Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

TheDemon posted:

And a global (evo 9, 80 w gems, W7 N5) that slowly domes all your provinces.

What are your initial impressions?

Also, is blood sac as a viable victory strategy dead?

Edit: that's the dominions I know and love - go ahead and equip this powerful magic item for which we have not mentioned any drawbacks. It'll be fiiiiine, we promise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Great Gray Shrike posted:

Diseases are now apparantly supposed to eat 1/10th hp per month rather than 1 hp per month, so they matter a lot more if they hit high hp creatures; I think that item will be used a fair bit.

As a gemgen with harvester of sorrows.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

I didn't mind the tweaks that got rid of awful gem-gen and hammer rushing. The boosts to the underpowered nations like Agartha and MA Ulm were nice too.

You should try zauper's mod. It's the best. And awesome mods are, well, awesome.

TheDemon's DE mod is basically dom3 as seen by TheDemon. Incredibly brutal and fast and try not to cut yourself on his giant knife blade fingers.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Kenlon posted:

I think I had quit playing Dom3 before that one came out - what did he change?

It's like the balance version of awesome. So, pretty much everything.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Roland Jones posted:

How hard is it to learn Dom3/4 modding? An idea I had for a mod was, well, basically something that tried to bring the bad nations up to the level of the good ones (and possibly bring the absurd ones down a peg or two) without going to AwesomeMod levels or drastically changing their feel. I like both yours and Ninja's ideas, but as you say, you guys put your own spins on them. I think it'd be kind of neat to be able to play all the nations the way they're "meant" to be (loosely speaking; I mean something close to their vanilla incarnations basically), minus the horrible sucking.

We tried to do this for the five(ish) worst nations in each age - making them not terrible. Not making them good, just making them playable. It's way more difficult than you would think to make a nation just OK vs making them OP.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Tulip posted:

A lot of the worst nations weren't really bad on the level of cost and efficiency, but on conceptual levels. Sometimes i can think of things that would really help without being absurd (EA Agartha's oracles should have more than 1 in their loving relevant paths), but i'm really at a loss to think of what would make Abysia or MA Oceania good while still being recognizable.

MA Aby was pretty good! For all the UW nations we made everything amphib for a start. For ea aby (and anyone with high elemental paths, really , we made a spell that was half regular damage and half elemental damage. So your f4-5 mages aren't totally useless after a five gem ring.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Fleur Bleu posted:

And mine.

You seem to get a lot of revolts and indie attacks with low pd now. If luck helps with that, it'd be pretty useful.

Are they targeting the low pd provinces? That would be wonderful.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Tulip posted:

Because i'm particularly bad at fire nations and also i was too lazy to specify that MA is better than EA or LA and just said "Abysia" because i wanted an example of a conceptually poor nation other than MA Oceania. And conceptually bad doesn't mean unplayable - it just means that making them good would make them very, very different.

You should try both DE and WM. :colbert:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Reason posted:

Despite having Dom 3 and now Dom 4 for years I still can't design a pretender worth a drat. Is there any good write up or advice that can help create good pretender gods for specific nations?

When in doubt, go scales. Here's what I did for Hinnom and some general thoughts on roles. http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3-(by-Lilli-et-al)/Update%20252/

A lot of it depends on the nation. Really you need to ask yourself "what is my pretender going to do for me?" If it's expansion of rush deterrent or an early research goal or just filling in magic paths or a bless then that will determine what your options are.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

I finished converting my Sawaiiki mod for Dominions 4 and I just have to finish pretenders and touching up a few sprites. They're a mid age nation btw.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77cdmwk12zsg0qz/Sawaiiki_Dom4_Version_1.rar

Can you give us a brief rundown of the nation?

Also, where are Kamapua‘a and Puapualenalena? This is important. Thank you in advance.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

I'm planning on making Puapualenalena a hero. I sorta already have Kamapua‘a. He's called the Consort of the Wild in the mod.
Always bet on Duke though.

Size 7. Stealth +100. :smugdog:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Anticheese posted:

I just won my first game of Dominions 4 in preparation for my second multiplayer game tomorrow.

