Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Is anybody else having an issue with the newer versions of ENB where sometimes just looking in the direction of a random spot will cause your FPS to drop down to 1 and stay there until you look away? Ever since I updated to .212 even with really low stress ENB configs like Project ENB's Maximum Performance option when I get a steady 40 to 60 FPS there will be random times when a spot just kills FPS for no discernible reason. A tent in Stonechill, a bush by the side of the road, a rock by Dawnstar. I can circle it with my back to the points at full FPS but if its on the screen at all I get 1 FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Interesting NPCs has varying quality of voice acting ranging from some who sound perfect and you wouldn't realize they weren't always there and some with less than perfect recordings of still wonderfully acted lines that take away some of the immersion to some that are voiced by people with terrible microphones and read their lines somewhat flatly. Overall it's definitely worth it though I'd say. I found a few really fun quests that took me around most of the map and were definitely worth the time to see them through.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Inverness posted:

On the subject of player homes, for some reason I'm just one of those people that doesn't really care much about them. All I do is usually find a single chest and store everything in it that I don't sell for whatever reason. I'll also buy upgrades to the home if they add useful things like an enchanting table. But other than that, I don't bother with decoration or anything else really.

I'd be pretty satisfied with a Bag of Infinite Holding. Maybe I should search for a mod for that. Perhaps there is one that isn't a buggy piece of trash.

There's Haven Bag where you can climb inside of the bag and be carrying a full complement of crafting stations, a bed, and storage with you at all times.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Lawman 0 posted:

How much better is it then falskaars 'voice acting'?

I haven't Falskaar yet but here are some examples of Ineresting NPCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4X5-Bjsfck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN62EXRSzRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8d8OnN7ZEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttbELq6IkP4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4W_L3dOgQU

And a couple of the ones I've come across I didn't like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3p1011vSME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQtRiHo2S4

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
If you install a mod like Trade and Barter you can set it to pretty well screw you over on gold when selling things to be sure it's harder to become fabulously wealthy.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Saint Sputnik posted:

The Draugr guy is OK, it's his elf companion in that inn who's got the most grating voice and fake accent I've ever heard. I wince whenever she opens her mouth.

Haven't come across any actual quests involving Interesting NPCs. I just love installing the mod that lets you be a bard then rolling around the map performing all over with the egotistical bard from Dragonsbridge.

My problem with him is his voice doesn't fit his character at all. He sounds like a teen acting tough when he's supposed to be much older.

I've done three quests so far, A Paper Mirror, Way of the Nine, and Forgotten Lore. Of the three Paper Mirror was probably the most interesting but least involved. It involves finding a book that describes your actions of finding the book, reading it, and then going to talk to a man in an inn about a job. Way of the Nine was about a Blades pupil who was learning a all but forgotten fighting style from her master and then using it to kill him before she could learn the last of it and now trying to find another way to learn it. It's a pretty stock story. Forgotten Lore is somewhat interesting about the founder of the mage's guild having hidden some final research in code in some of his books and it being stolen. I was a little disappointed by the ending of it but apparently there's a follow up quest for it that's supposed to tie up loose ends. Except I haven't done all the prerequisites for it to be available yet.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
SPERG includes a way to get perks back. If you wanted to overdo it you could install SPERG and then disable every skill tree and feature, but I'd recommend getting it because SPERG is pretty fun.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

graynull posted:

Ahh ok, thanks. I guess I should have gone with my instinct and waited for Undeath later when it updates. I guess it doesn't kick in till level 30 so I guess I shouldn't be missing anything with it gone.

There were some comments saying that if you clean Undeath and delete Its changes to Tamriel in the Worldspace section it will stop breaking quests. I don't know if deleting the worldspace stuff breaks anything in Undeath or if maybe just cleaning it was what fixed it but I managed to finish the thieves guild quest it broke without any issues afterward. I haven't attempted Undeath quests at all though so I can't tell if that's broken now from deleting the Tamriel stuff.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I've been noticing NPC voices cutting out randomly for very short periods of time every so often. Only just enough so that conversations sound odd and I wouldn't know what they were saying if I didn't have subtitles on. Is that caused by Sounds of Skyrim, Skyrim itself, or my computer?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I just installed Frostfall and is it normal that I can't walk from the tavern in Winterhold to the college without nearly dying of exposure? I'm wearing a cloak and something in every other slot but I was overencumbered and nearly froze before I could get back. I'm not even sure how I'm going to get back to the rest of the world without having to set up camp every hundred meters.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Alasyre posted:

Hmm. It should run without issue from within MO. Was the directory for it "[Mod Organizer]\mods\Skyrim -Community- Uncapper\SKSE\Plugins"? That would be the default directory MO installs it in.

For some reason the Uncapper INI doesn't get overwritten by SPERG's version of it in Mod Organizer. Every time I've had to copy the INI from SPERG to the Uncapper to get it to work properly when first setting it up.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Alasyre posted:

I think it loads whichever was installed last, but there's no reason to have two of the same file anyway. I just delete SPERG's uncapper .ini and adjust the default one with SPERG's setting.

