Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Apoplexy posted:

[SkyUI] also does hotkeys, so More Hotkeys Please is also worth ditching from the OP.

It does? How? I've been using MHP and I love how powerful it is, but it's also slow as gently caress and random keys keep getting stuck all the time.

All I need are single-press keys that equip a different spell in each hand, and keys that cycle through shouts/powers. gently caress that autocast noise.

edit: I guess you're talking about the favorites grouping, but I can't quite figure out how to make that do what I want.

Inverness posted:

SPERG seems really promising. I think I'll need to start a new game soon enough to check it out.

I love the idea of perks that allow a skill to be used in different ways with other skills.

SPERG is loving awesome, and you should get it immediately. I played a shitload of vanilla at launch and SPERG makes the game at least 2x as fun just by itself.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Inverness posted:

My current character is level 52. It's a bit late for me to dump in something like that. I will try it with my next character. And this time I'll actually use the illusion school for once.

Yeah it pretty much requires a clean save. Every perk tree is overhauled. Maybe if you reset all your perks and saved first, but still not a great idea.

I'm looking through my list to see what mods I can recommend, and one that's not in the OP yet is the Excellent Racials Package. Basically triples all the powers/abilities that each race gets, making them all much more interesting and unique. None of them have felt terribly overpowered to me as of yet, but I'm only running two characters right now, an Orc and an Argonian.

The Orc is an illusion necro, and one of her new ablities is shockwave, which causes a mini earthquake when you jump, once per combat instance. It's hilariously antithetical to the character, but that's my own fault for trying to be edgy with an Orc mage I guess. It's pretty fun to be able to knock everyone down when I get discovered though - unless I'm in a town, in which case I just aggro'd every single NPC for miles around. :banjo:

Still a very fun mod, just check your poo poo before rolling a new character.

Oh poo poo, also Skytweak. Let's you change just about anything about the game on the fly. Can't imagine playing without it.

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 3, 2013

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Morgoth posted:

Erring on the side of caution here, can someone clarify wether or not I should use a new save after installing SPERG?

If you make a backup save first, you've got nothing to lose.

• Locked thread