Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I finished converting my Sawaiiki mod for Dominions 4 and I just have to finish pretenders and touching up a few sprites. They're a mid age nation btw.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/77cdmwk12zsg0qz/Sawaiiki_Dom4_Version_1.rar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm planning on making Puapualenalena a hero. I sorta already have Kamapua‘a. He's called the Consort of the Wild in the mod.
Always bet on Duke though.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Kristoffer did admit that he didn't scale back the summoned units for all the nations in accordance to the new research costs. The ones he's not planning to scale back, he's going to make the summons more powerful/numerous/cheaper.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The Trogolytes are now slaves and have limited recruitment. :(
There's now a Troglodyte Trainer though. :whip:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Zurai posted:

but I think it could use a bit of tightening up and concentrating on what it's supposed to "do" as a nation.
Well if it's any consolation, they have poop armor and lovely infrastructure. I do agree it needs tightening up in some aspects, but their core theme has always been "ali'i goes in, priests buff them". Research is considerably harder in Dominions 4, so even though there is a lot of cool poo poo available, it's unlikely you'll see all of it.
Forgot to add
#idealcold -1

amuayse fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 10, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
There are three main mages. I'm thinking of jacking up their price to like 230 or making them StR.
Each one is either A2, D2, or B2 with a 50% chance of +1 path bonus. They all have heal disease +1, except for the blood mage which has heal disease+2 and heal affliction +1. The Death Mage has a research bonus.
The Priests of the Four has either W/A and a 50% chance of W/A/N/S. The Priestess of Ruin has F and a 50% chance of F/A/E. They both have research malus.
The Ali'i Aimoku has H3 and Sailing and high leadership bonus, but costs 300. I'll probably make him StR.
The Menehune, which is a StR Forest-Recruit mage that is E2A2W1, but also has a research malus. Has a forge bonus of 1.
The Ilahi lord has poor-amphibian, an assassin tag of 0, has N1A1H1, Awe 1, Sailing, and an extremely good leader. StR, Cap only though.
I'm thinking of jacking up the prices all across the board gold wise and adjusting the sailing tag since sailing is actually pretty useful now.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Hmm. Maybe nerfing all the mages by 1 path? So it's A1, D1, and W1 with a 50% chance of +1? And sending the Priest and Priestess random paths down to 30%? Sailing will DEFINETLY be nerfed, and there will be a lot more nerfs when Kristoffer finally brings out coastal recruit like he said. I'll get rid of Menehune's forge bonus and replace it with a resource bonus when that mod command comes out.
Oh, and I'm adding Mo'o as a mountain recruit. I don't know if I should make them sentient or non-sentient.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
S exists as a rather small random, so I think it's alright as long as I tweak Priest of the Four's random paths. I'm not sure what do about Blood though. Human sacrifice was a thing in Hawaii, but it wasn't a very big thing. Still extremely important though when it was done. Maybe I could just make the blood mage a B1H1 instead? I'll throw out the assassin tag for Ilahi lord, since the Retribution of the Kapu exists as an Assassin spell.

I really appreciate the feedback though. :)

amuayse fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 10, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Okay, I can throw out blood. I'll keep that one astral summon, since that'll probably be reserved for the pretender to cast if they really need it. Astral will still exist as a 7.5% random chance on one unit.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
That does sound like a pretty good idea. I'll think about adding blood sac. The previous bloodmage could simply be a minor priest healer that has a small douse bonus.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Darn, you're right. Even tried doing the whole 1 path with -1 path malus trick. Douse doesn't count for poo poo if you don't have blood. Oh well, I'll keep the Olohe Kaupe as a blood summon.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I was sorta going toward's Tien Chi's approach with lots of paths, no general specialty.
Here's the revised version then:
Priest of the Four H1 A/W with 30% NWAS Research Malus 175
Priestess of Ruin H1 F with 50% FWE Research Malus 150

Hoʻounāunā A1 with 50% AW Fortune Teller 10% 170
Nānāuli D1 with 50% ND Research Bonus 180
Oneoneihonua Disease/Affliction Healer 1 with 10% B 160

