Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ghostwoods posted:

Wow. Thank you both. Seriously, that's really lovely of you. Also, ded, I'm disturbed to note that your username is the first three letters of my surname. It must be a sign of some sort. Probably involving ham.

So there really does have to be an update if people -- you and you, for example -- actually like the damned thing.
I'll get my thinking cap on.

Uncle Sheo's comments are a favorite part of my game. Really great stuff. You really need to add a comment on the Falskaar author claiming a completely bug free mof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's very close to vanilla Skyrim in tone and quality but the content is a bit sparse for the map size.

It has one of the longest unending dungeons ever. In the middle of it, the thought hit me that the scariest thing would be a friendly voice out of nowhere going "How's it going?" The mod could have used that kind of imagination. Instead t was "Here's more drauger, isn't this epic?" If you are going to do something on this scale, bring some variety. Instead the mod is just more and more and more of vanilla Skyrim.

There are a good number of bugs which is hilarious because the Mod creator announced loudly that there wouldn't be any bugs to find.

I did like some of the discussion sequences mainly because I hadn't see it done that way before. It was fun to kick around.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Can anyone recommend a mod for the Thieves Guild questline that allows me to complete it without agreeing to eternal servitude?

The eternal servitude happens after you're dead. if you play Skyrim enough you end up pledged to a half dozen of so demigods upon shuffling of Skyrim's mortal coil. Seeing as how the game never lets you have an afterlife and if it did you'd probably be able to kill whatever tried making a slave out of you it's probably never going to be an issue.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I have a request. Does anyone know of any suit and tie mods?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Tzarnal posted:

Immersive Armors updated to version 7, I'll just leave this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTZNu7c5_9s

Those are insane.

Fake edit: I really would like to find a business suit mod for Skyrim. I know there's a Sheograth suit mod but it would be a three piece suit or trench coat mod.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Also, for people with high-end textures and heavily-modded installs and good computers, you may very well be looking at the end of the Infinite Loading Screen and poo poo. http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/1vjcuw/ctdfreeze_memory_fixes_this_guy_pretty_much/

Is there a copy of this elsewhere? The Mega link doesn't work.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

UNP is fairly balanced as far as replacement figures go (I haven't done much with CNHF) CBBE is the one were all the women turn into Russ Myers dream women. All the really weird stuff is more CBBE centered.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

???? I've used Showracemenu to adjust my character a number of times and have never had stuff go away and I haven't had any issues with progressing. Am I just oblivious?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I'm having a CTD when I go to collect the moths in the Dawnguard stuff and I'm trying to remember where the error log exists or even if an error log exists.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

doctor 7 posted:

I gave my daughter some lovely crit chance + dagger and now she spends all her time practice shanking the gently caress out of a practice dummy.

I'm not even joking, every time I come into my home or wake up I just hear the dagger unsheathe. It's kind of loving creepy.

Future Dragonborn

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I there a mod where a ring or amulet could have a constant effect Calm spell?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Calm is a spell, not an enchantment. Will it still work?

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Feb 8, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Squeegy posted:

Skyrim belongs to the modders

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE MODDERS!!

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I can't believe what a hosed up perspective on modding so many people have here.

Mod makers aren't some kind of authority figure for you to rail against, they are just other nerds playing video games like you. There's no barrier to entry whatsoever, any one of you could easily upload some bullshit to the nexus right now and become a "mod author." When you use TES5Edit to fix some kind of stupid compatibility issue, bam, you just made a loving mod. Just because you made it doesn't mean you are obligated to share it. And just because you share it doesn't mean you're obligated to... do anything else, ever. If you want to take your ball and go home, maybe that's a dick move, but it's your prerogative.

If somebody has personally been a dick to you, then you don't have to talk to that person or share your stuff with that person ever again, if you don't want to. That's not an abuse of power because it wasn't loving power to begin with, it was you and some other idiot playing a video game together and you decided not to play with that guy anymore. The power to decide who you do and do not play video games with is not exactly earth shattering.

Seriously, who the gently caress cares if you have beef with some modder and they're not letting you use their stuff? Who the gently caress cares if it was "unfair?" That poo poo is between the two of you. Somebody presses the block button on you, you can just go use a different mod. Not as if they can ban you from the entire internet.

I've with you until the whole "can't play with my stuff" thing. It's a really immature attitude. "Don't talk to me" that's making your life more peaceful by not dealing with idiots. "I'm taking my toys" is grade school level thinking designed to punish someone for not getting along with you.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 29, 2016

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

This is a bit like going to a free concert and having one of the musicians is ordering certain people to leave.

If it's one screaming drunk it's one thing. If it's "You and you and you and you (and so on)" it's another thing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

People can have issues mistaking praise/criticism of something they've done (or a position they've taken) with praise/criticism of them. Maybe modding takes an extra level of social ineptitude in order to spend the time it takes to develop something amazing. What you do is not who you are. Maybe it takes some miles under your belt to see that or to no longer care.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Combined Ultimate Natural Terrain.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Nazeem's absolutely Zealous Immersion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Cat Mattress posted:

Some smug douchebag who makes millions by photographing other people's art and blowing them up. Calls it "appropriation art".
http://hyperallergic.com/152762/richard-prince-inc/

Roy Lichtenstein taken to a whole new level.

• Locked thread