Against the AI.

As LA Lemuria.

With maximum luck, disorder, death scales and doing nothing but summoning commanders to build more troops, and rolling temples everywhere. I'm probably going to get rolled by a real player. :negative:

Everyone gets rolled at first. It's just impossible to really understand the entire game and how all the pieces fit together initially. Particularly when you're fighting folks who have been playing iterations of the game for 10+ years ('sup Archaeo/internet superbot).

But you get just destroyed a couple times and you start to figure out what works and what doesn't and then one day it's your unstoppable demon hordes that are over-running the world. :hellyeah:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Zurai posted:

Just a couple comments from a very, very non-pro player:

This nation feels like it just gets too much. Sailing, recruit-anywhere sacreds with magic weapons, great if capital-only underwater troops and leaders, amphibious scouts with useful leadership scores, blood hunters, assassins, free points from heat scale (or at least so the description says; the heat scale in the pretender setup doesn't seem to think so), casters with a forge bonus, healing, fortune telling, recruit-anywhere strength 3 priests, oh and a bunch of national summons including unique high level summons. Heck, you even got fancy and included a mage and a few units that can't be recruited anywhere that has a castle.

I'm not saying that it's too powerful, because to be frank I am nowhere near good enough at this game to assess that. However, it does feel like someone just took pretty much every cool tag they could find and threw it into the pot. It's kind of scattered and unfocused. I like it as a concept and I love the flavor, but I think it could use a bit of tightening up and concentrating on what it's supposed to "do" as a nation.

It's too powerful. Happy to help.

What are their paths like?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

There are three main mages. I'm thinking of jacking up their price to like 230 or making them StR.
Each one is either A2, D2, or B2 with a 50% chance of +1 path bonus. They all have heal disease +1, except for the blood mage which has heal disease+2 and heal affliction +1. The Death Mage has a research bonus.
The Priests of the Four has either W/A and a 50% chance of W/A/N/S. The Priestess of Ruin has F and a 50% chance of F/A/E. They both have research malus.
The Ali'i Aimoku has H3 and Sailing and high leadership bonus, but costs 300. I'll probably make him StR.
The Menehune, which is a StR Forest-Recruit mage that is E2A2W1, but also has a research malus. Has a forge bonus of 1.
The Ilahi lord has poor-amphibian, an assassin tag of 0, has N1A1H1, Awe 1, Sailing, and an extremely good leader. StR, Cap only though.
I'm thinking of jacking up the prices all across the board gold wise and adjusting the sailing tag since sailing is actually pretty useful now.

Or... Crazy thought here: make them worse.

Right now your access is: A3, d3, b3, e2, w2, f2, n1, s1. You literally have access to every path, no disease, assassins with mistform, good leaders with sailing, h3(4 with prophet), research bonus, forge bonus, underwater, PEW PEW PEW LASERS :supaburn: and and and and and

Mod nations being OP is a thing. It is consistently a thing. There are lots of reasons for this thing. The solution is not making everything expensive, it is making things worse.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

Hmm. Maybe nerfing all the mages by 1 path? So it's A1, D1, and W1 with a 50% chance of +1? And sending the Priest and Priestess random paths down to 30%? Sailing will DEFINETLY be nerfed, and there will be a lot more nerfs when Kristoffer finally brings out coastal recruit like he said. I'll get rid of Menehune's forge bonus and replace it with a resource bonus when that mod command comes out.
Oh, and I'm adding Mo'o as a mountain recruit. I don't know if I should make them sentient or non-sentient.

Look at the ma nations, figure out how many paths their good mages usually have (iirc it's 4-5), look at their pricing and then price accordingly. I don't think the issue is having A3 or D3 or B3, but having access to literally all paths (at site searching levels for all but N). Sailing by itself isn't too much, but what other amphibious nations are there in MA? Are you making them the default UW power if there isn't a real UW nation?

