Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Has anyone been able to get the Mac version to run? I bought it from Desura but it crashed as soon as I entered my serial number and now it crashes immediately when I start it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

Lord Windy posted:

Yes, it's a bit funny though. The game's sound is playing up, which is what is causing it. So the way to do it is to disable sound before you go in. The only way I know how to do it on a mac is this way:

1. Right click, or ctrl click on the Dominions4 app and select 'open package contents'
2. Select Contents Folder
3. Select the MacOS Folder
4. Open Terminal
5. Click and drag the Dominions4 unix executable file into terminal
6. At the end of the line " -s"

^ Make sure you include the space, but don't include the quotation marks.

7. Press Enter, the game should load up normally.
8. Disable sound in menu

After you do that, the game should load without needing to do those steps.

This worked perfectly, thanks so much!

• Locked thread