses MSV to shoot Proxy, ignoring TO Camo. Proxy declares ARO of shoot, revealing its position.
2) Djanbazan misses every shot, Proxy scores a crit using DA ammo, Djanbazan fails ARM roll (taking two wounds and dying)
3) As a result of Loss of Lt, Haqqislam player declares Janissary as new Lt
4) Janissary activates, tries to shoot revealed Proxy, misses. Proxy declares ARO of shoot and kills Janissary.

If we did stuff wrong there let me know - I think I've got G: Jumper right (my active proxy was the Sniper at the time, and she was camouflaged). I began the game as reactive player - do I not start with one Active?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Signal posted:

Just to make sure: You never have to announce who your new lieutenant is. Additionally, MSV2 does not let you fire at T/O Markers. What it does do, is after the model is revealed, ignore the -6 to BS to hit them. I believe it also negates the -6 penalty on your Discover rolls to turn the token into a model.

Every time I play this game I think I've got the measure of it and then realise I don't. I suppose the reassuring thing is I'm leaning alongside a bunch of other players so we all go home, check rules and compare corrections.

Another one I managed to overlook in a past game was "remotes don't fall prone when incapacitated."

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Signal posted:

Now that one I didn't know.

It's split over two wiki pages:

quote:

An unconscious character is assumed to be lying down on the ground, except those unable to be Prone due to issues such as terrain, and can be indicated on the table with a PRONE Marker or by lying the figure down.

But at the same time:

quote:

T.A.G.s, Remotes, Vehicles, and Motorcycles cannot use the Prone position.

It meant a very odd situation that occurred where my opponent managed to shoot a Dakini and incapacitate it three times, then owing to it being in cover apparently not being able to finish the job because it would fall over behind a wall where a Yudbot was waiting to revive it. Had it still been standing up inactive, it would have been possible to shoot it again and probably finish it off.

In the end he sent a ridiculous amount of heavy firepower after the Yudbot of all things.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

ineptmule posted:

I'm learning to use the proxies so I'm going to try and figure this out too.

Is it not the case that to 'reveal her position' the proxy is implied to be in hidden deployment?

If she is in hidden deployment she cannot be the active proxy; if she is or has ever been the active proxy she drops out of T/O camo (I'm not clear if she becomes a T/O marker or just a plain model but whatevs) and cannot return to being invisible - aside from anything else I don't see the point of re-entering hidden deployment once revealed even if you can.

There's where I've been getting it wrong. I was thinking you could start the game as a camo marker while still being an active proxy. Time to re-read the rules on camo markers.

That clears a hell of a lot of things up.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Yeah, the fluff in the books is pretty good to be fair to it. It isn't what a lot of people expect as it's mostly politically driven and quite dense.

Also jesus gently caress my Corregidor box is flash-tastic and missing limbs all over the loving place. I think this is the worst box I've ever had from CB. My Hellcat has three assault rifle arms but no knife. My Alguacil has that thin sort of foil-flash all over her body and it's just a bit. :psyduck:

Clearly the dude with multiple rifles should be converted to be dual-wielding assault rifles, if at all possible. :getin:

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Oh man I wish I had those type of skills in converting.

Converting metal models is sometimes easy and often very difficult.

On the other hand Heavy Gear models (1/144 giant robots) come with absolutely loads of "Autocannons" and "Bazookas" that work out about the same size as 28mm wielded weapons, but in all sorts of cool designs like not-AKs, boxy AUG-type guns and so on. I clipped a combi-rifle off one of my Devas and replaced it with one of them which ended up slightly bigger than a combi-rifle and looking completely different, so I figure I could use it as a counts-as Spitfire.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Does anyone have any tips for using Devabots well? I fielded some today in a couple of games and found to use them I had to run my Devas (which unlike most Aleph don't have any stealth at all) really close to the enemy (8" ZOC for the Devabot, and a HFT really needs to get closer than I'd like). ARM2 doesn't really cut it for a Lt, even with NWI (because my opponents learned to ignore the remotes and get around to shoot the operators).

Are they better as a counterpunch unit rather than an aggressive one? My best success was a boarding shotgun Myrmidon laying smoke for the Deva and Devabot to advance, then they managed to kill an Order Sergeant and a Magister Knight.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Thanks everyone for the advice; I did find the flamethrower was great when it worked.

