Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Are there any good not overtly cheating mods that add some more variety to the food you can make? Maybe use some more of the foods available and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

I still dont understand why they made the supply of salt woefully inadequate. :psyduck:

Well salt is kinda important for preserving meat. But yeah, inns and such should have a ton available instead of just 1 or 2. Maybe change recipes to need "a pinch of salt" and add a 1 salt pile->20 pinches recipe for the cooking thingy.

This looks interesting if possibly overpowered: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5877/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Well salt is kinda important for preserving meat. But yeah, inns and such should have a ton available instead of just 1 or 2. Maybe change recipes to need "a pinch of salt" and add a 1 salt pile->20 pinches recipe for the cooking thingy.

This looks interesting if possibly overpowered: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5877/

So update I installed that mod and uh:
Green Apple Pie
3 green apples
1 salt pile

Do modders not know anything about food?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

Is there a mod or console command to mute followers? I'm using the chick from the Sorcery mod but god help you if you're in a dungeon, she just keeps saying her line over and over.

Mjoll could use this too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So back to uncapper chat, if you have too many perk points how do you fix it? Even after hitting the reset button in the SPERG menu after correcting the dll and ini paths I still have too many perk points.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Under SPERG's SkyUI menu? I didn't see one. :confused:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

give me thread posted:

Hey guys, wondering if someone can help please?

I installed Mod Organizer but it fails to start. I get the error pictured below. I have a feeling I'm missing a Visual C++ redist package or maybe .net, but the problem is I've got all VC++ packages installed and .net is also already insalled.

What am I missing? Help please! :(

You can find out the exact error in the windows application event log (events.msc). I've only seen that error personally when trying to run something compiled against debug libraries on a system without them. A 32/64bit compatibility problem should say something about an incorrect architecture iirc. Reinstalling MSVC redist packages sounds like a good idea.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Scyantific posted:

The one that my cursor is pointing at, that's where you can set your perk points.

Thanks didn't look at the advanced menu because it was greyed out. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Grey Elephants posted:

Ran it as an administrator and disabled my firewall, I'm still getting both errors.

QLocalSocket is actually a local only connection or "named pipe"; it's a way of communicating between processes, not between your computer and a remote server. I'm not sure what's going on there if you can't run it as administrator, check the permissions on the exe itself and see if there is an "unblock" button.

Also what version of windows are you running?

• Locked thread