Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Got the game and signed up for the Goon Gaming Service, since losing against humans is more fun than winning against the AI. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

That said, LA Midgard is pretty straightforward and a good choice if you want to learn the basics. Take Order 3 and Growth 3 for high income and recruit Skinshifters, a great unit that doesn't cost many ressources. For research, look through the different magic schools (F5) and see what seems appropriate for your mages' paths (mostly air I think) and your gem income.

Hanging out in IRC is recommended.

VV Spoilers! :v: VV

Comrade Question fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 8, 2013

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Yeah man having one spare army in your heartlands is totally vexing when you've got +10% income overall the entire game when using those 80 points in Mis-2 for O2 (or more likely O3 and not doing another thing).

Even with Misfortune 1 barbarians raid me constantly and the developer team's DnD group decides to LARP next to my capital. Luck 0-3 is the only way to be safe if you're unlucky in real life.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

I just started up a game as the Sidhe/Tuatha to try them out and a couple of things came up at the start of the second turn. First, this guy showed up:

If you ever get that guy in a real game: he has a hidden magic path boost, so if you empower him in any path, he's automatically at 2.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

What were you fighting against? Since the AI is so amazing in this game, naturally the developers decided to give it the ability to overwrite your orders if the enemy force is, in its humble opinion, not worth the gem(s). So if you're fighting against a very small force, big spells won't be cast, even if the mage's whole script is covered be gem generators.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Fair point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

Mhmyes, playing MA Ermor against beginners will increase your skills a thousand-fold.

• Locked thread