Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Barono posted:

Definitely worth doing a little bit on the bigger oni, but remember there is a 240 point difference between O3 and T3 so they shouldn't really be comparable. Someone did mention giving the nation the spreadschaos tag. That way they'll spread chaos like Niefelheim spreads cold, which will be functionally similar as Niefel jarls fight like rear end in heat. Plus I also like obnoxious dominion/nation effects that aren't game changers like pop kill.

Counterpoint: There's a 30% income difference between O3 and T3. That's equivalent to a full scales build wroth of income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

jBrereton posted:

Knights of the Sepulchre totally heal if you get them into negative health with a D Bless. I'm sure this is a bug. Will it be fixed? Probably not.

Its a feature not a bug, undead units don't die after the battle if they hit negative HP from having a D bless. That being said, they're still awfully rare units that are pretty fragile.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Lute

New newbie game, MA, 180 provinces, blah blah. I am too lazy to change this formula right now people. Sign up if you want to play, newbies only, I will boot you if I think you're too experienced because yeah sure why not. Enjoy!

Edit: Server is live, feel free to upload your gods as you sign up. Please no Ermor, thanks.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 29, 2013

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

The Sharmat posted:

That's the one I meant. What do you do with it other than summon a bunch of undead legionnaires?

From what I know (take it with a grain of salt) Scelaria is effectively identical to old MA Ermor.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
For what its worth I think B9F9W9 is a better bless for EA or LA mictlan, but I'd definitely say S9 is better for MA Mictlan. Eagle warriors are just too squishy relative to jags, but the more durability and two forms of jags makes them get more benefit from the BV and their second form with three attacks really benefits from a strength boost. That being said, I don't know if B9S9W9 would be better than taking F9, its an interesting idea that I'd be willing to try.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Edit: Whoops forgot to check the new page.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 8, 2013

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Change log for those of you looking for it.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Its worth showing off Living Mercury as well.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

AtomikKrab posted:

New, hero, horror mark included, for EA.

Theres a few other new heroes too, during a test game when I was looking at the summons I go another closed council member. I imagine there's a handful of them.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Speleothing posted:

Armageddon (or The End of the World)
Death
Chayot
Virgins
Power or Strength
Magic Power
(Some of the pretender chassis have worthwhile abilities)
Unique items & unforgable items

Don't be rude.

The best thing to wish for have always been gems (Well, it used to be the chalice in vanilla, but dom4 changed that). People like wishing for chassis but that's pretty expensive and the only situation where I'd recommend it is if you are trying to break into a certain path somehow for a very good reason. Blood slaves is pretty decent if you're just looking to transmute pearls to slaves. Armageddon can be good if you're actively trying to ruin blood hunting or if you can survive without gold income and/or your mages have enough HP that they wont die to armageddon. Other than that wish really is just a vanity play.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 17, 2013

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Right I guess this should be announced here too.

New game - Tuba

Decided to throw up another newbie game. LA, throne victory, 12 players 15 provinces a piece. Enjoy!

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Attention new players

I've been hosting a bunch of newbie games since we have a fairly large influx of new players between the LPs and the release of Dominions 4. That being said I've been running off a kind of honor code where people won't keep joining newbie games if they're starting to get competent or they start winning games. Please self regulate, I see a number of you in more than 3 newbie games at a time right now and its kind of a dick move. Both because you take a slot from someone who is not in many games and because you're not really a newbie anymore if you're in so many games.

Please don't abuse my trust or I'm going to have to start kicking people out of sign ups.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
New games Harmonica and Flute are now up on Brainwrinkle!

These games will be open to everyone, EA and MA respectively. Throne victory, aiming for 10 players a piece, ~15 provinces a person. Ermor is allowed.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Irony.or.Death posted:

Just for the record (for the billionth time), Ermor's never been banned around here because we think it's too powerful. It's just that they seriously distort the game; start next to them and while you might well win the war, you're going to lose the game because you just dumped a ton of resources into taking land that has no value while people who did not start next to them have been conquering land that produces gold.

Just quoting this. Seriously, the only way to win a game with Ermor in it is to not invade them.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

tooterfish posted:

Do that and you're just neutering their dominion effects on other people, while retaining the disadvantages for them as an additional gently caress you. The stated problem isn't that they're overpowered!

They'd probably just end up pillaging the population away anyway, so it doesn't really even solve the problem.

