Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I would like to put my name in for The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, with a total budget of $46.63 million and box office takings of $8,083,123.

I'm a big Gilliam fan and this a Brazil are my favourite films of his (I dont want to do Brazil because there has already been a whole book written about that). This is the final part of Gilliam's 'Imagination Trilogy' and looks at how in old age how our life stories can become our tall tales and whether these versions are in not some way true. Its also a really interesting film visually with Gilliam's trademark wide lenses and imaginative designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Ok, to make mine official.

Pitch:The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Budget:$46,630,000
Box office:$8,083,123

The first part of Terry Gilliam's Imagination Trilogy, Time Bandits did very well at the box office however the subsequent two films would not recapture this success. After Brazil lost money and caused huge disputes with studio executives there was some trepidation about Gilliam's next project. By completion The Adventures of Baron Munchausen was massively over-budget and those in the studio who weren't against Gilliam before production certainly were now. This resulted in a terrible release for the film which doomed it to failure at the box office.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is probably the least well remembered film of the trilogy with Time Bandits' success and Brazil's cult popularity and this is something that I think does the film a disservice. It is a comic, touching film that deals with how we reflect back on our lives and how our memories can be altered by imagination. I intend to show how well this film succeeds in capturing these themes and that it is not only an equal part of the trilogy but also a fitting and hopeful end to Terry Gilliam's investigation of the power of imagination.

• Locked thread