Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Corbeau posted:

Still feeling my way around the numbers.

e: I definitely like the darker ground in forests. Will keep that in mind when it comes to generating the ground texture.

This is starting to look like it has the potential to look seriously good! Darker ground in forests is good, so are the more dense trees compared to sparse trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mukip posted:

I didn't realize when I signed up to MoMagicMoProblems what a slog it is inevitably going to become. It's turn 15 and some people already have fortresses seemingly everywhere (looking at you, C'Tis). I've love to hear some advice from previous forever war veterans on how you are supposed to play this.

The next time I put up one of these games I'm going to have to add a big disclaimer: Do Not Sign Up If Your Autism Is Weak!

Having a million forts and mages, and having insane amounts of gems to summon things and cast dumb spells, is the entire point. Obviously a lot of people think this is nuts (true) and not fun (wrong!).

e: Araxes, whoever he is, was the player who got cut out of the game because he couldn't get his god uploaded for days. You might want to try and contact him and ask him if he'd sub for you, if it's really that bad.

How are u fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 17, 2017

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Mukip posted:

I didn't realize when I signed up to MoMagicMoProblems what a slog it is inevitably going to become. It's turn 15 and some people already have fortresses seemingly everywhere (looking at you, C'Tis). I've love to hear some advice from previous forever war veterans on how you are supposed to play this.

It was early morning when I first read this post and I mistook asking for advice for giving up, my mistake!
Mo money is basically a game of forts. Fighting over forts, cracking forts, setting defensive traps on forts, filling forts with siege chaff. All done with unlimited resources and tons of magic. There is probably a lot less strategic maneuvering than in a normal game. Personally I find storming forts to be one of the most fraught and satisfying things in the game.

E: mo money is WWI compared to vanilla's napoleonic wars.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Thinkmeats posted:

It's been about a billion years since I played this game, but somehow I lost a bet and now I'm trying to teach Dominions to a bunch of my college buddies -- the asynchronous turns hopefully will be a big help in terms of getting some strategy gaming in. I'm using Dominions 3 since it's the one I know and can teach, with the goal to get everyone on Dominions 4 if they get hooked--but that does mean some shenanigans are happening with trying to get a crowd of people into an ancient game. Given my circumstance, is this snek.earth thing my best bet, should I just stick with llamaserver, or am I best off just hosting it myself?

edit -- another question, I tried going through the steps listed in the matryx hosting guide and running the shortcut doesn't appear to do anything. Any thoughts?

Use Snek.Earth. Also why the gently caress would you use Dom3 and have your friends buy Dom3 when Dom4 is a thousand times better and more user-friendly (lol). It also goes on sale for like $14 on Steam very often.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Elukka posted:

Is it specifically for goon games or something or is it intended to be like an open thing? I've been looking into running some games with friends but I haven't yet looked very deeply on how to actually do it.

It was set up by Naksu for the dom 4 goon community, so you'll have to ask him.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

mo money settings are so bad

Actually they are Cool and Fun.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Wow, your first efforts made a huge difference. With some time and thought this could look really great.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Tagichatn posted:

I made a new game: No Snek.
It will probably feature a map from Corbeau's magical program. Any suggestions for mods? Looking at worthy heroes, ai no recruit and the blood nerf mod for now.

Make Patala Great Again mod.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Believe you me, the next Mo Magic Mo Problems game will not have underwater nations.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I think both of them look great :shrug:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Rivers look like they could actually be A Thing instead of the tiny little crap ones you get on in-game genned maps. Nice work.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:lol: Mo Magic Mo Problems game just got it's first Armageddon spell this turn. Well, it's first 3 Armageddons. That's a first for me.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Jsoh was actually doing very well as universally-hated nation Nazca, so I am glad that victory was snatched from his clammy hands.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Looks fantastic!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Leperflesh posted:

Along the same lines, what in the hell is anyone supposed to do against stone rain

Invest in hats.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Forge Cons 0 helms for every. single. mage.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Ugh that's loving awesome give it to me so I can host games!

e: they'll be called No Ugly No Problems :buddy:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Corbeau posted:

e:

Funny you should ask...

Second pass:

Still another step planned.

:vince:

Those swamps.

These maps are going to look phenomenal. And, there's no end to the variation you'll be able to program. I imagine people will make tons of sprite variants for trees and mountains and pre-set site indicators and poo poo.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Combine it with the Make Patala Great Again mod IMO

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Those mountains look fantastic. I love the idea of mountain provinces having little fertile valleys visible. Very Alpine.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Never trust the vile Spanish IMO.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I'm seeing shades of

Which is a good thing IMO

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Real talk those actually look fantastic, and better than trillwinter's weird cave-bubble image.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Johnny Joestar posted:

that looks a lot better, honestly. like some sort of town square. maybe even a step further, if you want, and put some small detail along the lines of fairground banners or some light scaffolding that will be covered up by the forts if/when they're built?

Or just maybe some little linework to enhance the idea of a cobblestone town square.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Once this beta drops there are going to be several flavors of fun, new games going up. Oh yes indeed!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
This is going to be a very fun winter, wow!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Since there's probably something like ~2 months left before Dominions 5 comes out I'm creating sign-ups for a couple more games if people are feeling like :siren: one last hurrah in Dominions 4.

One Last EA game and One Last MA game are going to be standard, vanilla games that only use the "how are u" quality of life mod (blood & vamp nerfs, no BoT, no bat tribe indies).

The game Just Late is an LA game with a few slots still open for sign ups too!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Turin Turambar posted:

You can have 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 global spell slots.

:eyepop:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

EVIL Gibson posted:

It will become a downward spiral of suck if there is no way to stop units from running into a wall of instant death that is summoned right on top of them as they charge in without a way for them to wait until the mages are done casting.

Actually, that sounds metal-as-gently caress and very :dominions:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

quote:

Limp: Commanders lose 4 MM, troops do not but have a 25% chance of death if they move more than one province.
Crippled: Commanders lose 75% MM, troops do not but have a 50% chance of dying when moving one province and 75% if more.

:lol:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Naksu posted:

looks like snek will be ready for dom5

Will snek gain features that allow it to replace the GGS / Brainwrinkle as well?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Now make Flashman.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Just wait 6 weeks!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I like the Dominions soundtrack and think its very soothing :(

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Applebee123 posted:

Wingdings + obscure mods that add lots new spells and items.

You spend the game discovering ancient spells and items that were lost in the previous ascendancy wars and try to figure out what they do.

Also for added fun all base spells/items from the normal game are removed in the mod.

Combine nation-gen and spell-gen with this :eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Wasn't dom4 only like $35?

• Locked thread