Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Hey did somebody mention that you can now recruit mages that will automatically be set to research?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Does a high dominion scale give the pretender Awe still?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So when is this game supposed to be fully released again?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So is this out officially? Or are we still waiting on that. I'm itching to play some multiplayer.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

amuayse posted:

Multiplayer works right now, but there are some events that are broken in the new patch. Namely the one that sends hundreds of vikings after you, and another one that causes an entire province's population to disappear.

Well its not that it doesn't work. It's that I'm assuming there'll be some patch which I'll end up getting and messing up the current multiplayer games

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I'm gonna have to get me in on some of those newbie games.

How does this brainwinkle thing work? I made an account, and it seems that I can't log in. I didn't get a confirmation email or anything so I'm not sure if I'm waiting to be verified or not.

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 11, 2013

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

For anyone who's played MA Ulm, in general what's a good stock infantry to use? Right now I'm mostly just grabbing the chainmail battleaxe guys. Is the full plate just inherently better (and cost more resources)? How are the shield troops, I imagine it makes them ungodly tough, but they don't have as much killing power. How much does taking the shields effect their attack power? It seems their damage is already pretty high, and the battle axes are mostly overkill.

Does anyone with more experience in this have any tips?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I have, I'm still low on resources though, that could just be cause it's early and I don't have a bunch of smiths. Does the Extra encumbrance do a whole lot?

Also does mixing units into squads do anything bad? Or is it just not really advised?

*Aaand one more thing, does repel work against trample?

DarkAvenger211 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 22, 2013

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Can anyone suggest to me some good Thugs that might be possible with MA Ulm? Someone had suggested Bane Lord summons if my pretender had some death magic, but she doesn't so I'm looking for a good alternative. It's great being able to produce magic items so cheap, but it's nothing if I don't have anyone who can use it well.

My pretender has a fairly large amount magic in all paths except Death and Blood (In which I have none).

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

a terrible ivan posted:

The Imperial Tomb, right? I think I saw that site in one of my games. The event that adds that site mentions Marshmasters, which are MA C'tis nationals. I didn't get a chance to test it as I wasn't C'tis, but I don't think it's just fluff.

I just found this in a game and I am playing MA Ctis, but the event text said maybe the knowledge of the Arch Theugs could open it. How do I get an Arch Theug?

It also didn't mention ANYTHING about the Marshmasters to me, so maybe it just picked a random nation in the game who can open it

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

I really want to get back into this game but I always feel like I am horrible poo poo at it and am tempted to go AI once the initial excitement of a new game and plan wears off and I start getting curb stomped.

I guess what I want is psychological advice? I feel like I am approaching this game the wrong way.

If I'm getting my poo poo wrecked, It's not usually too hard to bottle up in a fort and pull off some crazy insane army destroying battles. I usually feel at that point there's no way in hell I'm winning, but at least I can gently caress up the guy who's doing it to me right now, right? I always have fun going into battles where all my mages are packed with gems for one final fight.

I guess just think like ChickenWing said, don't go in expecting to win. Hell I go in with the intention of trying different stuff, and not necessarily winning at all.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

What are those events by the way? Me and some friends are in a game right now and one of my provinces apparently has a site that can be unlocked by another players' mages. I've seen these before and I've never had the type of mage required. What happens when you open it?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

FUN.

Fun things happen, so you know you want to.:devil:

I'd love to, but we already eliminated the player who has the mage we need. :/.

Can I wish for mages from another nation?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

So does Send Lesser Horror get boosted when Astral Corruption's in play?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Does it just make them generally better, or just it just give a chance for the Big Doom horrors?

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

I'm having an issue with brainwrinkle. I can't quite login to my account I think. I'll hit sign in, on the login page and it will just refresh the login page, no errors or anything. Has anyone else fixed this issue before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Nuclearmonkee posted:

use your email address as username

That did it, thanks

• Locked thread