Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'd like to contribute one...

Hugo (2011, Martin Scorsese)

Production Budget: $170 million
Domestic Gross: $73 million

This is the sort of film that's going to become a classic in the future, but underappreciated at the time. While part of the underperforming is due to the large budget, Paramount made the stupid decision to release it the same weekend as Breaking Dawn Part 1. It also had a weak marketing campaign. Hugo barely broke even after worldwide gross. I don't think it's failure as the large budget shows in every shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

weekly font posted:

56 Million Domestic on a 60 Million budget. OP says don't count international.

Not that ParaNorman doesn't deserve more exposure, but isn't that kind of close to be considered a bomb? It made back 90% of its budget just in the US. Not exactly a blockbuster, but that seems to be quite good.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Vargo posted:

He's gotta be talking about the Matthew Lillard joke.

Maybe it's Kevin McCarthy's cameo...

He shows up for a few seconds as his character from Invasion of the Body Snatchers yelling "You're next!" in a hall, complete with being in B&W.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I think my write-up isn't very good and had some stuff going on. I'm going to drop out of this consider it's a few days after. Maybe next time.

• Locked thread