S1 is sufficient to protect from mind hunt, magic duel and site search S.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

That does sound like a pretty good idea. I'll think about adding blood sac. The previous bloodmage could simply be a minor priest healer that has a small douse bonus.

You can also give the very expensive h3s a 10% chance of b1. Something like that. But I really do suggest looking at total paths for ma, deciding which paths you want to give and then using that as your primary framework. If most nations get one 5 level Mage and one two level Mage and they get 4 paths then that's one thing. If it's level 4 and level one and only two paths that's very different.

All of this ignores the recruit everywhere sacred with magic weapons.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

I was sorta going toward's Tien Chi's approach with lots of paths, no general specialty.
Here's the revised version then:
Priest of the Four H1 A/W with 30% NWAS Research Malus 175
Priestess of Ruin H1 F with 50% FWE Research Malus 150

Hoʻounāunā A1 with 50% AW Fortune Teller 10% 170
Nānāuli D1 with 50% ND Research Bonus 180
Oneoneihonua Disease/Affliction Healer 1 with 10% B 160

Menehune N2E1 StR Forest-Recruit 200 Gold
Mo'o N4W1 Sacred StR StR Mountain-Recruit 400 Gold

Ali'i Aimoku is H3 has 10% B and StR.

Nooooo, too much nerfing (who compares to five paths for 400 gold for a ma human mage?). I think (without checking too much) that caelum and ctis are the two nations with good recruit everywhere mages. And then there's shinu with one of, if not the, best mages in the game. The bakemono sorcs singlehandedly make shinu good. Anyway, the high seraph's and marshmasters both get six paths. From dom3 wiki, High seraphs are 270, marsh masters 220.

MA TC on the other hand gets cap only mages with seven paths and then recruit everywhere with only two (+10%). None of these nations get particularly great troops. Why not figure out which paths you want the nation to have (why the sudden focus on N instead of W/A/D/F/E? All of which seem equally appropriate for islands or sailing or volcanoes?) and then build around whatever your main Mage or mages are going to be? Also, I would be frustrated to play a nation where my best Mage is mountain recruit only. I would be very careful with terrain restrictions like that. Hinnom's wasteland only restriction on summons is, by way of example, just not fun to play with and that's just summons. Even if it is thematic. But just because the devs do unfun thematic things does not mean you should join them.

For what it's worth, I think you'd be fine with something like three different mages, one volcano (e/f), one water and sailing (w) and one jungle (n). Make the volcano and water your big ones and then the jungle the small ones and balance from there, bearing in mind that e/f is a good combo. Maybe a little more background on each of the mages (or cp/SS of their descriptions) would be helpful in apportioning paths.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

User0015 posted:

I think I'm going to try this out again.

I played a few games of Dom3 and really enjoyed them (even when I died horribly because I don't know how to make or deal with SC's, how to do communions, how to be diplomatic, how to....), but the interface really turned me off to the game, as well as how the game essentially boiled down to only a few real winning strategies. What is it: Wish for a certain unit, Tart spam, blood sacrifices and what else?

That was dom3 vanilla. Your options were gemgens (then, usually, wish spam), blood or tarts (d and n). Ideally all three ('sup Sauromatia).

I think in most mods you can reasonably win with any path being the primary path for your mages. I guess you could say that the latest metagame in dom3 was raiding, but I like to think that total war was always in style.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

LordLeckie posted:

:stare: A m-mictlan n-nerf???

The blood hunting nerf should probably count too.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

TheDemon posted:

Breath of the Dragon is ok, I personally prefer Poison Cloud, but the poison spells just don't have the punch other paths do and are far more situational. The mr-resist transform-into-things like frogs or whatever spells are actually good in Dom4 too, but high research and whatnot.

Oh yeah, that one too.

Nether darts?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Lilli posted:

This is absolutely the reason you should get Dominions 4 instead of 3. Multiplayer really makes this game, and the extra cost is totally worth being able to play multiplayer.

Also, monthly forging. :suicide:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

lokipunk posted:

Thanks for the advice! I plan to wait for doms4 to come out on steam (and funds have been a bit tight this month) before picking it up. One thing I am not getting is magic item crafting. Spells and stuff are starting to make some sense but the magic items system is just something else I need to jump headfirst into wikis for.

