Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
I'm excited to run through Skyrim again, was waiting on SPERG 4.0 before I jumped back in. I still need to figure out what I need to do regarding the SPERG compatibility patches, however.

I'm also running with Realistic Needs and Diseases this time, as well as Inconsequential NPCs because I feel like there aren't enough random people filling out places like Rorikstead. Way too many empty spots in this game. Interesting NPCs also looks... well, interesting, but I am a little wary of custom voice acting. Are there any horror stories of voice acting in either Inconsequential or Interesting NPCs that I should know about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

Myopic posted:

If you just want random people, Populated Cities adds generic NPCs to places. They use the vanilla voices as well.

Great, I want Exactly This, thanks!

Also maybe I will check out interesting NPCs as well.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
So does the CTD and Memory patch actually do anything, or is it just snake oil? I get some CTDs every now and then when I look at one of the Immersive Armors in my inventory. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with this, and what should I watch out for?

On a completely different note, how is Ebonvale?

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
Thanks for the CTD advice. I think I'm running into a video memory thing? Sometimes I get a CTD when I'm looking at the sons of skyrim armor in my inventory, sometimes I don't. I almost never ever get other CTD issues.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

Gyshall posted:

loving finally, Morrowind style rechant over time:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/42356//

Yes. Awesome. Great. I need this, thank you.

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!
How would I go about making a compatibility patch for Dance of Death and SPERG? Even with the perk restriction system turned off on DoD, decapitations require perks for some bizarre reason and all of my foes remain un-beheaded.

Ideally, I would like to trick the game into thinking that I have the requisite perks for DoD to trigger decapitations, but not actually get the benefits of those perks (which are overridden by SPERG, anyways). Even better would be getting the SPERG perks to interact with DoD, but that sounds a little tricky- is it? Should I bother, or is it way too complicated for someone not familiar with the CK to figure out?

Do any files exist out there that address this issue? I've searched around, but come up with nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TroubledWaters
Aug 9, 2007

Some kind of...
oil trap!

TroubledWaters posted:

How would I go about making a compatibility patch for Dance of Death and SPERG? Even with the perk restriction system turned off on DoD, decapitations require perks for some bizarre reason and all of my foes remain un-beheaded.

Ideally, I would like to trick the game into thinking that I have the requisite perks for DoD to trigger decapitations, but not actually get the benefits of those perks (which are overridden by SPERG, anyways). Even better would be getting the SPERG perks to interact with DoD, but that sounds a little tricky- is it? Should I bother, or is it way too complicated for someone not familiar with the CK to figure out?

Do any files exist out there that address this issue? I've searched around, but come up with nothing.

Reposting my question from awhile ago- has anyone else experienced this problem? Or do decapitations with Sperg+DoD work fine for everyone else, and my setup is just broken?

• Locked thread