Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

I don't read too much in the way of manga any more, but this is pretty interesting. I'm used to the protagonists having at least one or two redeeming qualities, but these folks are pretty reprehensible, which, for the most part, makes them more relatable. Just chewing through chapter 16 now, and the one thing that impresses me most is the artwork, which is phenomenal.

Must be pretty cathartic to have all of these essays on manga culture embedded in a story like this.

I dunno, Hideo is a creep, a weirdo and morally kind of a bad person but I think it'd be a little extreme to call him completely rehensible.

I mean he takes firearm laws very seriously. :colbert:

Captain Invictus posted:

I assume it has something to do with this "grand master plan" with the infected, such as them heading south. Honestly I don't even know if I'd call them zombies anymore, because they are far more cognizant than your stereotypical shambler/runner now.

Zombies were originally very much conizant back when they were characterized as revenants. :colbert:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

Yep, I hate it too. I agree that the transition in terminology is appropriate, but it makes me think of *chan and reddit, which only reinforces my dislike of the transition into a zombie story and all that entails..

You say that as if it weren't entirely intentional.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Can anyone summarize Boys on the Run because it seemed pretty eh from what I read compared to IAAH.

ViggyNash posted:

That side story was all kinds of messed up, and this world keeps getting stranger and stranger. Also, I'm glad the story's back on topic: Hideo being goofy in zombieland.

..I can't help but wonder..

Hideo's not exactly right in the head. Is this going to go Silent Hill?

• Locked thread