Look at this incredibly well-written LP that discusses just such a topic (among many others, including how great the fat guy from lost really is SO GREAT!!!).

http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3-(by-Lilli-et-al)/

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Mu. posted:

I bought Dominions 3 several years ago from Shrapnel, and it looks like my 'download period' with them has expired (haha okay) and that you can't activate their keys on Steam which is really unfortunate. I suppose if I wanted to get back into this game I should just wait for Dominions 4 to be released and buy that instead though eh, so that's what I'll do.

The Let's Play threads for Dominions 3 were absolutely what got me interested in this game in the first place (I know everyone says this), and watching a few people stream their recent Dom 4 blitz games on Twitch has been quite interesting too, so I hope people keep doing them! :)

You can just download dom3 from some shady Russian site and then use your valid key and it will work just fine.

But yeah, you should just buy dom4 because nobody is going to play dom3 anymore.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

For EA, don't get lots of Eagle Kings. Recruit primarily Spire Horn archers and mammoths and you can mow through most indies. Have at least 2 mammoths per army. Make sure you put your mammoths off to the side. Have a few spearmen to make sure you aren't completely defenseless if you get bum rushed. Later in the game when it's always stormy, try bring some Tempest Warriors since they can fly in storms. I'd only recommend Yazads if you have a major bless. Iceclad are good, but they're only move 2.
Research primarily Evocation with some Conjurgation and Construction. Getting Evocation to 5 is really important because Storm will become your bread and butter in the later mid game and late game. Orb Lightning and Thunderstrike will be your go to spells at first. Wrathful Skies with Storm kills everything on the battlefield that doesn't have shock resistance, so it goes well with your Tempest Warriors. Shimmering Fields is your final super battle spell but that's all the way at level 9.
Now Alteration or Construction are good schools to go off to since there's good stuff in both. Construction has the boosters like Bag of Winds, Winged Helmet, and Staff of Storms. Alteration lets you summons tons of illusions, and will absolutely wreck any army without MR. Fog Warriors at Alt 7 gives your entire army Mistform, so that's devastating as well. If you're really ballsy, you can bring up globals like Perpetual Storm which makes every province stormy. Fata Morgana also gives you illusion PD and boosts your income and production.
If for some reason you have a Harab and an unused Staff of Storms (unlikely), you can spam Corpse Construct. Basically meaty and shock/cold resistant undead. Not sure how useful they would be though.

:stare:

I think maybe it would be better to listen to TheDemon than to you. Because maybe this advice is not very good. Thunder strike and orb lightning require a lot of research and eagle kings are awesome.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gato posted:

Just trying out my first few games against the AI and wow, micromanagement hell is an understatement. I can see why this gets so engrossing :v:

A few newbie questions: am I correct in understanding that forts are best placed somewhere surrounded by forests and mountains? What is a good ratio of site-searchers to researchers in the early game? How much of a handicap is a European timezone to playing in multiplayer?

In general there are a few fort placement strategies I've seen. 1. Buy only the cheapest forts. Wherever that is. Usually forests. 2. Put forts in high pop provinces so you get the most long term benefit. 3. Put forts in choke points regardless of 1/2. So when you're playing and you see a fort that's not in one of those places (or that is right next to another fort) it's usually guarding something juicy.

Usually I like one or two mages of each path remote site searching. As a general rule, wait to research remote site searching until after you've hit your first research goal. I don't like manual site searching because I'm lazy and also other totally legitimate game reasons.

None. There are a fair number of European players and US players who are on IRC when you are/will be. Not being on IRC is a terrie hindrance to both learning the game and not getting attacked in MP (as is not talking to your neighbors).

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

I'm trying to figure out Late Age Caelum in Dominions 4. Harab Elders are StR and Cap-Only, and their troops get MASSIVE fatigue due to their armor. Their archers might as well be shooting rubber bands due to it being late age and shortbows. Roland Jones's line of mammoths work pretty well for expansion, but is also pretty expensive.
Construction 4 brings out earth boots, and that syncs well with your Iron Crafters, but that means you have to level alteration to get any decent earth combat spells.
Any suggestions?

