Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akalies
May 31, 2000

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm having a weird ENB issue. I'm using SkyRealism ENB evolved (the current version) with ENB 0213 and when it loads up I'm getting a big red text message telling me that it'd detected hardware anti-aliasing and so a few features won't be available.

Just throwing poo poo out there, but are you using Mod Organizer? MO isolates the Skyrim .ini files into it's own profile directories.

Along the same lines, has anyone run across the SMAA injector dll not working with certain ENB presets? I'm using SkyRealism with the latest ENB.dll, and for whatever reason it refuses to work. Independently the SMAA injector works fine, and it's worked fine with other configs, but now it's doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akalies
May 31, 2000
Can anyone recommend a ENB preset that A. Has actual dark dungeons that aren't completely gray and hideous blobs and B. Maintains some of the setting's coldness in it's coloring?

futile posted:

Also wanted to call attention to Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul. Just got updated today. This is by far the best landscape texture pack I've ever seen for this game. The author is still working out some bugs with tiling/seams here and there, but installing this will make a huge impact on your game, even if you already had a wonderful texture pack like the combiner installed already. Just look at the screenshots.

Wow, this looks really nice. I figured I was done after TPC + Parallax Remastered, but the leaves on the ground were enough to get me interested. Here's hoping the nexus actually lets me download it at some point.

Akalies fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 5, 2013

Akalies
May 31, 2000
I'm going through and putting together a Texture Pack Combiner 1.95b compilation for my own use, and I'm trying to stick to around 2k and lower textures. Would there be interest in a completed torrent when I'm done? Or would you folks prefer just having the hard-to-find mods made available?

I was going to just offer up the mods in their individual archives, but recent updates have caused TPC to wig out unless they're hand placed. :(

Also, speaking of SPERG - has anyone found a compatible way to keep the default Wards and buff up their effectiveness? I'm tempted to make a spell sword, but I really prefer the behavior of default wards over SPERG's bound shield. I think the original ward effect is pretty neat, and I like the benefit of being able to attack while 'blocking' that it offers. I've seen a few Ward mods, but I'm not sure how well they would play with SPERG.

Edit: Looks like Alluvion's re-auth system is broken. Does anyone know of a fix or alternative that'd be A. Private B. Not related to :filez:?

Akalies fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 5, 2013

Akalies
May 31, 2000

wodan22 posted:

I'm new to modding (not very knowledgeable) and having trouble figuring out how to install BOSS and Thunderchild using Mod Organizer.

I'm not familiar with Thunderchild, but what does the error say? As far as Boss the best way is to extract the archive into a sub-directory in MO. So put in in something like C:\Program Files (x86)\ModOrganizer\BOSS v2.1.1 Archive\ and then in MO click the binaries tab (pull down list of applications next to the Run button), and hit edit. Point it towards Boss.exe and hit Add, and then ok. Use the pull down to select boss, and hit run. Switch it back to run Skyrim or whatever to run other programs.

Akalies
May 31, 2000
So as far as water replacements I was never very impressed with W.A.T.E.R., but I really like Realistic Water Two.

It's very pretty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLJ0f3HHQzs

Also for the extremely OCD (me) Blacksmithforge Water Fix: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18818/

Akalies
May 31, 2000

Inverness posted:

I'm new to whole ENB graphics enhancement thing. Everybody seems to have their own idea of what looks the best or more "realistic".

Does anyone have any recommendations on this. I'm currently using Realistic Lighting Overhaul which doesn't use ENB, but I am interested in seeing how something else might look.

It's really just what's acceptable to you. As mentioned in the OP The Wilds is a great preset (and fairly fast) I like SkyRealism's oppressive-darkness, and Phinix ENB has a lot of 'Vanilla' in it.

That I said I personally gave up on ENB presets as they all have an awful haze in pitch-black areas, and the performance drop simply wasn't worth it. I now just use ENB for the various fixes (ram, shadows, parallax) and throw SweetFX with this preset on top of it. Couldn't be happier.

quote:

I'm reminded of my Oblivion days and seeing people who didn't want to use OBSE for some reason. :rolleyes:

I remember release Morrowind, and trying to mod that. The vanilla game was more buggy than my Skyrim install with 100+ mods, and it would have blown these people's minds. Look in the wrong direction? CTD. Entered a room at a wrong angle? Fall through the floor. No NMM, MO, or anything like that either. Modding involved throwing random files into your Morrowind directory, using the terrible Morrowind launcher, and praying that the sick Lavos house you just spent an hour trying to download didn't make you bluescreen.

And we loved it. :corsair:

Akalies
May 31, 2000
I'm sort of sad I haven't seen this mentioned much:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19446//

It adds a poo poo-ton of low poly lod models to the world, and really makes distant terrain look a lot busier. His screenshots really don't do it service. Make sure to use the light version of the Morthal esp if you have Hearthfire.

Before:

After:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akalies
May 31, 2000

Titty Warlord posted:

is there any enbs that arent complete garbage

I like Phinix ok. Of all the popular ENBs it seems to keep in tone with Skyrim's art style/tone the most.

• Locked thread