Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

could i have that list of dangerous/outdated mods?

Yeah same. That sounds like really useful resource, that I had no idea existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Raygereio posted:

But the problem - besides the obvious one of modder drama - is that setting something like that up would take a lot of effort & time. Far more then it would take you to mod your own game. It's just not attractive project.

Im kind of hazy on details, but wasn't that the main reason modpacks never took off in Skyrim? I vaguely remember that long ago, some dude tried to create modpack for Skyrim, then one of the mod authors threw a tantrum because including his mod in a modpack is clearly stealing his work and swore that he will never allow his mods to be included in any mod compilation, some other mods authors agreed with him and it pretty much sunk the whole project. And from that point on, everyone just gave up on modpacks, because gently caress dealing with that poo poo.

On the other hand, you have things like S.T.E.P. wiki and its various packs, which are basically step-by-step instructions how to get the game exactly the way its author envisions and are basically modpacks with tons of unnecessary extra work involved (but no feathers ruffled),

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mr.Grit posted:

I've always enjoyed dco except for it inevitably glitching out on me and suddenly I'm trying to fight 7 dragons at once, regardless of the settings I've chosen. An awesome sight to see for sure, but also kind of game breaking when it happens in a city.

My problem with dco is that it was almost certainly meant for characters who heavily invested into ranged combat, either bow or magic. When I played it with my mage, it was slightly annoying, but kinda ok overall, but it made my two-handed barbarian playthrough miserable. Almost every fight took at least 45+ minutes, most of it spent either twidling my thumbs and waiting for the dragon to land, or twidling my thumbs and waiting to come out of stunlock from the many, many sources of stagger and knockback that the mod gives to almost every action the dragon makes. Also fighting 2+ dragons was pretty much unwinnable, unless I kited them into city guard/legion patrol/giant camp, becouse they could easily keep me stunlocked litteraly from full health to death. It was difficult all right, just not very fun.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Skimming through the new OP, I would like to ask what are the issues with OBIS (Organized Banditry in Skyrim) that landed it in Disrecommended mods? I had it installed for a while and so far, I didnt notice anything horrible - it just made bandits more varied and tougher, as advertised.

• Locked thread