Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

GunnerJ posted:

Realistic Needs and Diseases ("RND") or iNeed: I've used both these mods, and while they're both good, I much prefer iNeed. RND is really detailed oriented and specific, while iNeed is much more my speed. They both work, though.

That link for iNeed appears to be broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I'm totally new to this whole Skyrim modding thing. Haven't even played the base game for years.

I'd like to be able to wander around, get lost in the woods, explore neat poo poo, etc. I don't care about the big quests, I don't care about crafting (hated the grind of it), would like to avoid the temptation of fast travel type stuff, etc. I'm not looking for super realism or hardcore mode, I just want to chill and feel like I'm really exploring an open world (that I've hopefully forgotten most of).

I noticed there are no weather mods on the list. Are these not usually looked well upon? I've seen things online about sweet fog and storms, super dark spoopy nights, etc. Sounds kinda neat--are there any that are goon-approved?

Does this list seem to cover what I want for my goals?
  • Mod Manager
  • SKSE
  • USLEEP
  • SkyUI
  • Immersive HUD
  • Extended UI
  • iNeed
  • Morrowloot 4E
  • Frostfall
  • Crash fixes
  • Modern Brawl Bug Fix
  • Consistent Older People
  • Quality World Map
  • Run For Your Lives
  • Immersive Animations
  • Better Stealth Followers
  • Realistic Water 2
  • Static Mesh Improvement
  • Audio Overhaul
  • Enhanced Lights and FX

Hopefully the whole SKSE and Mod Manager installation and use thing will be intuitive.

• Locked thread