Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Benagain posted:

Is dom 4 any fun to gently caress around with in single player or is this still an entirely multiplayer game?

I think the AI has gotten better. Granted I've only played the Dawn of Dominions map, maybe it sucks on randoms.

It's still not anywhere close to experienced players. It doesn't know any metagame stuff. It plays like a competent brand new player.

boho fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I want to make a new nation comprised of air-breathing humans that live under the sea. Their Capitol is in a magic bubble and their main magic line is Air so they can maintain Bubbleopolis. Most of them are poor amphibians with some capitol-only elites as regular amphibians.

Maybe they're exiles from Caelum who couldn't fly so they went underwater to emulate flight as best they could. Is there already a faction like this?

e: Whoops. Caelum, not Arcosephalae.

boho fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 12, 2013

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So a couple requests re: strategy.

EA C'tis having trouble sealing the deal on some seriously entrenched AI (about 6 Castles + temples in a cluster). I'm mostly using national armies with good-roll Enchantresses casting Arrow Fend and Fire Arrows for my hordes of indie archers, with some bane lord strike squads on the side and a harvester of sorrows with one of those disease spreading charms + super stealth wandering around the enemy backfield.

I picked a Sphinx pretender thinking I could teleport around (I could not), so he's kind of useless. I'm not entirely sure how to leverage my national Mages (Death/Nature) in combat.

I'm doing relatively well on site exploration thanks to the enchantress. I'm still consistently running low on death gems so I've trying to get Well of Misery up.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Shorter but more complex question: why's Blood Magic supposedly so good? I poked around with EA Mictlan and couldn't really get it to go anywhere.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If there aren't humans in your game to form a coalition to immediately wipe LA Ermor out, a 10-domain Ermor will win close to 100% of the time. I remember that much from Dominions 3 at least.

I mean, you didn't even do any loving research. If you had done the typical Burden of Time/Foul Air (or whatever it's called) combo, the AI would have probably died out on its own.

If the map is small enough, 10-Dom Ermor might be able to win without ever starting a fight with the AI.

boho fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 14, 2013

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I wish I could choose which songs I wanted it to play and which I didn't want it to play.

(Santa Maria song :frogout:)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I'm about to play Early Agartha and was looking for pretender build suggestions. I was thinking about an awake Annunaki of the Underworld (for expansion with shade beasts) with 8 Dom, 3 Order and Death boosted to 6 (for easy Utterdark access). Anyone got some better ideas?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Help me win with early Agartha thanks.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
If a stealth army (say a pack of Atavi from Lanka) attacks a province in the middle of enemy territory and is forced to retreat, are they wiped out like other armies retreating into hostile territory, or do they just re-stealth?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Would Rust Mist + Blade Wind shred armor or does Blade Wind not hit hard enough? I'm up against an earth bless army of Palankashas (probably ~50-75 and then an extra 100+ chaff) as Agartha and figure if Blade Wind is going to do anything to the Palankashas I'll have to reduce their protection somehow.

Other advice is welcome. It's a newb game and we all pretty much suck.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Posting proof of goondom for GGS. I want to play some newb games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Does 5 do single player any better? I traditionally get my rear end whipped in multi.

• Locked thread