Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
It seems like, in addition to composition changes, you get a hell of a lot more PD in Dom 4. Been doing some games against the AI and end up with retardedly huge amounts of forces on chokepoints by the late game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
I love and miss you modders. The new path SC's in (Awesome Endgame?) were great. Grendles for water, Asynja for air, etc. I miss all them in vanilla Dom 4. On the other hand, it is certainly a significant improvement on Dom 3. I'll dick around in single player a bit more then jump back into multiplayer. I even won a game once in dom 3! Out of a dozen plus...

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Good to know about the Chalice changes. Seems like nature gems got even more valuable due to GoH being the only Tart healer. Was wondering why it wasn't working in a SP test game. Following on to that, it doesn't seem like gift of reason affects Tarts anymore. Is there some spell that replaces it? I didn't see any, but I'm pretty good at missing the obvious.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Thanks, I had assumed it was a death spell, and was kinda confused when I couldn't find it.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
I'm dicking around at a slow pace in SP, so I can hit the higher research levels to see what's new/different. SP seems to really just come down to making enough money to poo poo out PD everywhere. Assassinating AI commanders using either spells or actual assassins means their doomstacks hit your PD piecemeal. Not very strategic, but I'm enjoying learning all the new nations/units/spells etc.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
I also love the Agarthian backstory but find them painful to play. Used them in two multiplayer games in Dom 3 (EA) and...ouch. Just ouch. Both times I pretty much just said "gently caress it" and resorted to summoning vast piles of earth-based duders. Won't win the game, but it makes it really hard to siege the cap when every turn the defenders numbers seem to double.
I've since tried them in SP Dom 4 (EA) with equally pathetic results. I can't hold onto anything since the PD consists of earthworms given armor and weapons. Even tried doing a heavy bless on their giants, since hey, giants rule! Man, it was just sad.
Unrelated, do units with recuperation ever regrow arms? Had a Queen of Water, holding the Chalice, sit armless for dozens of turns with no result.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Speleothing posted:

There was a bug that prevented some armloss afflictions from being healed. Should be fixed - patch your game or contact Illwinter.

Now I've got a few poor bastards missing eyes. Won't regrow with both gift of health and chalice. I've got everything patched up, its really obnoxious to have an SC pretender missing bits. Is there any wish phrase that heals it?

Edit: On the Agartha suggestion front, I vaguely remember using a mod from Dom 3 that gave Agarthans a national spell that functioned like teleport. Path requirements meant only the EA Oracles could cast it. It was cool and unique, but not exactly game changing.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I thought that just had disease healer 1 or is it actually just healer 1?

From what the text says, that's disease only. I am under the impression that the Chalice (and gift of health) should cure everything.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

LordLeckie posted:

Im not sure what drives the gods, i summoned them in an SP game and 2 of them just sat on the throne of splendour for ages not moving at all, then one of them disappeered somewhere else and the other sat on the throne eating whatever i threw at it so i have no idea how really active they are. I put up the eyes of god and even then i could see much activity.

When I cracked it in SP I only got a single titan. He died to the (pen)umbral horde, then the second form as well. Killed most of the horde first, though. Never saw the other two titans at all.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
I was a sucker for UW nations in Dom 3 and have picked up 4 to fart around in SP. Do they every plan on buffing the fishpeoples?

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Checking the patch notes it seems Illwinter made P/S weapons slightly less poo poo underwater and re-jiggered some underwater spells and items. Is this the big UW patch that was mentioned previously? It seems kinda underwhelming. I just want my fish-mans to be viable.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

jBrereton posted:

I have a few days off, might properly finish up my amphibious mod that is actually just a "make them all land nations" mod.

e: Even if they completely redid UW province generation so that they Have Resources and other crazy poo poo like that, unless they change the code for how UW/Land nations work, underwater nations can't land recruits outside of forest/mountain/waste/coast recruitment. Plains are a big-old gently caress you despite being the kind of province that it's sometimes nice to get forts on just to solidify your income.

They'd also have to go for a pass over the aesthetically pleasing maps that come with the game and give them some mountain/forest/etc. attributes so they generate more resources.

What do you mean by "make them all land nations"? I've been considering trying to make a simple mod that would give water provinces more resources/better sites.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

Neruz posted:

Including singleplayer games I have most definitely played at least one serious game (at least 80 turns) with every single nation in every era. No I don't know why I enjoy facerolling around in a pile of idiot AI's as much as I do.

I enjoy it too. MP Dom tends to default to a smaller set of viable strategies whereas in SP you can do pretty much whatever and see what happens.

Of course, it is kinda embarrassing when I get steamrolled because I dicked around too much summoning/gift of reasoning/fish amulet-ing monster fish or something.

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
My steam version of Dom 4 doesn't seem to want to download the latest patch with all the UW changes. It thinks 4.17 is the latest version. Is there something I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008

jon joe posted:

No. That is the latest version. They have not released a new patch yet (#ing of versions does not always coincide with release of a patch). It will likely be 4.19 or 4.20 before we get a patch.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I was excited to see if the seas sucked less.

• Locked thread