Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

amuayse posted:

I finished converting my Sawaiiki mod for Dominions 4 and I just have to finish pretenders and touching up a few sprites. They're a mid age nation btw.

Just a couple comments from a very, very non-pro player:

This nation feels like it just gets too much. Sailing, recruit-anywhere sacreds with magic weapons, great if capital-only underwater troops and leaders, amphibious scouts with useful leadership scores, blood hunters, assassins, free points from heat scale (or at least so the description says; the heat scale in the pretender setup doesn't seem to think so), casters with a forge bonus, healing, fortune telling, recruit-anywhere strength 3 priests, oh and a bunch of national summons including unique high level summons. Heck, you even got fancy and included a mage and a few units that can't be recruited anywhere that has a castle.

I'm not saying that it's too powerful, because to be frank I am nowhere near good enough at this game to assess that. However, it does feel like someone just took pretty much every cool tag they could find and threw it into the pot. It's kind of scattered and unfocused. I like it as a concept and I love the flavor, but I think it could use a bit of tightening up and concentrating on what it's supposed to "do" as a nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

LordLeckie posted:

Temp scales now start at the optimum for a nation rather than neutral so you cant get a bunch of free points as hot or cold nations now.

Ah, I had noticed that it started at the appropriate heat scale but didn't think to check if the points added up. Still useful to note that the description states they prefer heat +1 but the scale starts at +0 and gives points and penalties for increasing that to heat +1.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

First off, get all of Ermor's neighbors to ally up and murder him. LA Ermor begs to be dogpiled because they are insane and annoying to fight.

Ashen Empire is actually MA Ermor now. There's a new version (Lemuria Soul Gates) for LA which replaces all the normal freespawn with ethereal freespawn and gets you immortal mages to summon. As if Ashen Empire wasn't annoying enough to fight.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

EA Ur's Sirrushes are similar. I'm sure there are others, too. Not sure I like Slow to Recruit for troops; generally spending 200 gold on a troop is enough to keep me from spamming it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I like Slow to Recruit for mages. I do not at all like Slow to Recruit for troops. Why the gently caress are Jotun Skinshifters STR? Yeah, they're good, but they're not "you can only recruit one every other turn" good. Neither are Ur's Sirrushes. I really doubt Hydras are actually that good, either. The problem with STR troops as I see it is really that troops have a fairly limited window of usefulness in Dominions and making key troops STR just basically means that you have no opportunity to use them. By the time you've gathered enough Skinshifters to be useful against indies, you've already got a dozen provinces. By the time you've got enough to fight other players' armies, they're fielding summons.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

You can get the key from the website. Click the "Play game" button on the website, then "view keys" on the popup.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

tooterfish posted:

You might actually need the client to get the CD key, I can't see anything on the website for that.

Edit: I apparently have a brain condition where anything posted by Zurai gets filed under "ignore this and make yourself look like a moron!"

No worries, the only reason I knew myself is that I spent like half an hour trying to find the key when I bought the game. I ended up just giving in and hitting the Play Game button assuming it'd lead me to the client and what do you know, there's the way to the key.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

alansmithee posted:

The more I've played (single player, however) the less I'm liking a lot of these changes. No tax adjustment just seems to hammer blood nations-you get less money than previously (due to higher unrest), and you're also slowed by having fewer slaves so conversion to full blood econ takes longer.

Good. Blood was absurdly good before, so slowing it down makes sense. It's still really good now since the slow research means only having to research one line is an even bigger advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Isn't late age Lemuria basically Ermor but even better?

Kinda sorta not really? Lemuria is entirely ethereal and has immortal mages, but their non-castle freespawn is actually completely useless for almost any purpose (they don't even make good arrow catchers; guys with shields survive better than naked ghosts) and their castle freespawn is generally pretty slow to generate. I believe their mages are also more expensive to summon.

• Locked thread