Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Something feels clunky about the interface but I cannot place my finger on it. Also, I cannot go more than 3 turns without it crashing due to some dbg error or whatever. Is that common or do I have a bad install?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Lairek posted:

Say, how do you get to holy 5? I know that prophetising an H3 priest will give H4, but who has access to native H4 priests? Or are there Holy boosters?

I think Ctis had a 5 holy random event hero guy, though I am not sure if that was from a mod or not.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I played with Sceleria as W9S9, figuring that they were so hard to hit with super high defense and ethereal that the freebie from S9 will go a long ways, plus magic defense from banish. They were essentially unkillable by any indy and had no problem steamrolling people early game, but man was it boring.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

TheresNoThyme posted:

It's honestly surprising to see ashdod lose with that gem + rp advantage, even under AC. Couldn't he have just walked over to the proper thrones and ended the game, sailing be damned?

Though I knew I had a large research advantage (going from memory so might be a little off):
1) I bordered almost all of the human players, and Man, Marignon, and Pythium were still decent sized at that point and I was worried about getting dog piled.
2) The map was loosely X shaped, where there was a single hub that a sailing nation could go in 4 different areas that were not connected by land. Even if I attacked Vanheim I could only take a single small corner of his stuff, then I would need to go through a bunch of other nations to reach the other 90% of his land.
3) I did not have any air access until getting some guys from The Throne of Knowledge late game. I could see he had hundreds of storm demons and lightning spam, so I thought I would lose any fights without lightning resist.
4) I spent quite a bit of time trying to make a plan to get the thrones, but they were just too spread out. I could never reasonably get enough for a throne victory.

With that said, I probably would have had a chance at winning if I attacked earlier to get more turns in before AC was up. I felt like I was winning more than I was losing when I could summon a tart and 3 geared up ditanus a turn, but once astral corruption went up all my guys kept getting eaten. I am still not sure how I would have successfully got through Ctis and the other nations to get his cap without losing a lot of stuff.

• Locked thread