Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

An insane commander.

His weapon is a cod :stare:

e: DAMNIT

I think I'll get ahold of this game as soon as I can; it looks awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

I got another one about a year later. Misfortune 2. Jerks.

Did he destroy any temples yet?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Victor Vermis posted:

He "preached", did some "site searching" every other turn (no paths in anything, naturally). I tried to build a fort with him but he decided to do his own thing the very next turn and when I tried to continue building there was no sign of any building in progress. No sign of my money, either.

Fed him to indies.

Ahh, got insanity mixed up with shattered soul. Is that still A Thing in Dom4? Has anybody seen it in use yet?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

jBrereton posted:

You wouldn't, because most games, especially here, don't have MA Ermor in them because they wreck the map.

Is there a way that could ever be balanced? Say, if Ermor-affected territory eventually spawned supply sites representing abandoned granaries, feral livestock, ghost towns waiting to be looted, and the like. It'd be hard to balance with Dominions mechanics, but it'd be nice if conquered Ermor territories could eventually be reclaimed somehow.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 13, 2013

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Neruz posted:

Castle Crushers being batshit insane is entirely intentional. Almost all the ritual costs are too low though due to me failing to understand how fatigue translated into gem cost on rituals.

There's also a real issue with the scaling summons scaling waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast that I need to consider.

The Castle Crusher has a rather gaping Achilles heel in Opposition, given its low MR. I actually sorta like the idea of a terrifying SC with a glaring weakness.

Looking at the description of the Castle Crusher, though, brings something to light. It's an awesome unit, but it's not very... Dominions-like. Dominions's universe is a dystopian hell -- whispering fountains of magic demand (and receive) child sacrifices to maintain their power; goatmen play music that turns women into naked, shrieking animals; any powerful magic item is inevitably tainted with the influence of lurking horrors. Everything in Dominions is both awesome and awful, if not just plain awful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's nothing innately horrifying about the Castle Crusher, nothing that makes my skin crawl (like having an actual brain inside that's wracked with endless pain due to being surrounded by little magically-controlled robotic pokers that torture it into making the Castle Crusher perform the right actions), so it doesn't feel right in the world of Dominions. That might be just what you're going for -- a nation that despite being run by religious zealots hasn't descended into total tap-dancing fuckitall evil in its quest for world domination -- but it does stand apart from all the vanilla nations.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 3, 2014

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

amuayse posted:

Iron Blizzard is bullshit

No, you just didn't bring enough maenads. Always bring more maenads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Psychological warfare is wrong

Maenads are the end game. Maenads are the counter to all. Tribless jaguar warriors? More maenads until the jaguars are trampled under the stampede. Enemy using massive AoE attacks? More maenads because he can't possibly hit all of them. Grip of Winter? More maenads to end the battle faster before they get nippy in the cold. SC with fear? More maenads and cast Growing Fury too to get them psyched. Every battle should look like this:

Except they're all naked and since you have hideous supply shortages all across your nation they're really loving hungry

(I'm kidding of course)

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 4, 2014

• Locked thread