In dom3 the answer was "la caelum kind of sucks but they can rain of stones and that is awesome." I would guess it's still pretty similar.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Jines posted:

Thanks! I like that approach - it's really fun trying to make the 'weirder' nations work and have zombies and cannibal giants rampaging around, but getting the basics down might help me survive the first year or two. I had one more question, actually - the most similar game I've played to Dom3/4 before is the Rome: Total War series. Is there as much differentiation in terms of rock/paper/scissors mechanics here? I.E. is there usually one or two all-around 'best' units for most civs, or do you need pikes to deal with cavalry, cavalry to deal with archers, etc? I guess it's harder to map on to some parts of this game, since I don't really know how "giant underwater tentacle thing" fits into that, but any help would be appreciated. This game is really awesome so far, though - the sheer depth of everything is absolutely amazing.

There are often best troops for a nation. Like jaguar warriors for Mictlan or Palankasha for Lanka or archers for caelum. While the other stuff can still be useful, it's not the same Rock Paper Scissors on a troop level as it is with total war and some troops are so good/efficient vs what else so available that you might as well just keep cranking out jags forever.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Here are some ideas about strategy:
1. Dom 10 SC pretender, rush nearest opponent.
2. Sacreds with 20-30 hp and15+str, w9 bless.
3. Sacreds with multiple attacks, f9 bless.
4. Ponymans, e4/6n9 bless.
5. Nation with good elemental mages, rush falling fire/frost/ blade wind/thunder strike, mass mages with a bit of chaff to guard and burn/freeze/shock everything.
6. Nation with astral mages, huge soul slay communions.
7. Blood nations - demon knights, devils or storm demons, astral corruption.
8. Tarts.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

goatface posted:

I just had a guy with Awe 5, Fear 5 & protection 18 die to unbuffed militia, light infantry and archers.

What am I not understanding here?

My money is on fatigue.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Also if you have freespawn or blood your turns will inevitably turn into micro hell because that's how those systems work.

Can't wait to start my first Dom4 multiplayer game. I'm sure my untested theorycraft pretender combined with a middling/weak nation will work perfectly on Lyre and deliver me to victory :haw:.

At least you're well on your way to sandbagging supremacy. :rimshot:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

LordSloth posted:

One of the Atlantis get a H4 hero. You know, to bless their... nevermind.

It's funny you should ask about H3 and H4 priests as Kailasa. If things haven't changed much, you are one of the few nations that can produce H4 priests on demand, albeit much much later in the game.

Summon Kinnara S3 Conj 6, 25 gems: Air 2 Astral 2 Holy 2
Summon Siddha S5 Conj 7, 35 gems: Air 2 Astral 3 Holy 3
Summon Devala S5 Conj 9, 55 gems: Astal 3, Holy 4
Summon Devata S5 Conj 8, 45 gems: Air 3 Astral 2 Holy 3

Only 55 gems and conj9. :suicide:

Kailasa really is terrible becAuse Jesus Christ just give a monkey h1s1or a priest with magic leadership that doesn't cost 360g.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

amuayse posted:

What are your guys' thoughts on pikemen/longspearmen in line formation versus things like sacreds/giants?

You want line for your sacreds so you don't get super blendy death machine 5000 sitting in the back of the blob waiting their turn to smash faces.

Pikemen/spearman are more like the dudes wearing red in Star Trek.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Re: pelagia, I'd just take an awake SC and beeline for land.

TheDemon posted:

SC Wishes are basically vanity items. Unless you only Wish for an SC once it's better to Wish up ways to get SCs by, like a Tart Gate caster or the gems to overwrite Gift of Health.

You want to Wish for:
Gems
Path Access
Gems
Armageddon vs blood
Gems
Blood Slaves sometimes
more Gems

The reason you Wish for gems is because it converts pearls to gems of all types at a ratio better than 1:1. You then spend the gems of the types you can use, alch the rest back to pearls, and recast Wish. This is what is called Wish Alchemy.

