Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Signed up for the GGS after buying this in an exhausted stupor just now. What have I loving done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I literally bought two copies for 25 each less than 24 hours ago because the sale from then was wrapping up. What the gently caress, Gamersgate. :smithicide:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jBrereton posted:

There's also quite a big strategic impact of taking heat/cold scales in terms of early expansion into first war threat. Since river crossing requires Sailing, Amphibious or Cold on both sides of a river province, a nation with high Heat is a lot less susceptible to being attacked at the arse end of Year 1 into Year 2.

I can't find it on the dom3 wiki, but does this mean a positive heat scale dominion basically means you're hosed w/r/t rivers until you find a bridge or such? EA Abyssia is really awesome so this question is important to me :ohdear:

edit: I totally somehow missed that I can cross mountains instead, that's good. :downs:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 14, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

The dinomod spearmen are 587 years old for some reason and thus completely useless.

Do they just turn into dust the moment they're recruited or something

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

So I'm playing as MA Marignon in a game and I found a site with special text about how it dated pre-fall Ermor and stuff and we can't manage to open it up right now. It's giving me a death gem every turn which is nice but is it possible to open it up somehow? It mentioned swampmages or such in it but I haven't seen any and the mod inspector doesn't list any other special mages that Marignon can get in MA.

Was it fluff or do I just park mages on it and wait to see or what?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Ah, that explains it then. I guess I'm gonna aim to conquer the C'tis in the game and see if I can't grab one of those mages to park on it.

I hope it spits out something horrible right next to my capital if I can manage it. :allears:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Darn. Guess I'll just spitefully murder them and try to get to wish I guess. :frog:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Can the Wound Fend amulet help prevent old age afflictions on dudes too? I'm tired of my mages going senile on the front lines. :negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I know I've only gotten one Vastness in the MP game I'm playing them in and I've had a dude in there since basically turn 2 with Luck 3. :I also got one of my hero starspawns and he summoned the vastness than vanished. A few turns ago I saw him kill a horror in a fight in Elsewhere or wherever it is but he still hasn't popped back up at my capital, it seems. :smith:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Here's a few of the more bad ones, I don't know how many of these *require* mis3 and some require other scales but you'll see them a lot more the more misfortune you have

Province revolt: you instantly lose a province without a commander in it, any units rout to adjoining provinces and any PD are dissolved, also increases turmoil and unrest in the province. Probably doesn't happen to provinces with a fort in them
Plague: lose 50%? of population in a province
Ancient Presence: almost all population in a province dies, a bunch of mandragora spawn led by a mandragora commander
Bogus: Bogus and friends appear in your provinces, they like to snipe commanders and can rout much larger armies this way
Magic is Fading: all your bitcoin vanish

I got Magic is Fading with Luck 3. I think the only requirement is Drain to some level or another. I'm wondering if it's a flat number or a percentage of your gems myself because I lost a bunch of the ones I didn't have income for that I'd been saving for forging. :smith:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I assume for faster research/expansion/guy who can forge fire helms and poo poo for your other plebs?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

The same patch that gives Caelum some sacred archers also removes the bug that makes flaming arrows/weapons so strong. The fire damage will now only happen if they arrows themselves did damage. Even then, fire bless is only 6 AP damage, so your target needs to be more or less naked to notice.

Wait, does this include the spell or just the f9 bless? Don't make my archers useless again illwinter :negative:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Goon multiplayer games are the best. :allears:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm willing to drop from the newbie game if I'm not enough of a newbie anymore. :shobon: I don't want to take a slot from someone who honestly does have less experience than me. I just can't seem to withdraw my application since I was the last one to sign up, so if the admin of the game wants to do that?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I still gently caress up everything on that list other than economy (and I'm pretty sure that's only because I basically always go full scales) :v:

I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm not dead in Newblood is the fact that everyone's pretty non-agressive.

edit: Since the game's already up I'll upload my pretender and stuff, but if another newbie wants to switch out with me and play as MA Man, I'll be happy to let them sub in!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

amuayse posted:

How do I go faster?

Boots of Quickness? :iiam:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Chainmail of Displacement :pseudo:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

This generator's loving hilarious

edit: here's the nation if you wanna experience this for yourself

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 3, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

This loving thing

edit: I will never get tired of Hoburgs riding things.

Here it is

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 3, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm not sure if this is better or worse.

enchanted

stick

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 3, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I wish 'stay behind' meant 'stay in the back field' and not 'hump the clump'

Stop loving running up to the hydras idiots. :argh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jsoh posted:

Since people asked for information about the cool as heck random nations game I'm in: sometimes heavy infantry means really heavy infantry (like 19 prot, 9 encumbrance) and sometimes "rangers" means dudes with blowpipes and fists.

My two most hilarious dudes:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

amuayse posted:

Holy poo poo, Kitfox. Why must you put like 50 pd everywhere.

