Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Chaltab posted:

Why on earth would you want coins to weigh anything? Even if you set them at the game's lowest non-zero value, by the middle of the game you're going to have 1000+ encumbrance from money alone.

Never underestimate the gameplay hurdles people will put in their way in the name of "Immersion".

For Killing Floor 2, a game as immersive as Smash TV, most weapons have an identical price per tier (some have been slightly adjusted). So you can just hit tab, see if someone needs a bit of cash for a bigger gun, and throw glowing neon bricks of money at them. But there are literally people who complain that not having an entire wiki's worth if unique weapon prices that scale with level on top, "ruins immersion and roleplay".

In a game where you kill waves of Not Zombies, then fight a 100 year old cyborg nazi and bury his corpse in a mountain of cash.

At least the stuff where you Mod in dying from exposure in snow covered skyrim is kind of interesting.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So clearly, this Clockwork deal is the perfect mod for someone once again telling themselves "I'm SO going to actually play past the first dragon fight this time!"

PS: What is the most pro tip fashiion mod suggestion for giving Orcs sweet Mohawks (That I will never see because of helmets)?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Gorgar posted:

Use the mod that adds armored circlets to the game. I think it's called Armored Circlets.

Oh cool. Let's see. HD armored circlets...

"This version is final.
Known issues: Some clipping with male orcs. Every other race should be fine."

:doh:

Also seeing an "Armored Circlets by Quickfox", which while older seems to be much more well put together at a glance (even if the steam workshop link doesn't work).

That thread title is highly accurate. "I'm going to start! Just as soon as I find proper Mad Max/Fist of the north star orc mohawks!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Transmogrifier posted:

Complete Crafting Overhaul has an option to add Armored Circlet recipes.

And taking a quick glance at that mode, it cites that Quickfox one as the circlets used. So they are probably good even on their own as well.

I'm sure the overhaul mod is cool overall, but jumping in with "Our vision demands extra side components and only being allowed to smith daedric weapons at night! (unless you turn that off :rolleyes:)" might be a bit extra on the pile to start with.

Speaking of Extras, does that overhaul mod work out with SPERG okay? Since it talks about changing what perks unlock certain items, and a few other crafting perk related mods as required.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Transmogrifier posted:

You seem a little upset about a mod having extra features that you can toggle on and off in game. It works fine with SPERG from my experience in play throughs.

Also there's no extra side components required to actually craft the circlets. You don't even need the Quickfox or Armored Circlets textures to use CCO's. You just craft them from a normal helm at a smelter.

I suppose I could have worded that more graciously, my track record of seeing things with "We want to shuffle requirements because of lore/immersion" has generally been a poor one. Even if I was not expecting anything terrible.

That and figuring on getting used to basic crafting in general, before diving in to adding secondary components and shuffling around ebony for Orichalcum, quicksilver secondaries, etc. (It mentions the 'Craft Daedric only at night' being optional, but not that stuff)

With a side of "Okay it requires a side mod I wasn't quite interested in, and... a Bashed patch is required to merge-I don't even know what the gently caress that means". That's part of what I meant for a bit much for diving right in with it.

Nice to hear it works good for SPERG though, for if I change my mind and decide just the weapons and armor fixes patch means smithing is garbage and I should be upset about Vanilla instead :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 13, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Man Whore posted:

I recommend learning how to make a bash patch, its pretty easy, and while I wasn't sure about CCO when I installed it yesterday, its slowly growing on me.

I definitely should check up on that sort of thing, yeah, It is likely much easier than it sounds. Particularly with years of modding tools behind it.

As much as anything I should just turn on the drat game and get going. Deciding whether or not to dig deeper into overhauls (SPERG is the only thing that isn't a quick fix I've got slotted at the moment) will be an easier choice once I I've gotten my hands on the gameplay it would be altering again for more than a couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I'm trying to work out why Brawls add bounty and piss everyone off as soon as I throw a punch, even after I pay an NPC for a punch up.

I have the brawl bugs patch. I even tried turning on "Brawl mode" in SPERG. But I still get a bounty.

I don't have anything that alters personal combat directly, except whatever the Unofficial skyrim legendary edition patch would do (Though that's installed Via Workshop, rather than the Mod Organizer. Is mixing workshop+Mod loaders a nono?). I doubt weapon fixes, smart souls, or passive enchantment recharged would be a factor.

I've also noticed that if I try to let Uthgerd throw the first punch, all she will do us U turn right back around to sit in her chair.

So, I'm a bit clueless what has gone wrong here. As well as why that "Brawl mode" toggle for SPERG seems to be doing nothing.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Aug 21, 2016

• Locked thread