Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay, I've finally crawled out from under the post-holiday "all your regular responsibilities are back and more so" heap to actually get a fresh viewing of Speed Racer in and I'm formally ready to start work on an essay. Screencaps may not be feasible since my MBP has no Blu-Ray functionality, but I'll see if I can scare up any images.

My basic thesis will be something about how the movie's cartoon imagery strips away the familiar baggage of racing and sports to reduce it to a pure state, which goes hand in hand with the plot being about reclaiming the purity of competition from greed and corruption.

I like this idea a lot. I absolutely love Speed Racer and am glad to see one of you writers has taken up the mantle of defending it's greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Another successful goon project.

• Locked thread