Yes their proposed solutions didn't care about how powerful Ermor is, what they care about is how unfun it is to fight. It isn't an attempt to balance the nation (most people don't even have a good grasp of how good or bad Ermor is, they just know that its awful to play against) its just an attempt to make fighting them actually worthwhile.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

tooterfish posted:

Proposed solutions should care about how powerful Ermor is. If you destroy or augment their competitiveness too much you end up right back at square one, an Ermor free multiplayer. That seems like a wasted effort.

Just going to point out that people play every nation regardless of how bad they are. Balance has never really been a thing in Dominions.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Rad, glad to see Dom4 made it to steam.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Great Gray Shrike posted:

Is something weird or not obvious going on with dominions 4 random paths for mages?

As MA C'tis, I can recruit marshmasters that have W1D2N2+1WSDN+0.1WSDN.
By my calculations, I should have a 1/160 = 0.625% chance of getting a D4 or N4 per each marshmaster recruited (1/4 chance of D or N, 1/40 chance of getting the corresponding D or N on the second roll).

I have recruited 16 marshmasters, and gotten D4 on 2 of them, and N4 on one of them. You would expect to see that many good randoms after recruiting ~120 marshmasters, not in 16 of them. It just seems really improbable - is something else going on?

Just got lucky, it happens.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Fleur Bleu posted:

edit: or more like 0.013%
[16!/(3!13!)]*0.00625^3*0.99375^13
I'm going with this.

Its this one.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Fleur Bleu posted:

edit: Also, Lilli, are you guys playing a game against scrubs from another forum? Who's playing if so?

Nah, not against scrubs, but yeah we're doing an SA vs Desura/Dom4mods game.

code:
Desura Team    SA Team
Maerlande      Lilli
Shovah         Thedemon
Lourdes   vs   Buildscharacter
Executor       Flavahbeast
AWildPanda     Schneeble
Ohlmann        Irony.or.Death
Here are the final teams drafted.

Team Desura: Utgard, Bogarus, Patala, T'ien Ch'i, Ulm, Agartha
Team Awful: Mictlan, Midgard, C'tis, Atlantis, Gath, Man

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
I'm slightly reluctant to post why we picked each of our nations since our composition has much to do with our team strategy. That being said, I'm willing to post an AAR about why we did what we did and what our (or at least my) thoughts were going into the game and how we did during it.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

jBrereton posted:

This battle also made me question if/when Gift of Health'd troops in unfriendly dominion lose their bonus HP?

Pan's stuff came into this battle at double their base HP despite it being unfriendly dominion even before the battle (it flipped over the turn before and remained my dominion after this battle). The province they came out of was solidly in their dominion, does that have an effect?

Current HP carries over into the battle for next turn. Its much like gods in the way poo poo work. Your maximum HP is determined by the province you're in that turn, but your HP carries over from the province you were in last turn.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

amuayse posted:

Hmm, Demon do you think that all awake SC pretenders should have B2 then? I think that wouldn't be too bad actually.

That is a huge investment of points and almost definitely not worth it.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Neruz I will murder an entire game recruiting nothing but their militia. That is how OP your nation is, sorry.

More to the point of advice, size 1 is very, very, very, very powerful. You get twice the number of attacks per square, reduce the resource cost of your units, and reduce the defense penalty from incoming attacks by spreading it out among units. Your dwarven militia, for example, have stats that are better than human sized light infantry and are size 1. They will absolutely murder anything in melee, especially if you recruit anything that is not a militia. Good morale, excellent MR, really high protection, units with /awe/ (not to mention reinvig/enc 0 and multiple AP attacks per square). They have more gems than the average for their age, a 100 resource bonus and 200 gold bonus on their capital. There is literally not a thing on this nation that is not broken. I'm just going to stop listing things here because holy poo poo.

Edit: Jesus Christ I cannot get over how good these battleragers are. They're probably the single most unstoppable unit I've ever seen.

Editx2: I'm not sure how blade mail functions (I don't know the trigger for can be negated by larger beings works), but seriously that's either 12 attacks per square or /54/ attacks per square.

Editx3: FIFTY FOUR.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 1, 2014

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Decrepus posted:

You caulk the army and float it.

Your army overturns and is swept down stream. You lose two bane lords and a fire brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Kitfox88 posted:

I'll note that I called you a oval office after you contacted me in PMs to be a jackass about that game in particular over the past two days for no reason while also doing similar poo poo for weeks on end now? Like it's cool if you want to be an rear end in a top hat, just don't get all indignant about it when I call you a mean name when you're acting mean.

lol justifying the use of slurs.

• Locked thread