Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Scyantific posted:

Insanity's Weapons Collection: From the author of Unique Uniques comes an incredibly detailed collection of new items. Most of them are katanas, but he has gone and brought back the Morrowind styled Dwemer weapons as well. Also included in his collection are Goldbrand, the Umbra Sword, and Chrysamere. Now if only he went back and remade Trueflame and Hopesfire (and maybe Stendarr's Hammer)...

Just wanted to point out that Morrowloot does add Goldbrand and Chrysamere, along with Hopesfire and Stendarr's Hammer (doesn't add Umbra though), and a whole lot of other artifacts.

They are also Balls Hard to find, I've been playing with Morrowloot forever and out of the entire list (as seen here) I've found like, 4 of the Artifacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Yeah but have you seen how they look? They look really drat ugly. Maybe I'll ask Insanity and Trainwiz if they could combine them. Train's loot with Insanity's textures/meshes.

I thought Trainwiz did use Insanity's models for Morrowloot? For Chrysamere and Goldbrand at least. The only real ugly ones in Morrowloot to me are Scourge and Eledion's Ward, Trainwiz said that's because he can't find anything better for them.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Morgoth posted:

I'm getting mixed messages here, from the OP: "Many goons have given this a shot so far and loved it. Existing characters can be used just fine, so there's no need to wait (make a backup save first, like you should when installing any mod)."

Erring on the side of caution here, can someone clarify wether or not I should use a new save after installing SPERG?

I think everyone is saying use a new character because it gives you more time to gently caress around with the new trees and perks and such. SPERG isn't too terribly script heavy, and it's those mods that tend to cause problems later on when you uninstall them.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 4, 2013

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So I was wondering, has anyone made a mod that makes high quality armor and weapon sets... uhh, better? Like, y'know how Stalhrim has that bonus to frost enchantments? I was thinking of something similar to that for Glass/Ebony/Daedric gear. Like a bonus to fire enchantments for Daedric or something a bit more imaginative.

Not dragon stuff though, like I know it needs 100 Smith and a Perk, but on the other hand it's way easier to find the stuff you need and craft it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Mjoll could use this too.

And the dude from Dragonborn, name escapes me but he's a spellsword in Chitin Armor. No I don't need to hear about how your last employer died because he charged into a Bandit Fort all by himself seconds after we just cleared out a Bandit fort all by ourselves.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Yeah I'm pretty sure Miraak drops all the gear he uses, which is his armor, a sword and a special staff.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So like, whats gonna happen when a mod you paid for fucks up another mod you paid for with an update like 3 months after you paid for both of them?

Modding T:ES games (or games in general really) has always been a roll of the dice, now I gotta pay for this poo poo?!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Killsion posted:

Is pirating mods going to become a thing now? Can it be a thing?

The question we should be asking is why does it need to even be a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

nacon posted:

Because gamers are entitled babies who don't want to pay content creators for their work. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

The root of this issue is that Skyrim mods have all been free up to today, and now mod creators can ask to be paid for their work. Some games never set the expectation that anything would be free - see the Player Studio in Planetside 2, for instance: SOE had folks using the Player Studio to add new helmets, skins, camos, etc to the game, using this model (SOE and player split it 50/50.) I know of several content creators who got checks in the thousands of dollars for their work - and they never got accused of betraying the great spirit of modding or destroying PC gaming as we know it.

If the mod is lovely, don't pay for it. If you buy it, and realize it's lovely, refund it.

People have been getting paid for mods, it's called donations. And while it wasn't forced, they got 100% of it. On that note, all mods on the Workshop that had donation links in the description are getting taken down until they remove their links:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430854203

Also, there's also the possibility that a mod ends up loving with your savefile after an update 2 months later, and you can't get a refund because it's only 24 hours. Even if you can get a refund, you only get it back in $team Bux.

• Locked thread