Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
While I'm here, may I immodestly plug Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips for inclusion? Quoting the info file, "It removes all of the loading screen hints and tips in the game and replaces them with a blend of helpful, enlightening, confusing, untrue, insane, funny and/or peculiar observations from Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness."

To my astonishment, it seems to have somehow gathered over 1000 endorsements. It's been a while since I last checked. I am, actually, touched. In the head. And also... Well, maybe not, eh?

When I have the time, I do now plan to update it to include the DLC tips, some of the more popular mods, and additional general rambling craziness, but not until my life is a little less hectic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

ded posted:

This is the best mod ever made for the ANY game.

Mzbundifund posted:

It's true, SPERG and Uncle Sheogorath's are the first mods I install.

Wow. Thank you both. Seriously, that's really lovely of you. Also, ded, I'm disturbed to note that your username is the first three letters of my surname. It must be a sign of some sort. Probably involving ham.

So there really does have to be an update if people -- you and you, for example -- actually like the damned thing.
I'll get my thinking cap on.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

duggimon posted:

So I haven't updated Skyrim since February missing the last big official upgrade I think. I was wondering if updating the game and updating my list of mods, adding the DLC and any additional required patches would make my current saves unplayable. I suspect it will but thought I'd ask as it's a relatively small list of mods.

It's never possible to be absolutely sure until you try, but Skyrim saves are often surprisingly tolerant of updating and adding. Give it a shot! I don't see anything too bitterly jealous in your current modlist.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Rommel1896 posted:

My Dark Brotherhood quest line seems to be stuck somehow. I've killed the first set of three targets but since then months of game-time has gone by with no updates. Both Astrid and the Redguard guy say they have nothing new for me. Is there any console command I can enter to advance the quest, or am I just stuck?

Does this page help? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Whispers_in_the_Dark

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

sauer kraut posted:

Did I do this right?

Looks good to me!

• Locked thread