Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

That's a sick flaming horse, I bet this guy has a really cool second form

oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

RIP

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

I Love You! posted:

1 Pearl a cast would be reasonable to be honest, even at a low research level. It would at least take some setup to make a machinegun gang.

Duel is already 1 pearl per cast

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

John Lee posted:

I fully admit to being a scrub, but can somebody tell me why the Fravashi is so good? It looks 'pretty good' to me, which is about where it should be for thirty astral pearls. I mean, astrals are kinda easy to get, but thirty is still a notable chunk. The paths let it be good at support, but it doesn't look as good as some other stuff as a thug, so the holy seems like it's a fallback measure.

Am I way off here? Inform me.

edit: Also, the pretender chassis on the previous page are pretty cool, but I had understood that low Astral on a Pretender is basically a deathwish, idiotic, suicide move, as anybody who notices it will Mage Duel him as soon as they notice. Wrong again?

There are a lot of national summons that are very similar to the Fravashi in the 25-35 pearl range, and the Fravashi is just a little bit better than all of them

e: the 15-gem pairika is absolutely insane though

Samog fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 26, 2014

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
i disagree

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
orly's map was bad but i wouldn't blame our victory on the map

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ty.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
Caelum /ˈsiːləm/ is a faint constellation in the southern sky, introduced in the 1750s by Nicolas Louis de Lacaille.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

garth ferengi posted:

Whole lot of hurt feelings in this thread

manner please

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
please only cast nice globals

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
Hey everybody check out the new let's play thread

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Stevefin posted:

Man i really need to get better at this game to even understand most of this

Come sit in irc and ask a million questions.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the last point of precision comes from tstrike's inherent +2 precision bonus, so it won't be visible on your sidhe lord's stat sheet

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
hey singleplayer-only crew, come join this newbie game

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
also new player crew. new player crew should also join the newbie game

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the correct term is "ponymans." this is also the singular form, e.g. "i got attacked by a ponymans"

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

amuayse posted:

Doesn't parry work different in Dom4?

only for ranged attacks

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ghosts don't double anymore

e: Another newbie game is starting

Samog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 6, 2014

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
join the newbie game gunnerkrigg avatar guy

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

no!!

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the only thing anyone knows about how fear works is that the manual is wrong

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Turin Turambar posted:

Mmm how is supposed to be read?

Something like "If you have at least Nature 1 in your magic paths there is a chance an event creating a magical site called "The Gate of Deeper Slumber" that gives you 2 nature gems and increase sloth in said province?

If a province has sloth scales / missing productivity scales that can't be explained by events or enemy dominion, that province must have the Valley of Shame or Gate of Deeper Slumber, and so you should probably search that province with an N1 mage

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
big druids could be recruited from any fort

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I love playing MA Ermor. I also may be turning into Neruz, send help.

please don't turn into neruz

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Neruz posted:

What is it with Goons and never, ever doing anything to stop MA Ermor. I'm beginning to think the only reason Goons hate MA Ermor is because they're too afraid to do anything from all the spooky scary skeletons.

shut up neruz

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
clouds just do their thing at the end of the casting army's turn. nothing else matters

Samog fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 12, 2014

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Isn't there an equal chance of the casting order going from first->last and last->first?

only for ritual casting

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

ChickenWing posted:

Fire magic doesn't have enough going for it, and the entire nation is shut down by a single spell (Rain).

rain is just one item on a long list of reasons why ea abysia is worthless

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
jesus christ

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Libluini posted:

Eh, sometimes you have a bad start, sometimes you have a good start. That's just the way the dice fall.

But looking again at that map, it seems other players are sitting on all good provinces I can see around me. Will I be settled with lovely provinces for the foreseeable future? Only time will tell!

At least I guess I can go and punch some Zotz. Zotzs. Zotzes?

sometimes the map with the cluster of five swamps should have been rerolled half a second after it was generated

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
that is an insanely bad tier list

e: the teamliquid one, not hatwer's

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ATTN: Gunnerkrigg avatar guy

please join the new newbie game, GunnerkriggAvatarGuy

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

goatface posted:

The sticks and stones ammo is not marked as flammable in the mod inspector.

the flammable / ferrous weapon tags visible in the mod inspector are part of an unimplemented equipment material system and don't have any in game effect

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Jabarto posted:

Christ dude what is your problem?

join the newbie game, gunnerkrigg avatar guy

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
the lore for abysia and caelum is insanely bland once you get past "people made out of magma" and "people with bird wings"

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

AmishSpecialForces posted:

Checking the patch notes it seems Illwinter made P/S weapons slightly less poo poo underwater and re-jiggered some underwater spells and items. Is this the big UW patch that was mentioned previously? It seems kinda underwhelming. I just want my fish-mans to be viable.

if that's all there is to the big underwater patch then fishmen will never be viable

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

jsoh posted:

to all the new people i would like to point out that the manual was written by a fan and has a bunch of lies/assumptions in it, and also the dude who wrote it "likes mystery" and as such refuses to explain some things (because he doesnt loving know)

there is a lot of very good stuff in the manual even if it avoids talking about some things (horror marks)

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
raven feast will convert air to death at a 1:1 ratio with only 36 corpses, if you want to pretend you are spooky pelagia

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Mister Adequate posted:

Is Gift of Reason at all useful? I can see it being good for letting you equip an already strong unit with powerful items, but I'm not nearly experienced enough to know a) whether that is true and b) which units would benefit most from it. EA Atlantis, currently.

it's ok if you get something stupid from an event or land an enslave mind on a big mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Turin Turambar posted:

And in the "worthless items" category, today we have this level 8 bad dude

Is there any super unit of size 1 which would be good enough to use in combat with this? Or is this just a "lore" item taken from a rpg campaign of the creators?

look at the stats on that thing it's great

• Locked thread