Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Davoren posted:

I found this cool little mod that lets you gamble on a dice game in taverns, and it got me thinking about how unconnected I feel to the game world. Are there any other good mods out there that add more little things like that to make the world feel a little deeper? All the ones I've found so far seem to be going for the "backbreaking peasant labour" niche.

I can't offer you any advice, but yeah. That's a big gripe of mine in Skyrim. I maintain that Red Dead Redemption had one of the best implementation of an open-world regarding immersion. I would spend hours just playing dice and card games in the saloons.

Sorry for the derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm thinking about getting back in to Skyrim and blew away my install to start from scratch. Before for visual mods I was using the texture pack combiner. It appears that the book of silence mods are turning in to a complete texture replacer. How does that compare against TPC?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I think that project died a long long long time ago.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
It's been a year since I last played Skyrim, which I modded using MO. I'm starting over from a fresh install and am using MO 1.1.2. I have a Nexus ID and I've followed all the steps in the STEP Wiki to get it to handl NMM download links, yet it's still not handling the downloads. What am I missing?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

It's been a year since I last played Skyrim, which I modded using MO. I'm starting over from a fresh install and am using MO 1.1.2. I have a Nexus ID and I've followed all the steps in the STEP Wiki to get it to handl NMM download links, yet it's still not handling the downloads. What am I missing?

Just wanted to follow up that I figured out it has something to do with Google Chrome not handling NXM links well. I'll followed steps to fix this, but to no avail. It appears I need to use Firefox for downloads through MO.

• Locked thread