It's supposed to work that way but even with MO telling me that SPERG's Uncapper INI is overwriting it I would still gain 1 perk per level.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Realistic Lighting Overhaul tries something different from other mods by slowing the eye adaptation rate so it takes a long time as opposed to changing instantly. I haven't really noticed it since installing this so I guess it works.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
So apparently Undeath is even more broken than I previously thought. I found some directions in the comments that solved the quest progression issues but apparently Undeath drastically alters Fellglow Keep, the quest location of Hitting the Books, so that it's impossible to finish. First there's rubble in the hallways that lead up to the Ritual Chamber and after toggling collision off to get past it, because clicking on the debris and using the disable command did nothing, it turns out the door to enter the final room is just gone.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Scyantific posted:

Are you sure it's Undeath that's causing it? Because I just went through the Winterhold questline without Undeath activated at all, and when I went back to Fellglow Keep to get the Julianos Blessing I had the same thing happen. Blocked passages and the missing ritual chamber.

E: Further investigation into the UESP indicates that the passages upstairs become blocked after completing Hitting the Books. And there was a nexus thread where someone had the same problem back in May. So it can't be Undeath that's causing it.

I assumed it was that because somebody else posted about having the same issue and removing Undeath fixing it. I ended up just using coc to get to the room instead of checking.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Gyshall posted:

Any known reason for a massive FPS drop around Whiterun, where the Companions are fighting the Giant? I'm playing on Ultra, max settings/enb etc and just graphical mods (mostly STEP/TPC). I drop from 50+ FPS to something around 2 :stonk:

ENB configs that take advantage of newer versions of ENB's features to make them run faster have been causing that for me in the most random places. I wouldn't be surprised if the same is happening to you.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Gyshall posted:

Yeah, actually. Motherfuck. What is the hotkey to disable ENB?

Disabling ENB didn't stop it from happening for me. I think it has something to do with the newer memory features which still run. I had to just remove Phinix entirely to get it to stop doing that.

Edit: It's Shift F12 by default though.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Gyshall posted:

Actually just from reading the forums, it looks like this might be related to the memory optimization in ENBLOCAL.ini or some poo poo. I have 16GB of ram and a 4GB video card, and apparently the forumla for the INI change is something like

code:
RAM + VRAM -2028

VideoMemorySizeMb= above value
I'll do some tinkering tonight. I was getting frustrated because I spent so much time removing/adding mods in an attempt to troubleshoot.

The warnings in the config I saw said not to put the VideoMemorySizeMb above the amount of VRAM you have and it was already set for the amount I have so I didn't mess with it. I guess I could try that out. I'd love to be able to play using ENB again.

Edit: Looking at it again, I probably misread it. Seems to be working fine so far with those settings.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 11, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I'm not sure if this mod has been brought up here yet, but Immersive Interiors is pretty cool. It's goal is to modify windows inside buildings so that you can look outside. So you get stuff like this:

It's compatible with Enhanced Lighting & FX as well.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Is it possible to use Mod Organizer with multiple different games from the same installation of it? I've decided I want to play another Bethesda game but I haven't managed to find any option for that.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed there's not a whole lot taking advantage of that in RaceMenu. I'd love to get some more interesting tattoos and body warpaint for my warrior character but there's just the one tattoo pack and a few face paint packs.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
For some reason when I try to run SUM the patch gets stuck on Automatic Variants and it gives me a pop up that's a blank box with the title "Message" that cannot be closed. Has anybody run into this before? Know any way to fix it?

Edit: Apparently running the Automatic Variants SkyProc on it's own works so I guess that's what I'll have to be doing from now on.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 16, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
As of now most of the added buildings don't have interiors. There are a few shops where the shopkeepers just sit in chairs placed in front of the doors instead. It's alright though. I don't really notice anything too out of place other than a bunch of buildings with fake doors when I'm wandering through towns.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Kilroy posted:

functionally there is no difference on that between MO and NMM.

Does NMM keep a spare copy of overwritten files in case I want to change the order they were installed? The main reason I switched over to MO was because of how it handles loose file conflicts. I was having conflicting file issues when installing later mods that resulted in the game crashing because a mod was expecting it's version of a file to be there or things looking messed up because the wrong texture being overwritten. I also like being able to use MO to disable loose files from mods.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 21, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

Cardiovorax posted:

What's a good way to increase the amount of dragon encounters and/or make them more interesting? I just realized that I've been playing for a few hours again but haven't actually seen a random dragon since the watchtower quest. I'm not really looking for anything to make them HARDCORE DIFFUCULT!!!, just a few more of them. I'd try ASIS, but I'm not sure how nice it'll play with all the mods I'm running.

Timing is Everything includes a setting for number of days min/max between dragon attacks. You could fine tune it with that.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
How long did you try using the staves for? They take a bit to learn the ability. I think it took me somewhere around 8 bandits but now I can Wabbajack people without needing a staff.

Edit: I say 8 is a bit because each bandit took quite a few blasts with how unpredictable it is.

Cerevisiae fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 22, 2013

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
Hopefully the monster textures will be compatible with Automatic Variants.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

boho posted:

Oh god dammit, I installed Undeath without seeing the warning in the OP. No wackiness yet since I'm doing Dragonborn right now, but I'm worried. :ohdear:

The bugs have supposedly been fixed with patch 1.1 and 1.2 so you should hopefully be alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
From really low levels of sleep, where it tells you "I need to find a bed NOW", I've had to sleep up to 24 hours to get to Well Rested. I just assumed that's how the mod worked.

• Locked thread