I still need to learn to play more defensively, especially against pain in the rear end armies like Military Orders which have lots of nice armour and BS.

On the other hand, I discovered the joys of an Aleph mirror match today; a kind of ludicrous slapfight as everyone has mimetism, camo or ODD but not enough MSV to do anything about it.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Any advice for using a TAG well? I've just ordered a Marut and some Rebots to add to my Aleph army and am trying to work out the best way to use them. Not needing a hacker lets me take lots of Dakini/Garuda cheerleaders for it, and I'm presuming a Sophotect and Yudbot to keep it ticking would be a good investment.

Do you get the bits in the Rebot box to build two HMG/Full Reaction bots or do you have to build one with a missile pod? I presume it's quite possible to convert if so.

Currently I'm looking at this for my TAG list:

quote:

ALEPH

GROUP 1 10 0 0

MARUT Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower, Nanopulser / AP CCW. (3 | 122)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
NAGA Combi Rifle, Monofilament Mines / Pistol, Knife. (32)
ZAYIN Rebot HMG, Monofilament Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 34)
DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 22)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 4

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Man that list is a sad panda for losing Lt. Not as bad as some Nomad lists I've seen though. For TAGs, don't be reliant on TAG shocking people, it can go awry quickly, and when it does you tend to go down the shitter very fast. Keep your TAG supported at all times.

Also gently caress assembling that many Tacbots. Speaking of assembly, it occured to me yesterday out of all the Nomads I have left to build are the loving two-arms-conencted-at-wrist fuckers. This is going to be miserable.

All the tacbots are built and painted. Including one converted HMG one using bits of an Eldar starcannon to make a kind of slightly phallic chaingun, which took a hell of a lot of swearing to build without superglue accelerator.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sephyr posted:

It lives!

A bit of work on the base and a few washes here and there on the sword and mechanical bits and it'll be done. Sadly the sword came bent and broke easily; pinning it back in place was a pain and it still feels a bit fragile.

Can't wait to field it in my Penthesilea list.

That looks cool. I can't wait for mine to arrive now!

Just back from a few interesting games - a highlight was a 300-pointer versus Nomads, where the scenario was for the attacker (Aleph in this case) to break into a no-fire zone (all remotes, camo, visors and guns did not work in this zone) and deal with some scientists while the defenders had to reach them first and extract them.

I ended up winning with a dying Naga using his Dogged actions to lay a pile of monofilament mines at the door to the science lab, then an Asura running in to punch one of the scientists. This caused a kind of chain of dodges as the Asura would take a swing, the scientist would dodge and move away. Eventually one of these dodges caused the mines to detonate and leave nothing but mincemeat in the lab while the Asura was safely out of template range.

My Aleph army takes a certain delight in overkill in assassination missions; civilian victims have variously died to HMGs, double-action sniper rounds and now two mono-mines exploding at once.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Edit: I'm an idiot, re-reading the rulebook we both managed to miss the bit that said Forward Observe "Cannot Be Used In ARO"

Bob Smith fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 3, 2013

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Fix posted:

I rather would like an explanation as to why they're putting dragons in my sci fi.

I think the flavour behind it, for what it's worth, is it's either some kind of native alien wildlife she domesticated, or a crazy Nomad genetically engineered thing.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Genghis Cohen posted:

Pretty much my thoughts. I wish that the 'long haired cute girl' they make every other sculpt wasn't so difficult to convert to something else. Things like the wildcat or ninja models have a stupid ponytail which is extremely easy to cut off, thus forming a halfway sensible looking model.

I left the ponytail off my Dasyu, because I knew it was going to keep falling off.

It's now decorating the base of one of my Zayins, modelled to look like it broke down a door and crushed the unfortunate Dasyu hiding behind it.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

ijyt posted:

I'm a bit confused on the different roles of the models in this game, so if I go with the Aleph starter pack what am I looking to buy?

If it helps, I like the look of the Maruts and Rebots :shobon:

The Aleph pack gives you an Asura (top dog, hard as nails but expensive unit), a Deva (in the box she has to be your hacker in order to make it a legal list), a Naga (stealthy infiltrating model with mines) and three Dakinis (basic rifle robots).

