Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Kenlon posted:

TestRandom:
Mightypeon, Fleur Bleu, Korwin and Roland Jones need to put in their pretenders so we can kick this off. :mad:

Submitted mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

LordLeckie posted:

Please tell me there is some way to make elements of the UI bigger, the tiny tiny unit trait icons and such are doing my head in and im still getting headaches and nausea from playing the game, if the UI was just a little bigger it would be amazing.

> and < to Change the size of the commander Icons, but appart from that, If there is something more. I want to know myself too...

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Does a high dominion scale give the pretender Awe still?

It does.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Kenlon posted:

I have claimed Pythium in TestPantheon and will lead the Empire to new glory.
Going with strong scales rather than a bless build - who's with me?

Game is up here: http://www.brainwrinkle.net/games/63
If you've decided on your nation, sign up - nation conflicts are on a first come first serve basis!

All hail Kenlon!
Count me in as Patala Utgard-Disciple.

Edit: The god will be sleeping or imprisioned?

Korwin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 12, 2013

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Kenlon posted:

Whoops - I've already got a full roster with Shadowofdawn and YuriAndrogynopov on my side. Guess you'll have to find another deity.

Well in that case, I'll keep Utgard.
Either as Scales Pretender myself (imprisioned) or as Disciple.
Who wants to join me/me to join him?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Team K.I._:
Korwin - Utgard - Pretender (Imprisioned Scales build)
Incy - ??? - Disciple
??? - ??? - Disciple

btw. R'leyh as Disciple should loose his Madness Dominion if someone wants to try it.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Team K.I.W.:
Korwin - Utgard - Pretender (Imprisioned Scales build)
Incy - C'ties - Disciple (sleeping)
Werewhale - Bogarus - Disciple (sleeping)

Sauromancer are
not capitol only
Slow to Recruit
F1D3 + 110% FESD Random
Old Age (might have changed with the last patch? Looked at 3.99f)

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Great Gray Shrike posted:

- Thrones give benefits. Some give minor benefits unclaimed (e.g. a gem/turn), they all give benefits that scale to the throne's point worth when claimed; These bonuses include: Recruitable units in that province with decent (2+) access to two or more paths, Massive gem income, Scale changes/benefits, Bonuses for sacred troops while blessed inc. standard bless effects and more obscure stuff like poison resistance or even awe. All thrones seem to spread dominion, though some are better at it than others.

Important detail: Those scales changes are not allways good.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Zurai posted:

I like Slow to Recruit for mages. I do not at all like Slow to Recruit for troops. Why the gently caress are Jotun Skinshifters STR? Yeah, they're good, but they're not "you can only recruit one every other turn" good. Neither are Ur's Sirrushes. I really doubt Hydras are actually that good, either. The problem with STR troops as I see it is really that troops have a fairly limited window of usefulness in Dominions and making key troops STR just basically means that you have no opportunity to use them. By the time you've gathered enough Skinshifters to be useful against indies, you've already got a dozen provinces. By the time you've got enough to fight other players' armies, they're fielding summons.

Jotun skinshifter are not slow to recruit in 3.99g.
Are you using 3.99f?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Lord Windy posted:

I like the idea of LA Ermor where they get chaff for free and use gems to summon their mages. I don't like their 'kill everything' aura of death.

Is it possible to make a mod nation where they get free chaff? Or is that something that only an Ermor thing? I'm interested in trying my hand at modding a nation and that would be the kind of thing I'm interested in making.

Look at MA Marignon in TheDemon's DominionEnhanced.
The freespawn mechanic is another one, but it gets massive Flagelants...

LordLeckie posted:

:stare: A m-mictlan n-nerf???

Actually an buff (cheaper, faster to build forts).

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

jBrereton posted:

plus summonable Hinnomite Melqarts at Blood 6.

Melquart with Air access!

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Lord Windy posted:

2. They have an expensive commander (between 20 and 30 gems to summon) doubles as a gemgem (generates 1 air gem a turn). I prefer people to objects for gemgems as you can rescue the items if you know your castle is going to get stormed but your commanders are stuck there.

Well you could evaquate the mages too (if they are A2+ mages)

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Lord Windy posted:

I wasn't planning on giving them any paths. I wasn't even planning on giving them fly so they can't just flutter away.

Then I dont like them --> because of the way they clutter the "n" shortkey up.
At least give them Research (not influenced by magic scales maybe?) 1.

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
Wonder how much the numbers Change with an N9B9 bless...

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
???
There where no mages in the test?

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011
3.99 h is out and you can download it now!

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Speleothing posted:

This was the case in Dom3, but in Dom4 all you need is to be sacred, not to have Holy (priest) levels.

Also, there are piles & piles of sacred commanders who aren't priests. The Jotuns get two pure (no magic at all) sacred commanders, Sauro gets at least one, Vanarus gets one. And there are any number of sacred mages who benefit from E blesses but can't self-bless, a lot of the Bandar mages are like that.

This is correct, only want to add: a commander made sacred by the shroud of the battlr saint can not build temples (unless he allready was sacred)

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Decrepus posted:

It requires a morale check to fly past enemy units so Inspirational leaders and sermons of courage should help a little bit but I doubt it will ever be reliable in a large battle with normal morale units.

If this where true, undead flying troops (or Commanders) would allways reach the back with attack rear orders.
Since they do not reach allways the back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwin
Jan 24, 2011

Friendly Tumour posted:

Please do not listen to this man, he doesn't know poo poo. You don't pair order with luck, ever. That is dumb as hell on its own right. And never, ever pick drain, especially as MA Ulm. Jesus christ man, you are literally a retard. Please stop giving advice to noobs. And everybody else while you're at it.

Luck has also Events which only fire with Order or Production scales where you get ~1000 Gold or an Fort.

• Locked thread