Menehune N2E1 StR Forest-Recruit 200 Gold
Mo'o N4W1 Sacred StR StR Mountain-Recruit 400 Gold

Ali'i Aimoku is H3 has 10% B and StR.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Well, Dom3 is on Steam now and it's only 20 bucks! Crossing fingers for Dom4.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248510/

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Alright, I'll think of something.
The Mo'o aren't human btw. They're very big lizards.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Mind if I be Atlantis?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Ulm and Marverni became civilized by Ermor and then went their seperate ways after Ermor accidentally summoned Death instead of Jesus.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I can't wait until Awesome Mercs comes out.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
New sprites. Since I already got my three basic recruitable mages down (Priest of the Four, Priestess of Ruin, Kahuna Mage) I don't really know what to do with the last dude. The Kahuna healer an H1 disease (2) healer with a 10% chance of B. Menehunes got moved to summons again. The shapeshifter is a hero, and can't seduce in Mo'o form because that would be weird.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

NinjaDebugger posted:

Gonna put in Natasha Kerensky leading Wolf's Dragoons. They will have absurd equipment and maximum XP and will cost like 5000 gold just to bid.

A Scaramanga merc assassin that autocasts Aim and that's armed with a golden crossbow. :)

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Scale
Since you're a god you can make your land more orderly/chaotic, hardworking/lazy, hot/cold, growing/dying, lucky/unlucky, magica/mundane.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
You could recruit an indie commander in the province if there's one available.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Income is kind of burstier now in Dom4 with the addition of all the new events. Even if you have max Order and events set to rare, you'll still get a lot more events than in Dom3.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I updated my Hawaii mod thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgizs112dh26cq8

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_modding.pdf
#animal
Indicates that the monster is an animal. Animals
are affected by the Animal Awe power. Animals
have a penalty when besieging castles, but
receive a morale bonus when led to combat by a
beast master.

How big is the penalty?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Caelum with Storm/Staff of Storm/Perpetual Storm & Storm Power with Orb/Thunderstrike/Wrathful Skies/Shimmering Fields is great.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I like how LA Agartha's Reanimators give a resource bonus. No rest for the dead, only sweatshops for toy crafting and MMO farming :whip:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Considering I was playing a blood nation, I would've thought this increases dominion.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What do you guys think of the new 'Raid' command for commanders with pillage bonuses? You can raid adjacent provinces and get their gold and kill their pop without having a battle.
Shift-Click btw.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 17, 2013

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
One weakness of Berytos is that the mages that are good are StR and need to be on the coast. All the rest are week.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I think the cherry on the top is that there is no sailing number limit. Size limit is 2, but they can bring as many dudes as they command.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
You can try Tir na n'Og or Niefelheim since they're pretty forgiving and have great commanders. Hinnom isn't that bad either, since they're powerful and will introduce you to bloodhunting.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What race are they btw?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I keep wondering: Is Atlantis the "good" underwater faction?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
EA Atlantis hurts to play because "lol wut's armor". They're sorta the bad guys in the beginning because Oceania's all nice and pretty, but they become the good guys in LA because they're the only ones willing to beat back R'lyeh. Speaking of EA R'lyeh, the Illwinter guys says they'll try and improve them.
Anyways, we all know that the "main character" of the series is Ermor.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
What I wonder the most is why would you ever want to buy a shambler?
Sure, they have decent hitpoints and strength but 1. They're naked and 2. They're expensive.
It even says in their description they don't really want to fight that much so they're essentially insulting you by going into battle completely nude. And it says that Atlantean hierarchy is based on size and age. :confused:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
gently caress shark tribe tritons. :argh:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Lot of nations now have national troops that don't require forts or get special recruits from terrain. Pythium is a good example.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Cloud of Death and Nether Darts are the premier Evo spells. Disintegrate (level 8 Alt) is also pretty good, especially on your assassins.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The slave warriors get 13 morale if they're lead by a taskmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

:cool:

amuayse fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 19, 2013

• Locked thread