Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but it's not in the OP. I've just reinstalled, started a new game and already download & installed a bunch of mods with Nexus Mod Manager. Now I see the common advice is to use Mod Organiser.

• Should I scrap what I have and start again with Mod Organiser?
  • Can I move mods over with Mod Organiser?
  • Can I use Mod Organiser to download from the nexus site?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Cool, thanks. I haven't even got to Whiterun in my new playthrough so I don't mind starting over.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Are there any ENB presets that don't have extreme contrast? I just want better looking shadows but it seems every ENB either makes things extremely bright or extremely dark.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Goddammit, I just reinstalled Skyrim and fully modded it a couple of days ago. Now the whole thing feels pointless as a new version which will break all my mods and probably make some mods rather redundant will come out.

This, except I don't give a poo poo about the special edition because I just installed better textures, better LOD, better meshes and an ENB that already makes my game look like the new one.

Plus the re-release won't have any new quests, items, characters or locations so I'm already ahead of it.

I mean, releasing this on PC is pretty redundant unless you're too lazy to click some mod download links.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

It feels weird just launching the game without installing just a few more mods every time.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I'm confused, can I use ENBoost alongside a graphics preset?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

If you're using a newish graphics ENB preset, it probably has ENBoost enabled already so yes.

And if it isn't? I was using True Vision ENB at my FPS seemed to be capped at 60, with ENBoost it's around 90+

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question... but is there a lighting mod that makes stuff brighter? All the lighting mods I've seen have been all about "realism" and making everything pitch black at night and inside houses/caves

Same, doing anything at night is impossible because I can't see 10 feet in front of me. Torches don't really help.

I'm loving the ENB though

I'm not sure I'm going to bother with NVLA, that's a lot of steps just to set it up.

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 17, 2016

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I picked up all the dlc in the sale, do I need to reinstall the 2k texture pack? I've not even gone to new areas yet but some textures, especially in dwemer ruins, look really low resolution.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Your Computer posted:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Doesn't it just install automatically if you have it? It's the "Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack" yeah? I honestly can't remember what Skyrim looks like without it :iiam:

I didn't mean the texture pack dlc, I meant this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/607/

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Use Mod Organizer, please. For the love of god, it'll make EVERYTHING so much more simple for you! To answer your question, though, assuming the textures are unpacked as loose files into the data directory, they should be prioritized over the Bethesda BSAs.

I am using MO though. This is what I'm talking about

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

Oh. Then you might need to make sure your mod order is proper. Priority 0, 1, et cetera, all should be your base Bethesda BSAs. You might have it inverted, as I did once. Because that does NOT look like it's even Bethesda's High-Res Textures being used.

Well I have the plugins sorted by LOOT whenever I add mods. Some textures are high quality, some aren't. Maybe the 2k pack doesn't affect ruins or something? Is there supposed to be an ESP?

Apoplexy posted:

Oh. No, it does not.

Oh, that's annoying becuase it has this screensot on the mod's page

nexus6 fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 26, 2016

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Well I moved the load order around and the game certainly looks good, I don't know if it's the placebo effect though.

I'll look into SMC when I've got more time

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm finally able to start a playthrough and stop modding (for now).

I thought I could do this but I keep needing my 'new mod' fix

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a pony to the knee

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

What's the best way to work out why my game crashes/freezes? Is there a crash log?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Find where you are crashing and look for mods that alter anything related to that.

Well the problem is it isn't consistent. I could freeze while walking down a road but when I re-load the save and go to the same area it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Mortimer posted:

and confirmed you have the skyrim crash fixes SKSE mod?

I do but maybe it's not in the right place in my load order because I've been relying on LOOT to do that for me

• Locked thread