Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Also it doesn't cost real gems and facilitates the blood troll of filling the global slots with trash. In dom5 the # of global slots will be a setting so we will actually get to see more globals used!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Blood on the Brain research level 0 B1 cost 1 slave, gain 100 research

zotz get a nation version that costs 1 less slave

Should be Break your Opponents Soul 1 slave minus one hundred research generation to another player. No resist or range limitation

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

i cast out these wretched stones

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

So there's a pretty significant new Dom5 feature we've heard about : baked roads. Instead of being a fort building, roads are a terrain feature. This is extremely relevant to map generation, and begs the question of how they should be placed. I'm honestly not sure. The fluffiest way to do it would be to link towns together, but it could also be done to mitigate horrible starting terrain for nations that start in it.

Please place roads so that I can walk my fear/blood surge blessed white centaurs to EA Ermor's cap in a single turn after I have eliminated them thanks.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

No. There's a reason we cut down on forests after watching Pan walk through like 3 players without having to step out of the woods. If roads connect caps at all, it'll have to be pretty meandering.

Are you going to add a neato winter layer

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

Chuck them about randomly is my suggestion. Anything else has the potential to exacerbate existing balance problems.

Roughly straightish roads just going around randomly should be fine.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Barono posted:

Just pave the world.

hex grid solid roads no trees mountains or other terrain

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Corbeau posted:

I suspect the amount of roads should probably increase with era. That could be a piece of road code, or it could just be emergent if roads are linked to towns because towns already increase with era.

Roads connecting farms and stuff actually makes sense

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Make dom5 like coe4 where there are 8 different eras representing different levels of development and none of them are fun

Also disable passwords

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

I just... gotta know how badly balanced this thing is going to be at release. I wanna be there to be wiped out by an army of something that's immortal and ethereal that cost 25 gold, or whatever.

These are the people that think water nations are fun and blood is balanced after years of Dom4 being out. Release month is going to be wild.

It has always been and always will be poorly balanced. It's too insane and varied to be terribly balanced though they do try to at least remove the most egregious poo poo and kill mechanics that make the game more micro intensive and terrible to play. So 3 hitlers out of 5 instead of 5 out of 5.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Frod99 posted:

Troops not doing multiturn moves, recruitments not having target province automove waypoints, commanders/mages not having having default scripts, gem management, blood magic in general, that's the stuff that makes the game extremely hard to enjoy for me after the early game since they never stop growing longer every turn forever in dom3-dom4.

So, any improvements in dom5 on those matters or not?

There are hotkeys for all of these things to make it faster but the game is still very micro intensive in general. Multi turn orders wouldn't generally help since things change so fast.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Someone who is not me cannibalize this thread and make a new one for dom5.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Prism posted:

Any particular reason? Increased magic, better nation designs?

EA enables memebless by nature of the extremely powerful sacreds that are prevalent there.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

nothing to seehere posted:

Memebless's are actually harder to pull off in Dom5: W9 for example, either gives you +6 defense or Quickness (but only while your god is alive: no imprisoned tribless allowed), as opposed to in Dom4, where you'd get both at all times.

You can stack some egregiously stupid poo poo now just not the same stuff as before. Memeblesses are alive and well.

Absum posted:

EA is the worst because they still havent buffed Hinnom

Hinnom was buffed significantly with cost changes.

nothing to seehere posted:

Thats... +2 Attack, Air shield, Quickness, +4 Strength, Twist Fate. GIven those scales and the cost of Kailasa's sacreds, that's not saving you. I'm not saying memeblesses are impossible, but that pulling that off in dom4 would be alot more effective.

You should try that bless with their silly awe sacreds it's dumb as hell.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

As if scales builds weren't rare enough already.

4 artisan triarii per square now in order to provide the maximum number of targets for the yavana to kill.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Absum posted:

Does the 5g on avvim chassis make that much of a difference or are you mainly referring to the buildings which I hadn't seen yet?

Buildings. They lost the fort cost penalty. Also chariots and giants w/ javelins own bones with the new combat engine.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Is there a built in equivalent to the debug sensei? I'd like to go through the construction list to see what kinds of shenanigans I can do with a rainbow in this edition.

Debug mod ports cleanly and you can add the other stuff to it if you care to easily.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Interesting, pinging thrones with scouts sometimes have a cost:

I like it, because it was felt too cheap.

The more neighboring provs you own the more likely they are to not do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Can you make custom forts so clowns can have tiered bouncy castles.

• Locked thread