In small games the Asura will be almost half your points - she's 70+ points in a game played at 200-300 points. Good first purchases would probably be the box of Devas with Devabots (to give you an alternative lieutenant model and a "spare" Deva you can use as one of the other options), or the Myrmidon Officer blister pack (again, a cheaper commander - the Myrmidon is more of a utility model with stealth and smoke grenades).

Rebots are a good purchase - they're mobile defensive units that can get into awkward places and lay down good amounts of heavy weapon fire for not many points. The Marut on the other hand is the biggest, costliest thing in the entire faction - it's a 126-point giant robot that you need to design a list around rather than just including in a normal list.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Deviant posted:

Is there a list like this anywhere, that tells you exactly what each unit is 'good at'?

This forum thread is a very in-depth run through of every unit and variant in the entire faction - if you go on the Infinity forums there's a similar thread for almost all the factions.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

ijyt posted:

Devas and Rebots it is then. I'll pick up the Marut eventually though because that model. :swoon:

It is quite nice, although getting the machine gun arms on is a slight pain.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

ijyt posted:

I sure will! If things pan out I'll start work on it this weekend, so I'll be sure to take photos of the various stages just because I'm certain something will go wrong.

Also just to make sure, what I'm buying for my Aleph is:

The Starter Pack
  • Dakini (3)
  • Deva (1)
  • Asuras (1)
  • Naga (1)

Deva Functionaries
  • Deva (2)
  • Devabot (2)

Rebots
  • HMG (1)
  • Missile Launcher (1)
  • Add. View (2)

The Infinity starting out page seems to recommend the Sophotects from the Support Pack and Dasyus.

Sounds a good starting force - it's very similar to the one I started with.

With a tiny bit of conversion or creativity you can make two HMG rebots out of one box, which will probably be more useful when starting out than a missile one.

Sophotects are good but I've always felt in a small game it's better to have more guys who can fight than someone who has a chance to heal a downed guy. More crucially the support pack gives you Netrods, which are little antennae you pay 4pts for that give you more orders to use - but again, when starting out, you can probably do without those.

Dasyus aren't bad for later purchases - they're the more elite stealth unit you can get, and so can do some fun tricks with infiltration.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Deviant posted:

Assembling these tacbots is a special kind of super hell.

Superglue accelerator and working in small stages is the best way.

I built six of them.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Deviant posted:

I do need more glue accelerator.

The one good thing I have found is nothing seems to need pinning if you use accelerator; even the TAGs, which are hefty lumps of metal, have very well-designed contact points that lock into place.

Admittedly I've not built any of the really awkwardly designed ones like the Dragao with its giant shoulder chaingun and comically large ammo belt, or the Caskuda which is just absurdly big.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
If we're doing gimmick lists :getin:

JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY

GROUP 1 10 0 3

OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (34)
DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, AP CCW. (28)

0 SWC | 296 Points

Open with Army 4

Hit TAGs with swords every day.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
The Raiden and the Ekdromos both look pretty boss. I'm particularly interested in another cheap heavy weapon option for JSA, the faction of cheap resilient guys usually lacking heavy weapons.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

l2cover noob. :D

I'm going to pimp my buddies JSA terrain without his permission, he's working on some stuff and it looks so sweet.

...images...

I saw those lamps and had exactly the same idea, but somewhat less well executed:

As to the BS16 keisotsu hypothetical situation, there's way too much ODD/Mimetism/Camo in most games I play to make that a regular occurrence unless my O-Yoroi has set things on fire first.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Fix posted:

Where are those lamps from?

I found them in a pound shop in the UK (Poundland I think it was) - they're called "Solar Lanterns" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Played a few games over the weekend and finally gave my Phoenix Lt. a go. The Heavy Rocket Launcher is just brutal in a link; he demolished enemy link teams (both keisotsus and Haramakis) with frightening ease, though I had a lucky crit when firing at the heavy infantry. Achilles also worked alright with a Heavy Shotgun instead of the ubiquitous Spitfire, charging up close to blast and punch TAGs to death.

In both games my ML Agema was punked really early, though. I have to remember to deploy him prone. Has anyone had any experience with Atalanta?

Atalanta is good but stupidly, stupidly fragile. She's a sniper with basically no defensive stuff at all except a frighteningly high BS.

You have to use her really carefully.

• Locked thread