Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I uninstalled Interesting NPCs because I found their voice acting to be generally low-quality, and I could always tell when they were added in by the mod because they NEVER SHUT UP. You walk up to someone in a tavern and they spill their entire life's story at you with zero prompting. I got to the point where I'd talk to someone to see if they had a quest, get five or six uninterrupted screens of text before I can say anything, and go 'Oh you're one of them.' and exit out of the conversation, so I just uninstalled it. I don't use followers ever, so I never got much out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I just wish the aMidianBorn armor textures weren't so dark. They're significantly different in color tone from the vanilla stuff, and it bugs me.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

In my view, you don't need MO depending on what exactly you're modding. Personally, I don't use Frostfall/Realistic Needs/etc because I don't like those gameplay mechanics. I don't use ENB, I use RCRN instead which is self-contained. The only real gameplay changer I use is SPERG which installs just fine, and it's not like I'll ever be turning it off. For my personal uses, NMM works fine. 800+ hours and trucking.

If you DO plan on having a lot of complex, interacting mods, or writing your own and testing them, then yeah, I can see being able to individually turn them on and off through different profiles would be useful, but it's not for everyone.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

Im_Special posted:

Is there a mod that makes hunting for book skills less tedious? I can't be the only one who has no interest in reading all those books, yet I always hunt for them and click on everyone just in case there's a skill point attached to it, a mod that displays something like "+1 1h skill" on hover would be excellent if something like that exists.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10012/

Unread Books Glow. Gives a slight glowy overlay to any book you've never read before. Spell books glow green, skill books glow red, normal books glow blue. As soon as you read them, all copies of them won't have the overlay again. Helps a lot for people who like to collect one of each book (me).

• Locked thread