Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Can someone better than me do Dreamcatcher?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dreamcatcher.htm

Budget 68 Million
Dom Gross: 33 Million

I'm not too sure what exactly the filmmakers were thinking when they made this. On paper it sounds lie it would profit: "Morgan Freeman starring in an adaptation of a Stephen King novel with an alien invasion."

For those of you who have actually seen the film- that's not quite what it's about. It's rare to see a movie that shifts the plot almost becoming a completely different film by the end. It destroyed the career of Lawrence Kasdan but also helped give Damian Lewis his first mainstream movie. It has it's faults but the movie is tremendously entertaining. It's not quite like Independence Day as the "government vs. aliens" plays a very minor portion in the movie. There are some genuinely good ideas like "memory warehouse", but some that just fall flat like the shitweasels. While I've never read the book I hear it's a very close adaptation and maybe it if it were played more loose it would have done better business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

He had some stumbles but it wasn't like he had zero star power. People knew who he was when casted as Neo for the Matrix. I'm fine with, "Not A List" if that's what Random Stranger really meant. Keanu had been around for a long time by then and was still relevant making movies. He wasn't Mickey Rourke on a comeback.

How about this: Keeanu had enough movies after Speed came out to not be considered a bankable star.

• Locked thread