Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Chapter 11:
Jesus Christ. God drat it, holy poo poo. Jesus, gently caress. That is creepy and scary.

Chapter 12:
And the next chapter is worse.. :(
That is so sad and awful, even though all these characters are stupid and lovely people.

The art is really good. The people are really ugly (realistically).

Edit: This is way better than I thought it would be. I can't stop reading.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Volume 7: Why'd they have to shoot hiromi in the brain? With the crossbow arrow I mean. :(

edit: can someone explain What was happening with the manga editor side story? I didn't even understand a bit of what was going on there.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 11, 2013

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

You should read Ressentiment and Boys on the Run, both by the same author.

I think people can skip Ressentiment. I don't think it's worth reading.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

That's actually a pretty cool dream. Thanks for sharing it.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

There's not just a human centipede, there's a giant human octopus thing as well. You can see it through the windows of the church. That's awesome. This manga continues to be the only thing to make zombies scary to me.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

And if you want more horrifying mutant zombies that are actually really creepy, you should check out Fortress of the Apocalypse

Seems like it's pretty clearly taking inspiration from this series. Thanks for the recommendation.

E: It's really good.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 21, 2014

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

cafel posted:

Honestly, of all the zombie apocalypse stories I've read, this series is by far the best. It strikes a great balance between body horror, the break down of society and the interpersonal tension of small groups under pressure that you expect in the genre without getting bogged down in the cynicism or wish fulfillment you tend to get in a lot of stuff.

Hideo looks like the author.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

Now if you're asking if he is going to go all Kurusu since he got bit well then no idea on that one

Wait what, he got bit? When did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Wow. What the gently caress is going on. When the Zombies turned on each-other, it seems that some of them are lining up to turn into a centipede in chapter 165.
The fat guy monster looks like one of the Kurusu guys but he died right?

• Locked thread