Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Can I play this with a friend or two and AI? The OP mentions you basically need a dedicated server. Is that because you can't save the game or is that just for giant goon games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
So after getting some conquest done, basically all of my soldiers are terribly traumatized and wounded. As MA Ulm, I don't think I have healers. Is there anything I can do to fix my veterans or do I just throw them into suicide squads? Or do I just not care that they're missing arms and frightened by battle?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
What are magical weapons and such good for? Is there ever a situation where you want your commanders to actually be there in the thick of it hitting people with swords?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
How do you get different/better blesses? I'm just doing whatever starting one my priests can do.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm EA Mictlan, my pretender has dom 8, my neighbors have less than that and I'm blood sacrificing every turn in every temple I have. Regardless of that I'm losing the game by running out of candles. What can I do about this? Does the type of priest doing the blood sacrifice matter? Do I need to build a temple in every province?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I'm still unclear on what labs do. They allow you to research and do other magic stuff in that province, but why would you not just pile all your researchers in your capital?

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

goatface posted:

They let you recruit mages in that province. You almost always want to be producing mages in more than one place.
I never have the money to be recruiting mages every turn if I'm doing anything else at all, never mind recruiting them in more than one place. I'm probably doing something terribly wrong.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It would be excellent if it was possible to have like custom tilesets so people could create maps with a variety of styles.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Isometric would actually be lovely, yeah. Like the prettiest map, Valanis.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Actually putting some sprites there really does make it look isometric rather than just squished. If users can edit the sprites there could be all sorts of styles. (including no art at all for that one weirdo)

Dark ground - dense forest definitely looks the best so far. A dense forest like that looks more like a background rather than separate objects. High contrast, distinct separate objects should be reserved for stuff the eye needs to actually pick out.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 9, 2017

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
What is snek.earth, I appreciate its name and the image but I don't know what it does

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Is it specifically for goon games or something or is it intended to be like an open thing? I've been looking into running some games with friends but I haven't yet looked very deeply on how to actually do it.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Corbeau posted:

Trying out mountain passes (all mountains set to be a pass for testing purposes):
They're too hard to see. The one in the lower left does work since you clearly see the empty space between the mountains, though even that one is pretty tiny.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Yes, that's a problem with every 4x, and the reason I generally dislike 4x games despite usually liking the concept behind them. I'm pretty sure it's a solvable design issue, just not an easy one, and 4x as a genre is not one known for innovation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Johnny Joestar posted:

so is this revamped update to a sketchy as hell game still going to cost like 50 bucks or whatever dumb poo poo
Probably not. This is one of the rare grog games that saw the light, so the last version of the sketchy as hell game was on Steam for a reasonable price rather than only on an obscure website for megabucks.

• Locked thread