Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just started reading this. First volume was ok. It was kinda boring, but it had decent character development and good build up. Then I read volume 2.Then loving zombies happened. As someone from the US I'm kinda burnt out on zombies, but this still manages to make it pretty interesting. The story in this case isn't the usual "How will they survive?", it's "When will Hideo figure out he's trapped in the zombie appocalypse?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Vol 4 I was kinda iffy about the protagonist at first, but I love how unique of a character he is for a zombie apocalypse story. It's starting to feel more and more like The Waking Dead: Japan Edition, but with some interesting differences.

e: And I really hope Hiromi's here to stay. As a human, I mean.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 16, 2013

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
CH 62: Wow, I really like how they handled zombie Hiromi. It kinda reminds me of Valve's "Meet the Pyro" video, except more brutal, more horrifying, and much more fascinating. Is she somehow still semi-conscious of her actions and is knowingly helping out Hideo and the cameraman? Or is this just some weird mental translation and she isn't consciously trying to be helpful?

This manga is the perfect alternative to The Walking Dead in just about every way.

e: Ch63: "Shinji-kun, I'll protect you." Huh, maybe she is conscious of it.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 25, 2013

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That side story was all kinds of messed up, and this world keeps getting stranger and stranger. Also, I'm glad the story's back on topic: Hideo being goofy in zombieland.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Man Dancer posted:

I read the weird centipede thing as a visual manifestation of the infection taking hold in the guy's brain, much like Hitomi seeing people and zombies as giant toys. I don't think it was literally there as presented.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You could be right.

• Locked thread