Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I'll call Tank Girl and have a proposal in a bit. I may propose something else depending on how busy I get the next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Tank Girl

Budget:$25 million
Gross:$4 million

Tank Girl tanked at the box office (thanks, I'll be here all week!), yet can we call "the ultimate grrrrl movie" a failure? A shaved head punk heroine and a pack of mutant kangaroos battle Malcolm McDowell (who thought the amount of scenery he chewed when he killed Captain Kirk was too tame, and thus quadrupled his efforts here!) and his water controlling syndicate in a post-apocalyptic future where Mad Max would be right at home. Tank Girl's ambitious energy manifests itself by jumping between narrative and segues, including a musical number! Based off the cult British comic series, Tank Girl has to ride the line between the comic's surreal tone, random elements, and often lack of a coherent narrative and producing a film that told a story that audiences could follow.

Tank Girl faced middle-aged white executives arguing about what "cool" was in board meetings, cast changes, some of the dumbest focus groups in test audience history, forced edits (including the final scene!), desperate animated segments to cover those chops, and alienation of the comic creators, yet still pulled off being an entertaining ride. Enthusiasm from Stan Winston's studio allowed Tank Girl's creature visuals to far exceed the budget, and the film is awash with practical effects just before the rise of digital CGI. Tank Girl's energy and pop culture saturation put it ahead of its time by a decade or two.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

What format do you want these in?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Mine is scheduled to pop up in about two weeks on my site anyway, I'll just post the link when it does.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Here is the Tank Girl piece I wrote for this - http://tarstarkas.net/2014/05/tank-girl-review/

• Locked thread