Let's say you spend 75 of the gems you get from a casting of Wish. You got 6x25 gems of the 6 types and 25 pearls. You alch the remaining 75 gems back to pearls, that gives you 62.5 pearls including the 25. So you spent 37.5 pearls for 75 gems worth of stuff.

Pelagia is especially good at this because their water gems convert to pearls 1:1. So even if you spend zero gems you get from wishing, you make a 25 pearl profit each Wish.

Also the chalice if you need that to heal tart afflictions and hammer of the forge lord if you're forging rings of wizardry.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Irony.or.Death posted:

I'm going to laugh and laugh the first time someone wishes for a hammer of the forge lord in Dom 4.

Not an item? :saddowns:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Well if you are just clearing indies, you can just use random shamblers, merfolk or fishmen. I was assuming it was to raid an actual player. Unless you have a scary SC you are basically just clearing indies for your neighbor who will likely take your poo poo immediately since you are pretty much powerless to stop them.

For those summons that require land, you can simply raid onto land against someone who won't immediately throw you off next turn, put down a lab, and summon. You can keep some water breathing stuff handy if you don't think you can hold afterwards and will need to retreat.

Alternatively, it's usually possible to negotiate with a friendly neighbor and buy a land province off of them.

Pelagia is pretty boss underwater and I'd focus on taking the whole ocean for myself before worrying about land.

I think this is a good way to lose the game as there are never remotely as many water provinces as land (and, consequently, gold, gems and thrones). The 1:1 conversion to pearls make a wish engine workable, but the research for that and throne victory condition make the very long game less likely to succeed, I think.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Irony.or.Death posted:

A Dai Oni is a mediocre to bad thug for people who are desperate or way too gold rich. What they're good at is battle magic. All of the battle magic. You want fire? Rocks? Banefire? More rocks, that fall out of the sky? Some life drain? Maybe some protection buffs for your oni hordes? A little lightning on the side, even? Dai Oni's got you covered.

Yeah, you bring up an interesting point though, which is how true does TheDemon want to be to the flavor of dominions 4. Because I think you would be hard pressed to reasonably argue that Yomi's flavor is anything other than sucker fools in and then punch them in the junk.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Flavahbeast posted:

against doom horrors you really want to kill or incapacitate the horror in the first round: the Devourer of Souls' Devour Soul always kills any (non-mindless?) unit it hits, but first it has to hit, and a lot of doom horrors have more than enough defense skill to reliably dodge a ATT 14 attack. Also, Devour Soul only hits one target. The eater of gods has 3 forms so it has to be killed 3 times, and you have to fight a bunch of lesser horrors too if you get attacked by this guy:

(this is all dom3 info but I'm assuming these dudes haven't changed too much)

You can always just banish/claws too, and in dom3 that guy's extra horrors bugged him so he didn't attack until they were dead and they all attacked one at a time.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

MR. :vd:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Lilli posted:

For what its worth I think B9F9W9 is a better bless for EA or LA mictlan, but I'd definitely say S9 is better for MA Mictlan. Eagle warriors are just too squishy relative to jags, but the more durability and two forms of jags makes them get more benefit from the BV and their second form with three attacks really benefits from a strength boost. That being said, I don't know if B9S9W9 would be better than taking F9, its an interesting idea that I'd be willing to try.

I agree with this except I really like f9 for jags for +atk and magic weapons for hitting a lot more and killing stuff with eth and mistform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Big Sean posted:

Might be a bug with invulnerability (25, from spell) and #secondshape; a snakeform lamia queen was rolling low teen protection rolls in the combat log against mundane weapons, instead of the mid 20's rolls she had been getting in human form. Unless I'm missing something, it looks like she was getting just the 10 base protection of the snake form, instead of any benefit of invulnerability.

No source of AP that I saw (i.e. weapon or fatigue).

Does she have invulnerability on the snake form?

• Locked thread