Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
I got back into this game after discovering Requiem, really makes it feel like a whole other game way more than a perk overhaul. Question though - does anyone know of any mod that changes the way 2h weapons are placed on the back? I'm running around with a battleaxe clipping into my kidney 24/7. Seems like there's plenty of options for one handed weapons but nothing at all for two handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Propagandist posted:

Use XPMSE with FNIS. You'll also need SKSE, Realistic Ragdolls and Force, and Racemenu. This will let you place weapons on several positions on your body. You can switch from having sword on your hip to having it on your back. You can even put daggers on your thigh or lower back instead of on your hip, too.

The reason I bring this up, is because you can open up the console, type "showracemenu", and navigate to the Weapons tab, and tweak weapon positions on your body by very small amounts. This is in addition to the weapon positioning ability above.

I used this with Equipping Overhaul to show multiple weapons on the player's body (instead of just the equipped ones), so that a two-handed sword and a one-handed sword can appear on the player's back. By default, they clip. But since you can move them by small amounts, you can then adjust them slightly so they don't clip.

Cheers mate. I might have a look at Equipping Overhaul too, sounds pretty awesome.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

There is literally no argument against MO except stupid ones. Stupid ones like 'But Arthmoor says...'

It's less user friendly. That is important if you don't know or care to learn about computers.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
So I switched to mod organiser because NMM was having trouble with a bigger mod I wanted to try out and it's completely broken. Zero mods are installed in my data directory and I need to run FNIS and a skyproc patcher for other mods that I use. LOOT still detects that there are mods so obviously they're somewhere but I'm lost.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Oh, that could be a bit more intuitive but eh I knew I was sacrificing a lot of user friendliness from the start.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
On my way over to mod manager I lost about half my stupid-as-gently caress mods. Does anyone have any recommendations for fun and interesting mods, ideally Requiem compatible?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Who wants to join in on some Arthmoor hate? He apparently prefers the completely loving worthless Wrye Bash to Mator Smash in Skyrim. Talk about unable to adjust to changing circumstances. BUT WRYE BASH WAS THE THING I USED IN OBLIVION, IT MUST BE FULLY-FUNCTIONAL AND NOT AT ALL BROKEN IN SKYRIM!

edit with a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/4paz1d/wrye_bashed_patch_vs_mator_smash/ Here he's being really stupid.

I can only see like three replies from him where he's just stating his preference and explaining why without any aggression though?

Saint Sputnik posted:

Speaking of Requiem, I've developed a health bug wherein it only ever heals to within a single point of full. Leveling up restored that missing point but it soon vanished again. I think Req and Vigor are the only mods I have that affect health, since I forgot to even turn Realistic Regen on in the MCM. If I can't figure it out I'll just disable the health bar in iHud, since I'm going to die in one or two hits anyway.

http://imgur.com/a/zhysr

Just saw this on the Requiem reddit for MCM options you need to turn off in Vigor if you're using Requiem. You already done all that?

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

It doesn't matter anyway, I was in the wrong in this case. I went reaching for reasons to bag on Arthmoor and he happened to be right, in this one case.

I don't understand the hate some people have for him. Reading the story about it I can understand why he'd see it as someone co-opting his mod, he probably just wanted to add a unique touch to his mod and it failed miserably. If I'd made a really popular mod and someone re-released a copy pasted version of it minus some unpopular quirks I'd probably be upset as well. Sounds like he got way too defensive afterwards but that was years ago, it's a bit long to hold a grudge.

• Locked thread