Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hurrah, I can unbookmark the subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cerevisiae posted:

Is anybody else having an issue with the newer versions of ENB where sometimes just looking in the direction of a random spot will cause your FPS to drop down to 1 and stay there until you look away? Ever since I updated to .212 even with really low stress ENB configs like Project ENB's Maximum Performance option when I get a steady 40 to 60 FPS there will be random times when a spot just kills FPS for no discernible reason. A tent in Stonechill, a bush by the side of the road, a rock by Dawnstar. I can circle it with my back to the points at full FPS but if its on the screen at all I get 1 FPS.

I had a similar issue, but I dropped to 1 FPS whenever I looked at anything that wasn't the sky or the ground. The solution was that I hadn't specified the VRAM in the enb config. Is it possible that got reset when you updated?

e:

Also is there an alternative to Armed to the Teeth? The amount of glitches that has is atrocious and at this point I'd rather just play in first person. Further, I have no idea how to setup Joy of Perspective to work properly with bows when sneaking, the aiming is always so out of whack that I can't hit anything (which is a shame because otherwise the mod is great).

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

looks like exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

J-Spot posted:

If you're looking to start a new game then Falskaar is a good option. It's about 20 hours worth of new quests and dungeons that are pretty well made and do a good job of mimicking the official content, and you can pretty much head straight to it with a new character.

The problem with that is if you've got +100 mods installed and have to go and find which ones need to be reinstalled with Falskaar support. Which reminds me, is Wyrmstooth good?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So I haven't touched the game in months, and my mods are probably horribly out of date. I think Steam has been updating the game in the background since then. Would I be better off to just start from scratch?

The last time I used TPC was like, August 2013.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SolitarySolidarity posted:

I would. I'm in the same position. I hadn't played in months and just decided to start from scratch. Most of my mods had tons of editions released which patched various bugs and incompatibility issues. Although updated mods can create more incompatibilities with others. I think a modded Skyrim is the one game you want as bug free as possible.

Fair enough, at least it'll be a bit easier this time what with already having the list of mods I want.

• Locked thread