I Love You! posted:

He's playing the long con. After 5 or 6 games of that no one will attack him, ever

edit: seriously kitfox i hate you so much

Victor Vermis posted:

Dumping 1000+ gold into PD seems like less of a long-term strategy than using it to build a fortress+defensive structure(s).

I Love You! posted:

HE DOES BOTH

:c00l:

Scales 4 lyfe mothafuckas

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Seriously, being on IRC for active diplomacy is the number one thing I'd suggest to anyone. It makes it a lot easier to agree to trades/NAPs/etc. More than once I've chosen who to attack based on the pure fact that they weren't ever on IRC, because that means they probably don't have any allied backup. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Is that third random game still going to happen?

I'm gathering 12 nations from what I've generated to throw one up, and I think professor is still planning his. 4 should cover a huge portion of the interested people.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I generated nations one at a time until I had a bunch and then went through them looking for ones that seemed balanced at least on the advanced description page. No sacred hoburg cavalry with awe here :v: That's not to say I didn't look for sacreds that were nice, mind you. One nation has a berserker with an enchanted great club, for example.

A nation may have a few individually weak units, or no ranged, but there shouldn't be anything completely useless.

EDIT: For the record, if you want to do what I did above and then make a group of nations that plays nice with one another in a single mod file, there's an option on the second tab of the generator that lets you input sequential random seeds for generation. The seeds you need are the second set in the random nation's .dm file.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 7, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Third Nationgen game is up, visit the signups thread for info. :dong:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I think what I love best is how only one of his fists is enchanted.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Maybe if I could stack an F9 bless on top of the enchanted or something. Or he was riding a fossil giant :v:

It took me ages to realize that when adjusting research it only took from the highest bar until there was 2+ even, then it'd take from all equally. Now I can actually research more than 3 things at once when I have a bunch of points.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I hadn't had a chance to build a fort there yet. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Why are you spending all of your Sidhe Warrior gold on PD? :cripes:

but sidhe warriors have upkeep so it's less efficient to use them obviously?? :pseudo: my huge army led by lugh is currently on the other side of my poo poo site searching because i'm bad at this game, so i panicked and threw down 100pd when i saw two stacks by the province

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

No. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Always site search with your main army. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that this is a great idea because then your army can help the mage look for stuff so he doesn't miss anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4OBUupicWg

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Does anyone want to sub in for me as EA Atlantis in Waterworld? I'm currently storming AI EA Ryleh's capital, sharing uneasy borders with MA Ry'leh due to a united front against LA Ry'leh, who also went AI. :suicide:

I can't take it anymore, I'm ashamed to say.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

M_Bison posted:

This just happened.
I am so angry right now.

I am doing poorly in this PBEM, and now I get beaten by 1 PD. Dat crossbowman.

Chomp8645 posted:

My Kiddie Pool lesson of the day is that any soldier can have the spirit of a hero within him, even a lowly PD archer.

I had a random Ronin attack event on one of my provinces, 33 Ronin lead by a Ronin commander. I saw in my messages that I won the battle and didn't think much of it until I noticed that the province in question only had 10 PD and no garrisoned troops, meaning I probably should have lost. I loaded up the battle to see the 33 Ronin arrayed against my poo poo PD force of exactly 5 archers and 20 crap militia. I then marveled as, in the first and only round of combat, my archers opened fire. Four arrows harmlessly missed their targets. But the fifth arrow was different, for it was fired by an archer with the blood of Kitfox proudly coursing through his veins. It soared majestically across the battlefield and found it's mark in the enemy commander (who was randomly located within the Ronin blob) and slew him with that single shot. Now lacking any commanders, the Ronin force immediately brooked a hasty retreat. That single arrow strike was the only blood of the entire battle.

A CUTTING BLOW DEALT BY PD SUPREMACY

I had a 25pd province of fishmen smash a dedicated anti-pd thug because he got netted a few turns ago in Newblood. gently caress your vine shield god i hate vine shields :feelsgood:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

scales.png

i'm sad i didn't get to cast that con 9 mechanical men aid pd spell before everyone went ai, i wanted to see what a 100pd castle stack would have looked like :smith:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 30, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Dirk the Average posted:

Were you just not recruiting mages or something? I have no idea how you managed that without upkeep eating you alive.

scalded schlong posted:

Well, the only troops he has are PD, so that helps a bit.

Pretty much this. I basically only had one major troop stack composed of my prophet and my basic human dude infantry, the rest of it was mercs I kept hiring. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

those were lovely indi provinces my strategy is just fine you lost like 10 crossbowmen that first one shut up mrbims :cry:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

WaterIsPoison posted:

Has there been an updated hosting guide for Dom4? The one in PGS is outdated. I'm looking to host a game for a non-goon forum, so I don't think I can just use the goon service, right?

Curious about this too, since I hate having to bug someone else to host whenever I want to play with just a few friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Friends, let me tell you a story. The story of Bernardo the Retarded Witch Hunter.

Marignon always brings such heartwarming tales. :unsmith:

• Locked thread